PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which two players do you want most from the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuh bunch of Day One glory hawgs. I'll take Day Two lads CB Chevis Jackson and LB John Leman.

Any 2 players? Probably Vernon Gholston and Jake Long.

Assuming it has to be realistic (IE one first rounder and one player expected to be available after the first) I would take Vernon Gholston and Chris Johnson. The second player is tough to choose, but I believe Johnson could have an impact in the return game as well as on offense. I wouldn't be surprised if he could run some of those bubble screens that we ran with Stallworth/Welker last season. I also strongly considered Antoine Cason, but the overall strength of the CB position lead me to choose the RB. For the record, I don't expect either Gholston or Johnson to be Patriots. Gholston will go before 7 and Johnson before 62.

Mayo & Jack Williams (though Wheatley/ Moulton would do fine).

Any 2 overall? Id take the 2 Virginia kids, Long and Albert, and call it a day.

Realistically, Id be happy somehow seeing Albert and Cason as the 2 newest Pats.

Yuh bunch of Day One glory hawgs. I'll take Day Two lads CB Chevis Jackson and LB John Leman.

Chevis Jackson is a good prospect for the Patriots, and I would also like to see him on the roster. Where do you think he's getting selected? I'm guessing third round.

Leman is also an interesting prospect, and he could be of good value in the later rounds. Go back and watch their game vs Ohio State, Leman was all over the field making plays, and looked better than Laurinaitis. Oh, and it's Jeremy, not John :D

I'm interested in getting your take on some other players:
Brandon Flowers
Antoine Cason
Jameel McClain
Quentin Groves
Titus Brown
Jonathan Goff
Mike Jenkins

Chevis Jackson is a good prospect for the Patriots, and I would also like to see him on the roster. Where do you think he's getting selected? I'm guessing third round.

Leman is also an interesting prospect, and he could be of good value in the later rounds. Go back and watch their game vs Ohio State, Leman was all over the field making plays, and looked better than Laurinaitis. Oh, and it's Jeremy, not John :D

I'm interested in getting your take on some other players:
Brandon Flowers
Antoine Cason
Jameel McClain
Quentin Groves
Titus Brown
Jonathan Goff
Mike Jenkins
Jeremy!
angry-smiley-7996.gif

Flowers is short, slow, and instinctive. 3rd round would be okay.
Cason is my default #1 CB (Talib is my #1, but his off-field makes me want him late 2nd.)
McClain is interesting, 6th round.
Groves isn't on my board, maybe it was his foot injury, but I watched him this season and felt he just didn't have "it" to make the OLB conversion - for his sake I'd like to be wrong, seems like an okay kid otherwise.
Brown seems like another interesting project, 6th round.
Goff would be okay in the 5th.
Jenkins, not a fit for NE's D - tackling.

Jim Brown and Lawrence Taylor. If one of them are taken, then John Hannah.

Antoine Cason
and
Dan Connor - you can't go wrong drafting a LB from Penn State

Of course there are many top ten athletes above these guys,but in terms of a decent not so high burden on the cap I think these two are the bargain guys

Dan Connor - you can't go wrong drafting a LB from Penn State

Really? In the last seven years, only two have made the NFL, and they both got drafted last year, so the jury's still out.

I think Penn State as Linebacker U went belly-up sometime in the 80s.

Really? In the last seven years, only two have made the NFL, and they both got drafted last year, so the jury's still out.

I think Penn State as Linebacker U went belly-up sometime in the 80s.

I've always liked LBs out of Penn State,True its been a dry spell somewhat for the Nittany Lions but thier football program is truly second to none in the NCAA
And I absolutely HATE Penn State as a collegiate football fan -AND I am only a 2 1/2 hour drive driving west from here in PA to get to State College so to actually like players from thier college and hope they are on this team does hurt somewhat.

Are there any Penn State Grads on the current NE Patriots roster anyone?

Owen Schmidtt (sp?) and Leodis McKelvin.

(Though who I actually want them to draft is Mauluaga. :()

Chris Long and Tom Zbikowski.

Very nice call with Zbikowski! This guy is smart and hard hitting. Plus, he played under Charlie Weis. Even if Weis is offensively minded, he's a former Patriot. This is one guy that we can get in later rounds that I think would be a beautiful fit for our system.

As for me: Gholston and Mike Jenkins.

I've always liked LBs out of Penn State,True its been a dry spell somewhat for the Nittany Lions but thier football program is truly second to none in the NCAA
And I absolutely HATE Penn State as a collegiate football fan -AND I am only a 2 1/2 hour drive driving west from here in PA to get to State College so to actually like players from thier college and hope they are on this team does hurt somewhat.

Are there any Penn State Grads on the current NE Patriots roster anyone?

No. I am sure I'm missing someone but the last contributer from Penn St that I remember is Sam Gash.

Very nice call with Zbikowski! This guy is smart and hard hitting. Plus, he played under Charlie Weis. Even if Weis is offensively minded, he's a former Patriot. This is one guy that we can get in later rounds that I think would be a beautiful fit for our system.

As for me: Gholston and Mike Jenkins.

The one thing I've always questions about Zbikiowski is his love of football. Given that he also has pursued boxing, hopefully he's not another Jeff Smardzja and his heart is really in football. Again, I have read nothing that states this, but looking at his actions tells me that he clearly doesn't have 100% passion for football, which is always strongly encouraged in NE.

Any 2? I would take C.Long and W.Woodyard...The best player in the draft who fits our system and my binkie....who better start learning how to play SS.

I'm on the same bandwagon. I keep trying on other scenarios for fit, but coming back to Groves and Cason.

In fact, I keep envisioning emerging from the 1st 3 rounds with Groves, Cason, Bryant and Goff. Realistically, though, there will be some offense sprinkled in there.

same exact thing here

and would add Goff too, LOL

Groves and Cliff Avril.
Honestly I wouldn't mind if they drafted Groves and Avril

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye