PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where will Josh Gordon end up if he is reinstated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't how people can say they'd rather have Amendola. I appreciate the hell out of the guy and my answer would be "find a way to have both" but if it' a choice, it's Josh Gordon.

Yes I know he's another dumb decision from being banned but Amendola is one tweak from being out for the year

Plus it's more Cooks and Gordon for Amendola.

Come on people you're telling me you don't want this

--Hogan----Cooks----Gronk-OL--------Edelman-----Gordon
---------------------------------Brady

Thank you - I agree 110%.

If you wanted to use a baseball comparison, The Amendola people are picking Brock Holt over Mookie Betts.

Thank you - I agree 110%.

If you wanted to use a baseball comparison, The Amendola people are picking Brock Holt over Mookie Betts.

Cutting Brock Holt to sign Josh Hamilton would be a better reference.

You lose depth for a potential highside gain with a huge risk of an even lower side consequence.

Cutting Brock Holt to sign Josh Hamilton would be a better reference.

You lose depth for a potential highside gain with a huge risk of an even lower side consequence.

That is a terrible comparison.
Hamilton is past his prime and breaks down often with injuries.... That sounds more like Amendola, but Hamilton was a star at one time, and Amendola was never a star.

Anyone who compares Amendola's talent to Josh Gordon has been drinking too much Koolaid.

Amendola is going to be 32 & he had 23 catches last year. 17 touchdowns over 8 years is a JAG.

With the cap savings they would get by releasing him, he may not even be back next year. If he is back he will probably need to take at least a 75 % play cut.

He has been productive in the playoffs, but Brady has made a lot of JAGS look good over the years.

Gordon had 1,600+ yards in 1 season being double covered on a bad team with a bad Quarterback.

Put Gordon with Brady & then see what happens.

Last edited:
That is a terrible comparison.
Hamilton is past his prime and breaks down often with injuries.... That sounds more like Amendola, but Hamilton was a star at one time, and Amendola was never a star.

Anyone who compares Amendola's talent to Josh Gordon has been drinking too much Koolaid.

Amendola is going to be 32 & he had 23 catches last year. 17 touchdowns over 8 years is a JAG.

With the cap savings they would get by releasing him, he may not even be back next year. If he is back he will probably need to take at least a 75 % play cut.

He has been productive in the playoffs, but Brady has made a lot of JAGS look good over the years.

Gordon had 1,600+ yards in 1 season being double covered on a bad team with a bad Quarterback.

Put Gordon with Brady & then see what happens.

C'mon joe that was the best comparison you've ever read. You know it and I know it. :D

My point is not that Gordon wouldn't be great rather that I would not want to lose Amendola to do so because, like Hamilton, Gordon could relapse and we would be left without either. I would rather know we have a tough as **** clutch Amendola on the sideline than a flash in the pan electric light show when we already have an electric light show and Gordon is just an additional light bulb.

Now you've read the best analogy. Beat that buddy. :p

C'mon joe that was the best comparison you've ever read. You know it and I know it. :D

My point is not that Gordon wouldn't be great rather that I would not want to lose Amendola to do so because, like Hamilton, Gordon could relapse and we would be left without either. I would rather know we have a tough as **** clutch Amendola on the sideline than a flash in the pan electric light show when we already have an electric light show and Gordon is just an additional light bulb.

Now you've read the best analogy. Beat that buddy. :p

I can't help myself Tony... I am always looking for the shiny new toy. I would hate to lose Amendola too, but I am not convinced he will make the team this year anyways.

Maybe that is why they have not redone his contract yet. We both know Belichick don't give 5th WR 5 million more than he has to.

I also love when Belichick makes the rest of the league look foolish. He may be able to get Gordon added as a throw in on the Garoppalo trade.

The fact Cleveland has talked about trading or releasing Gordon, and all the talk about Garoppalo, you can't help but think Belichick would want to roll the dice & gamble on Gordon being the next Randy Moss type of steal, that people will be talking about 250 years from now, when they do the 17th documentary on the greatest coach in NFL history.

If Gordon ever came to the Pat's, this would be a total heist. Our passing game with Gordon, Cook, Edelman & Gronk would have the league complaining again..... "They are running up the score".

It would make sense for Kyle Shanahan to offer a day 3 pick in exchange for the rights to Gordon. Gordon knows the system and has some experience working with Hoyer, and their WR situation is currently completely gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back