PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will Eli and the Giants fold??

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing about about the NFL, one minute you are golden, and the next you are the goat. The running back I most wanted 3 years ago? D'Angelo Williams. His first 2 seasons, he looked like a bust, now, he is near the top of that class with MJD. Addai looked like a great pick, fantastic rookie year, but he could have a short lived career. BTW, is Maroney still around?

G-Men obviously suffered from the loss of Plax. Jacobs-not sure if he was 100%, andof course, losing guys on the D caught up to them. Still a great team, and a wonderful and improbable SuperBowl victory over the hapless Patriots.

This is AWESOME:

YouTube - Tom Brady Scoffs at 17 Point Prediction

3 super bowls my friend. at least the pats went back to the super bowl 2 more times after winning. the giants couldn't even win a single playoff game. they are a very good team but eli is the weak link. everyone thinks your super bowl was lucky. when people look back at SB 42, they will think one thing: eli scrambling and tyree making a miracle one in a billion catch. you will have to live with that for the rest of your life as a giants fan. the giants have fielded two of the worst super bowl winning teams ever - 90 giants and 2007 giants. on the other hand, many people consider our super bowl teams(SB 38-39) some of the best in NFL history.

That's the thing about about the NFL, one minute you are golden, and the next you are the goat. The running back I most wanted 3 years ago? D'Angelo Williams. His first 2 seasons, he looked like a bust, now, he is near the top of that class with MJD. Addai looked like a great pick, fantastic rookie year, but he could have a short lived career. BTW, is Maroney still around?

G-Men obviously suffered from the loss of Plax. Jacobs-not sure if he was 100%, andof course, losing guys on the D caught up to them. Still a great team, and a wonderful and improbable SuperBowl victory over the hapless Patriots.

This is AWESOME:

YouTube - Tom Brady Scoffs at 17 Point Prediction

oh and your other team the colts choked too.

3 super bowls my friend. at least the pats went back to the super bowl 2 more times after winning. the giants couldn't even win a single playoff game. they are a very good team but eli is the weak link. everyone thinks your super bowl was lucky. when people look back at SB 42, they will think one thing: eli scrambling and tyree making a miracle one in a billion catch. you will have to live with that for the rest of your life as a giants fan. the giants have fielded two of the worst super bowl winning teams ever - 90 giants and 2007 giants. on the other hand, many people consider our super bowl teams(SB 38-39) some of the best in NFL history.
The Pats also missed the playoffs their first year as defending champs. A SB winning team is a SB winning team who gives a crap how people view it. If people think the Giants won SB 42 b/c of a fluke Tyree play then those people are ignorant morons who shouldnt even be worried baout

The Pats also missed the playoffs their first year as defending champs. A SB winning team is a SB winning team who gives a crap how people view it. If people think the Giants won SB 42 b/c of a fluke Tyree play then those people are ignorant morons who shouldnt even be worried baout

it was a fluke win since eli is a girl.

Last edited:
it was a fluke win since eli is a girl.

I cant argue against eli being a female but saying it was a fluke win just means your living in denial.

I cant argue against eli being a female but saying it was a fluke win just means your living in denial.

It was a fluke win. How often do the Pats drop 2 INTs, lose someone they basically had in the grasp, and then have a guy catch a ball on his helmet all in one drive? Taking nothing away from the Giants, they played an excellent game, but that last drive was flukey.

I still maintain, and will until the day I die, that when we had first and goal from the 6 with 2:55 left we should have ran the ball.

It was a fluke win. How often do the Pats drop 2 INTs, lose someone they basically had in the grasp, and then have a guy catch a ball on his helmet all in one drive? Taking nothing away from the Giants, they played an excellent game, but that last drive was flukey.

I still maintain, and will until the day I die, that when we had first and goal from the 6 with 2:55 left we should have ran the ball.

DOn't remind me. McDaniels playcalling that game was what cost us. He rushed our offense to score quickly but left too much time left for the flukes to come back. losing to peyton is one thing, but losing to eli is not acceptable.

"It was a fluke win. How often do the Pats drop 2 INTs, lose someone they basically had in the grasp, and then have a guy catch a ball on his helmet all in one drive? Taking nothing away from the Giants, they played an excellent game, but that last drive was flukey."

Ok K-Ro 25 (and this should be just effin brilliant), we all want to know why you dont' consider that win a fluke.

I'm begging you to chime in and like I said, this ought to be a gem........

"It was a fluke win. How often do the Pats drop 2 INTs, lose someone they basically had in the grasp, and then have a guy catch a ball on his helmet all in one drive? Taking nothing away from the Giants, they played an excellent game, but that last drive was flukey."

Ok K-Ro 25 (and this should be just effin brilliant), we all want to know why you dont' consider that win a fluke.

I'm begging you to chime in and like I said, this ought to be a gem........

b/c there was nothing fluky about the giants d-line kicking the pats arse for 4 quarters, even after the tyree catch the Giants still had to convert a 3rd down coversion to steve smith and still had to take the lead with a TD. The tyree catch didnt determine the game alone. You cant discredit a full game of strong football b/c of a dropped pick, and the biggest BS play in sports history. What was fluky about Justin Tuck, Osi, Umeyiora or Michael Strahan? I think playing the if game is pointless. If the Giants never fumble in the red zone in the first half then what? You can just go in circles playing WHAT IFS

Last edited:
"b/c there was nothing fluky about the giants d-line kicking the pats arse for 4 quarters, even after the tyree catch the Giants still had to convert a 3rd down coversion to steve smith and still had to take the lead with a TD. The tyree catch didnt determine the game alone. You cant discredit a full game of strong football b/c of a dropped pick, and the biggest BS play in sports history. What was fluky about Justin Tuck, Osi, Umeyiora or Michael Strahan? I think playing the if game is pointless. If the Giants never fumble in the red zone in the first half then what? You can just go in circles playing WHAT IFS"

The Patriots, despite the Giants D-line "kicking the Pats arse" for 4 quarters, were winning the game if you recall. Goober is basically sacked, escapes by some miracle of God (and two of his O-linemen mugging Patriot defenders to allow it to happen) and heaves up a prayer that gets caught by a guy who couldn't catch a effin cold all season long.

IF Goober had gotten sacked on that play, it's fourth and half a mile; even if he doesn't get sacked, it's still fourth down.

And you are right; it was the biggest effin BS play in sports history. The one and done by the #1 seed Giants last week confirms it.

b/c there was nothing fluky about the giants d-line kicking the pats arse for 4 quarters, even after the tyree catch the Giants still had to convert a 3rd down coversion to steve smith and still had to take the lead with a TD. The tyree catch didnt determine the game alone. You cant discredit a full game of strong football b/c of a dropped pick, and the biggest BS play in sports history. What was fluky about Justin Tuck, Osi, Umeyiora or Michael Strahan? I think playing the if game is pointless. If the Giants never fumble in the red zone in the first half then what? You can just go in circles playing WHAT IFS

I thought the giants D played great. However, the pats D only allowed 3 points through 3 quarters. The pats offense still managed to rack up some yards against the giants D that game. I also think the giants D played great in large part to brady's ankle injury. Brady is one of the best, if not the best, qbs at avoiding pass rushes and buying an extra second or two to get the ball off. In the final game of the 2007 regular season against the giants, the giants put enormous pressure on brady but brady was able to get the ball off. the giants defensive game plan was essentially the same in the SB but brady had no mobility outside the pocket.

"b/c there was nothing fluky about the giants d-line kicking the pats arse for 4 quarters, even after the tyree catch the Giants still had to convert a 3rd down coversion to steve smith and still had to take the lead with a TD. The tyree catch didnt determine the game alone. You cant discredit a full game of strong football b/c of a dropped pick, and the biggest BS play in sports history. What was fluky about Justin Tuck, Osi, Umeyiora or Michael Strahan? I think playing the if game is pointless. If the Giants never fumble in the red zone in the first half then what? You can just go in circles playing WHAT IFS"

The Patriots, despite the Giants D-line "kicking the Pats arse" for 4 quarters, were winning the game if you recall. Goober is basically sacked, escapes by some miracle of God (and two of his O-linemen mugging Patriot defenders to allow it to happen) and heaves up a prayer that gets caught by a guy who couldn't catch a effin cold all season long.

IF Goober had gotten sacked on that play, it's fourth and half a mile; even if he doesn't get sacked, it's still fourth down.

And you are right; it was the biggest effin BS play in sports history. The one and done by the #1 seed Giants last week confirms it.
Its really quite simple, the Tyree catch was not a TD which means the Pats have several opportunities to end the game with a defensive stop. Last years Giants team and this years teams are several key players apart from one another. Add Plax, Strahan and Osi to this years team and theres no way the Eagles win IMO

Last edited:
Its really quite simple, the Tyree catch was not a TD which means the Pats have several opportunities to end the game with a defensive stop. Last years Giants team and this years teams are several key players apart from one another. Add Plax, Strahan and Osi to this years team and theres no way the Eagles win IMO

first of all, you can throw the strahan argument out the window since it was him who retired on his own. the same can be said for plax. he was the one who shot himself. third, i don't feel sorry for the giants because we had sammy morris and rosevelt colvin missing for most of last season including the SB. that meant a weakened running game and no pass rush. on top of that, brady had the high ankle sprain. no one shed a tear for us.

and the game was basically over when tryee made that catch. only an idiot qb couldn't get the team in the end zone at that point.

Last edited:
"only an idiot qb couldn't get the team in the end zone at that point."

Not true, as Manning DID get the team into the end zone, therefore your idiot theory does not apply.........

first of all, you can throw the strahan argument out the window since it was him who retired on his own. the same can be said for plax. he was the one who shot himself. third, i don't feel sorry for the giants because we had sammy morris and rosevelt colvin missing for most of last season including the SB. that meant a weakened running game and no pass rush. on top of that, brady had the high ankle sprain. no one shed a tear for us.

and the game was basically over when tryee made that catch. only an idiot qb couldn't get the team in the end zone at that point.

You said that the Giant team that lost to Philly and the one which beat the Oats were the same team which is indeed not true. I named you three key guys missing. The same way this years Pats team and last years team was nto the same b/c of Brady being hurt

Eli Manning looks like a pre pubecent girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back