PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where Is The Pats Deep Threat At????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claremonster

Banned
Reaction score
This is one of the major reasons why the Pats can't win the big games.

Where is Randy Moss's replacement at? :mad:

Yes. On a day with 20 MPH winds and 40 MPH gusts, throwing 40 yard bombs would have been the answer.

I've said it before but I'd like to see this team at at least two WRs of two different skill sets: a speedy deep threat and a physical possession receiver who can also get down field.

A Torrey Smith and an Anquan Boldin, pretty much.

I've said it before but I'd like to see this team at at least two WRs of two different skill sets: a speedy deep threat and a physical possession receiver who can also get down field.

A Torrey Smith and an Anquan Boldin, pretty much.

I'd say Lloyd and Welker are about the least physically intimidating receivers in the league, one guys too short to effectively attack any part of the field besides the middle 10 yards or closer and the other guy lives on the ground.

This is one of the major reasons why the Pats can't win the big games.

Where is Randy Moss's replacement at? :mad:

Welker is your deep threat. No.....seriously.....Welker is the Pats deep threat. BB prefers (short) square peg in round hole

I'd say Lloyd and Welker are about the least physically intimidating receivers in the league, one guys too short to effectively attack any part of the field besides the middle 10 yards or closer and the other guy lives on the ground.

Come on......if you listen to the Lloyd fanboys......Lloyd is a THREAT.....a WEAPON.....until he catches the ball. Then the threat fall down go boom.

Welker is a deep threat. He doesn't have enough speed to get separation and he's not tall and can't jump so the window for TB12 is about 9 inches in diameter but he needs to be able to hit that window throwing downfield 40 yards into at 35 mph cross breeze. :confused:

I can't wait for the day when the opposing defenses don't cheap up to the LOS without worry at all about being burned.

Come on......if you listen to the Lloyd fanboys......Lloyd is a THREAT.....a WEAPON.....until he catches the ball. Then the threat fall down go boom.

He's a huge threat to the Gillette turf, Lloyd's facemask is probably imprinted into the turf in half a dozen places :D

He's a huge threat to the Gillette turf, Lloyd's facemask is probably imprinted into the turf in half a dozen places :D

Don't underestimate him please. He can also do that nifty spin the ball thing as gets off the turf.

That deep threat really didn't help matters in 2007 or 2009 playoffs.

And who was our deep threat in 2001-2004?

This is one of the last concerns to focus on IMO.

Apparently folks want to spend $10M on a wide receiver who might work out, instead of re-signing Welker. We may not re-sign Welker, but that would not be because Welker is poor fit, as you guys suggest.

Revise the question:

Where is the Patriots' clutch execution at????

That deep threat really didn't help matters in 2007 or 2009 playoffs.

And who was our deep threat in 2001-2004?

This is one of the last concerns to focus on IMO.

13 points yesterday
Lloyd had 6 YAC in playoffs
Brady has to be perfect on all deep passes because our deep threat Welker can't jump or extend his arms past his ears. (Sorry Wes...luv ya still)
Just give Brady viable options in all sectors of the field.....How this roster is constructed, the Pats have no down field threat to WIN the 50/50 battles....its all on Brady being perfect over the top.

You put a deep threat opposite of Lloyd, say like Bowe and this offense is unstoppable. Every inch of the field would have to be respected. Ravens took away the middle of the field and as a result, 13 points from a top 5 offense in NFL history.

The patriots already have a deep threat.............but they placed him on injury reserve 2 weeks after signing him.

Apparently folks want to spend $10M on a wide receiver who might work out, instead of re-signing Welker. We may not re-sign Welker, but that would not be because Welker is poor fit, as you guys suggest.

Welker isn't a deep threat. He is best used in the mid plays. Lloyd also.

Where is the deep threats at? There are none.

And it IS important. If you have no deep threats, the defense can lock down the middle.

Obviously there is more areas to improve on, but, without a deep threat...you won't be winning much of anything.

Yet, Lloyd has more yards per catch than either Hernandez or Welker. And has more first down catches than any player on the team. Absolute hot garbage. :rolleyes:

I thought Using facts was not allowed,

Yet, Lloyd has more yards per catch than either Hernandez or Welker. And has more first down catches than any player on the team. Absolute hot garbage. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes