PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which one of our sloppy seconds will Denver sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourierSeries

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
John Elway has made it an annual tradition in Denver to sign one of our free agents. Which one will he sign this offseason?

Denver fans seem to want McCourty. But I doubt he reaches free agency (at least I hope he doesn't.)

So which NE FA will Denver land this year?

John Elway has made it an annual tradition in Denver to sign one of our free agents. Which one will he sign this offseason?

Denver fans seem to want McCourty. But I doubt he reaches free agency (at least I hope he doesn't.)

So which NE FA will Denver land this year?

McCourty probably gets tagged.

Every year we beat down the Broncos, they (Elway & Fans) seem to decide we have something they need. My bet is them going for a left handed punter. They need one of those.

I wouldn't call any of our guys sloppy seconds

White+Knight.jpg

Elway can't afford to sign all of his own FA's, so he's not going to be looking at paying slightly less than Earl Williams type money to McCourty

If we cut Amendola I expect him to land in Denver. Which is probably the primary reason I don't want to cut Amendola.
if that happens i wonder if welker would come back and back up julian? his ego may be to big.

There would be something incredibly humorous about Amendola going to Denver to replace Welker, considering that only a couple of seasons ago Denver fans were so delighted to land Welker and laughed at us for replacing him with Amendola.

However, I hope that doesn't happen. I would want Amendola back.

if that happens i wonder if welker would come back and back up julian? his ego may be to big.

I am not sure I would want Welker back, if we lost Danny A. He looked like he lost some of his quickness. Tom Brady may want him back since they are close. After how he played down the stretch, I would rather have Danny A at a reduced cap number. Plus Welker burned some bridges on the way out.

Welker is physically done at the elite level. He's a 3rd or 4th wr right now and I don't see Bill signing a high priced, broken veteran just because he was a great player in the past. If welker comes back, and IMO he never will, it will be a lower wage prove it deal and I see him being a rotational player and not a starter.

No thanks.

And when I say "No thanks," that's my nice way of saying I will be pissed off that turn coat ever gets to dawn a Patriot uniform ever again.

Good thing I don't have to worry about it, because Belichick gets the last laugh.

If Denver poached Vereen I could live with bringing back Woodhead if he were available.

Loved Danny !

Woodhead IMO might be a huge gamble. All depends on how he rebounds from his ACL injury.

There would be something incredibly humorous about Amendola going to Denver to replace Welker, considering that only a couple of seasons ago Denver fans were so delighted to land Welker and laughed at us for replacing him with Amendola.

However, I hope that doesn't happen. I would want Amendola back.
I suppose that it would be incredibly humorous. BTW, what was the production of the two players for the last two years. Did we really have such a bargain with Amendola?

Denver has it's own free agent problems and cap to deal with. I don't think they pick up anyone we let go.

Broncos have ball anderson and hillman. Anderson looked pretty good and is cheap. Just saying.

Elway can't afford to sign all of his own FA's, so he's not going to be looking at paying slightly less than Earl Williams type money to McCourty

Unfortunately Ken, that may not be the case--according to Miguel.

DEN should actually be in a fine position to pick and choose which FA's they want to retain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back