PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whats the word on Jamie Collins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A right knee sprain is better than an ligament fully torn.. It's likely that Jones will be able to play at near full capacity with just a brace on it..
We'll see after MRI. Hampered at best, out at worst. Hightower been battling sprain for weeks. Mixed results but clearly hobbled.

They should all be fine with the 2 wks of rest before SB 50...

:rolleyes:

Also need Hightower (knee) back as next opponent will be running the ball and Hightower has been good against the run....

(now if only we can get our run game going...)
yeah we absolutely need him. he did come back in the game, though. seems like he was ok

we need jones next week our pass rush sucked without him

got to get to forehead

Phil Perry ‏@PhilAPerry 8m8 minutes ago
Jamie Collins made a brief appearance inside the Patriots locker room during today's media availability period. Left KC game w/back injury.

Usually a positive sign.

Geez, Phil, can you bless the masses with some more info than that?

Did he make his appearance on a stretcher or was he doing jumping jacks?

Collins Has Strained Oblique

They weren't rushing Smith. They were containing him. Almost everyone here knows that.

Yep and even with the contained rush they were getting pressure.

Strained oblique for Collins

Anyone know of another player having this injury and how they played through it? How limiting is it?

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 4h4 hours ago
I'm told Jamie Collins felt a twinge in his back when he hit the ground making tackle. In some pain, but says right now he plans to play Sun

Collins is bothered most when he turns side to side, but pain isn't overly bad I'm told.

Obviously there are more tests to do on Collins and those will tell the story, but he's telling people he plans to play Sunday.
Kind of unrelated to This but in general does loyko actually have legit sources? I thought he was kind of a guy who did the draft stuff as a hobby. Also his arrogance is insufferable on Twitter most of the time.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
I was actually going to start a thread on Dr. Chao, glad you posted instead. I have nothing against a doctor making educated guesses about injuries. I looked him up this morning, as a matter of fact.

My only point was him picking up on Breer's misinformation, which was quoted all over the net. Chao know Brady never had a "high" ankle sprain. He also knows he'll get tons of hits if he implies Brady might miss a playoff game, so he went with it. More drama, more hits.

Chao's medical career is in doubt, so he spends a ton of time on twitter trying to hype up some sort of future show biz career, more power to him.

Except, as many have pointed out, Dr.Chao never once came close to implying that Brady would miss any time, so I fail to see your point on adding more drama.

As a matter of fact, he did the exact opposite, pointing out that Brady would be fine for the postseason, and that we should all calm down and relax about the injury.

Your implication that he somehow "ran" with Breer's misinformation is not correct. That did not happen. Your problem with Chao is that he didn't question or combat the media report that Brady had a high ankle sprain, only that he issued a comforting tweet reminding everyone that "not all HAS are serious." I find nothing wrong with that, but to each his own.

Last edited:
Kind of unrelated to This but in general does loyko actually have legit sources? I thought he was kind of a guy who did the draft stuff as a hobby. Also his arrogance is insufferable on Twitter most of the time.

It's obnoxious. I had to unfollow him. Not only for that, but all the other random crap he tweets about lol.

My sense from a few of these "Draft Twitter" guys is that a surprising number of connections are made in a bar at an event like the Senior Bowl. If you can exchange numbers with some team scout there, then you've got a "source." It's not like when Howe framed half his article as coming from an anonymous team source before suddenly mentioning Caserio or when Florio broke Tannehill and Hightower's fifth year options being picked up at the same time (they share an agent), but I also don't think most of these guys on Twitter are making things up.

It's obnoxious. I had to unfollow him. Not only for that, but all the other random crap he tweets about lol.

It's amazing that the pats, celts, Bruins or sox haven't picked him up to work in their front offices since he is such a genius in every major sport.

My sense from a few of these "Draft Twitter" guys is that a surprising number of connections are made in a bar at an event like the Senior Bowl. If you can exchange numbers with some team scout there, then you've got a "source." It's not like when Howe framed half his article as coming from an anonymous team source before suddenly mentioning Caserio or when Florio broke Tannehill and Hightower's fifth year options being picked up at the same time (they share an agent), but I also don't think most of these guys on Twitter are making things up.
That makes sense, yeah I doubt people would be so insane to actually just make stuff up like that I just wondered how guys like that got their "sources".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST