PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did you become a Patriot Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born in '71. Legitimate interest in the Pats in the late 70s early 80s. Steve Nelson was the guest speaker at my league's pop warner banquet in '81. Early idols were Nelly, Grogan, Hannah, Hasselbeck, and Morgan.

1985-86 season. My family just imigrated to the US and fell in love with the PATS.

during the Babe Parelli to Gino Capeletti years...man I'm *old*!

I became a Pats fan when Bob Kraft bought the team & immediately brought in a proven winner in Bill Parcels. I knew from that point they were serious about winning.

1994- My dad took me to my first game, it was against the Jets, and I was 10 years old.

Late seventies when the team was led by Steve Grogan running bootlegs for touchdowns. Ran for close to 600 yards one of those years, which back then in the age of pocket quarterbacks was amazing. Whew it was rough being a pats fan in those days.

Born and raised in Mass.. Been a Patriots fan my whole life, alone with the Green, Sox and Bruins. :rocker: :D

Born in 65, I remember my Dad driving me past the "new" stadium in Foxboro when it was being built and by the mid-70's I remember being mad that the Pats were never on TV (due to the blackout rule I later learned). Of course in the early 70's the number one team around here was the Big Bad Bruins (first sports poster I ever had was Bobby Orr flying through the air after winning the cup). And while the 1975 World Series was a big disappointment, my first real memory of total fan frustration was when Ken Dyrden shut down the Bruins and prevented them from winning the cup in 70-71 (yes, I was 6 years old). Basically I've been a life long fan of all four prefessional sports teams from Boston (plus all Boston College sports), hell I even went to a Boston Breakers USFL game at the old BU Field, the Breakers won on a Hail Mary pass at the end!

For a hint, see my screen name.

Season Opener. At Foxboro. 1974. Pats 34--Defending SB Champion Fins 24.

Let me speak bluntly...

Man you guys are old. I mean, you ain't young....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back