PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which two players do you want most from the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterlifemobile-86

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Groves & Cason for me. Both just seem like they would be solid defenders in BB's schemes. Anyone else?

Rodgers-Cromartie and Curtis Lofton....... and I'm a pig rollin in mud..........

Chris Long and Tom Zbikowski.

C. Long and Gohlston.

Groves & Cason for me.

I'm on the same bandwagon. I keep trying on other scenarios for fit, but coming back to Groves and Cason.

In fact, I keep envisioning emerging from the 1st 3 rounds with Groves, Cason, Bryant and Goff. Realistically, though, there will be some offense sprinkled in there.

I'm with you people on Cason, but I have no idea why so many people on this board are enamored with Quentin Groves. I'm just not sold on him. I think everyone watched the Auburn/Florida game a bit too much.

I wouldn't mind any combo of Gholston/Groves/Avril

Last edited:
Chris Long and Groves. Cason would be a third guy. I wish we had the Cowboys two picks rather than the #7 (or the #7 and the #31!)

Jay and Silent Bob

Gholston or Long...

Imagine what we could do on passing downs with them...

Outside-Gholston or Long
Inside-Jarvis Green
Inside-Thomas
Outside-Vrabel

That could be a ridiculous pass rush...Stick Rodney as a rover in the middle and away we go.

C. Long (or Gholston) and Cason.

If the Pats can't get Long or Gholston at 7 (and sadly, I don't think they can after the Jared Allen trade), I'd trade down and maybe pick Rivers while picking up another 2nd and I'd "overpay" (I don't consider it overpaying when you acquire one of the best defensive players in football without dealing a 1st rounder) for Jason Taylor by giving a 2nd and the Oakland 3rd or the 2 2nd rounders.

I think veterans tend to be undervalued and picks after the 1st round tend to be overrated. I'll take the guaranteed stud, even if he's only got 3 years or so left.

Last edited:
I'm still entirely undecided about who I want at #7.

Two (slightly) later picks I want:
Cliff Avril
Beau Bell

Bruce Davis UCLA
Earl Bennett Vandy

Mayo and Cason would make my day

DRC and Groves... I also would like Kenny Phillips, regardless of immediate need.

Chris Long or Gholston would make me happy as well.

Last edited:
M. Ryan and C. Long.

Let Ryan sit on the bench and learn for 8 years. Then step in like Steve Young.:D

Chris Long and Chris Johnson (RB)

Harvey and Groves.

Trade down from 7 to pick up a 3rd and not overdraft Harvey. Then trade the second and as many thirds as we need to move back up to draft Groves, with Cason as a back-up in case Groves goes too early. Groves takes Colvin's spot and Harvey works both inside and outside, ala AD.

McKelvin and Lofton, and that would still give us some other dandy picks...

But Mayo and DRC would be nice too.

Or Gholston and Cason....

hell lets get em all..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back