PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where Is The Pats Deep Threat At????

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if welker goes..we will have a good amount of $$ for some WRs....but none will be like him

You obviously do not understand football.

When all of your targets are short to midrange, 0 deep threats, it's pretty easy to control...why cannot you get this?

Having at least 1 deep threat is needed for the defense to account for.

That is all.
No, you clearly just started watching football in 2007.

How many championships did we win with Moss, the GOAT deep threat?

Now please tell me who our deep threat was when we won THREE superbowls.

I'll wait as you try to argue David Thomas was an elite deep threat.

You must be thinking of Garrett Mills, not Thomas ;)

Mills would have been the deep threat for the next 10 yrs had Childress not pilfered him away.

Damn you Childress...damn you to hell.

No, you clearly just started watching football in 2007.

How many championships did we win with Moss, the GOAT deep threat?

Now please tell me who our deep threat was when we won THREE superbowls.

We had clutch guys that could catch the ball 15-20 yards down field and an elite defense. Current team has no clutch players, no one that can catch a ball 15-20 yards down field besides Gronk, and a dumpster fire for a defense.

You don't need a GOAT deep threat you need a balanced team that can attack all parts of the field, we have a team that can attack 5-15 yards in the middle of the field, barely on the outside, and a running game that is never trusted when it is crunch time or we are down.

We had clutch guys that could catch the ball 15-20 yards down field and an elite defense. Current team has no clutch players, no one that can catch a ball 15-20 yards down field besides Gronk, and a dumpster fire for a defense.

You don't need a GOAT deep threat you need a balanced team that can attack all parts of the field, we have a team that can attack 5-15 yards in the middle of the field, barely on the outside, and a running game that is never trusted when it is crunch time or we are down.

While your points may hold some truth, keep in mind that in the past two seasons a grand total of ZERO NFL games have been played since the NEP have been eliminated. The first and only one will be tomorrow's SB matchup.

To me that says that they have done well enough (as do the record setting stats and 36 pt average) to keep them extremely competitive and right on the brink of getting a good bounce or two for winning the whole damn thing.

On top of that the offense actually improved in several areas this past year, including having a better #2 option than Branch and a much more balanced attack via the run.

Sure there may be some weaknesses, but those are very easy to point out vs the Baltimores of the world too.

Keep in mind this "flawed offense" kept a 45 game streak alive until last weekend where they either won outright or lost within one score...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft