PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Are The Pats Going To Pick At The 7 Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I'd like Keith Rivers. He just reminds me of all those other LBs recently who have been great in their first few years that I end up wishing we'd have taken. I really wish Maualuga had declared though.

I think you're likely wrong, and that he's not worth that high of a pick, but we'll see.

Also, they worked out both Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams. Knowing the Patriots, they could be interested in both, but think Williams could be the better value, as he'll likely go in the late third-fourth range.

I hope they trade down since the CBs are not valued that high this year & they can pick up an extra pick & still get a 'coveted' CB! Who's not a little pissed about losing our regular '1st round' pick which would of been 31st this year ?!?! it would of been a nice coup to get to 'high' defensive draft picks in the 1st round (of course Belichick / Pioli will be drafting QB Matt Ryan & a WR since our offense really needs them!!)

That was funny about the Jets: trading both 1sts to get Robertson :) F*cking idiots could've waited for Ty Warren like us...

The more I think about it, the more I'd like Keith Rivers. He just reminds me of all those other LBs recently who have been great in their first few years that I end up wishing we'd have taken. I really wish Maualuga had declared though.

I was looking at Rivers too since it looks like Gholston's gone. The thing that scared me about Rivers is he had no sacks last year. Does that mean he just can't get to the QB or was it the scheme? Pats OLB are known for getting to the QB. That said I would still rather have Rivers then a CB.

Last edited:
I was looking at Rivers too since it looks like Gholston's gone. The thing that scared me about Rivers is he had no sacks last year. Does that mean he just can't get to the QB or was it the scheme? Pats OLB are known for getting to the QB. That said I would still rather have Rivers then a CB.

If the Pats took him at #7 he would probably be projected as an ILB rather then the outside so I wouldnt worry bout the sack numbers much.

If the Pats took him at #7 he would probably be projected as an ILB rather then the outside so I wouldnt worry bout the sack numbers much.

Exactly. If Rivers were to get selected by NE, I'm pretty sure they would be projecting him to ILB.

Last edited:
I think they go with the following:

1. CB Mike Jenkins, USF
Arguably the top DB available. Best combination of ball skills + footwork.

2. OLB/DE Marcus Howard, UGA
Under the radar. 10 sacks last season. Top speed in draft class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back