PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whats the word on Jamie Collins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't on the field when we played Denver in November.

He'll be ready to go on sunday. That horseshoe Denver has planted up their ass will be gone by Sunday.

Like the great Brock lesnar said its time to take that son b**** out, and beat them over the head with it.

Both teams have had horseshoes planted in their asses this year. How many consecutive weeks has PIT gone against a backup QB now? I read that it was 9 games straight.

No team Supa, with the exception of maybe Seattle has been luckier than the Donkeys.

Yea, Pittsburgh been lucky with these backups, but the rapist is limpy, no Brown, they lost Bell for the season and his backup out again. Everything falling in place for Denver..

Which usually means Peyton gonna find a way to choke.

No team Supa, with the exception of maybe Seattle has been luckier than the Donkeys.

Yea, Pittsburgh been lucky with these backups, but the rapist is limpy, no Brown, they lost Bell for the season and his backup out again. Everything falling in place for Denver..

Which usually means Peyton gonna find a way to choke.

Could you even imagine?

image.jpeg

I think SEA has actually improved in some areas, particularly on offense, where they've really opened things up more than ever.

On defense, they led the NFL in scoring defense/points allowed at 17.2 PPG. That's now the 4th year in a row for them. Last time a team had even 3 yrs in a row were the late 60s Vikings.

I agree that they've had some luck as well, but out of the 3 NFC teams, I'd probably want to play them the least. I think they'd be pumped for a rematch and a chance to erase those memories from last year.

I think SEA has actually improved in some areas, particularly on offense, where they've really opened things up more than ever.

On defense, they led the NFL in scoring defense/points allowed at 17.2 PPG. That's now the 4th year in a row for them. Last time a team had even 3 yrs in a row were the late 60s Vikings.

I agree that they've had some luck as well, but out of the 3 NFC teams, I'd probably want to play them the least. I think they'd be pumped for a rematch and a chance to erase those memories from last year.

Yes. And they've been on fire without Lynch and Graham.. And Lynch is back supposedly. Their O-Line killed them at the beginning of the year but now are giving Wilson enough times to make plays. They got Chancellor back after the holdout, they got rid of Cary Williams (who is garbage). Shead has stepped up big time in the secondary. Lane came back from his Super Bowl injury. And most of all outside of their back up RB Rawls and Graham (who can't block anyways) they are a healthy (minus Bennett's toe) and solid team once again. They are the last team I want to play in the Super Bowl, however, beating them twice in a row would be awesome.

Yes. And they've been on fire without Lynch and Graham.. And Lynch is back supposedly. Their O-Line killed them at the beginning of the year but now are giving Wilson enough times to make plays. They got Chancellor back after the holdout, they got rid of Cary Williams (who is garbage). Shead has stepped up big time in the secondary. Lane came back from his Super Bowl injury. And most of all outside of their back up RB Rawls and Graham (who can't block anyways) they are a healthy (minus Bennett's toe) and solid team once again. They are the last team I want to play in the Super Bowl, however, beating them twice in a row would be awesome.
I think SEA wins today.

Chandler Jones left with a leg injury as well...

I do think we could survive either AFC opponent without him, considering how our offense is playing.

But Come SB we will have to have him if we are there.
Would be icing on cake if he plays next week, esp if its against the Broncos. When we played earlier in the season against them Amendola, Edelman and Collins all missed the game, and Hightower got hurt in middle of it.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 4h4 hours ago
I'm told Jamie Collins felt a twinge in his back when he hit the ground making tackle. In some pain, but says right now he plans to play Sun

Collins is bothered most when he turns side to side, but pain isn't overly bad I'm told.

Obviously there are more tests to do on Collins and those will tell the story, but he's telling people he plans to play Sunday.

OT. I follow him on twitter but really who is Mike Loyko? Hes got some good sources on the team, and he was the only one to nail the Collins illness, and when he'd be back.

Back injuries are tricky and could go either way. Technically he has one extra day for treatment, etc. since we played Saturday. Praying for a full recovery as well as Chandler Jones.

OT. I follow him on twitter but really who is Mike Loyko? Hes got some good sources on the team, and he was the only one to nail the Collins illness, and when he'd be back.
I dont think the has press credentials but he seems to score some pretty good intel.

We should all chip in for a nice massage that includes a happy ending for Collins. I'm sure that will do the trick.

(Yeah, yeah, I know, RayClay.......)

Sounds like good news:

David J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc
#JamieCollins back injury appears muscular (likely oblique), not structural or nerve. Return based on pain/function. https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko/status/688553173498359808…

I was actually going to start a thread on Dr. Chao, glad you posted instead. I have nothing against a doctor making educated guesses about injuries. I looked him up this morning, as a matter of fact.

My only point was him picking up on Breer's misinformation, which was quoted all over the net. Chao know Brady never had a "high" ankle sprain. He also knows he'll get tons of hits if he implies Brady might miss a playoff game, so he went with it. More drama, more hits.

Chao's medical career is in doubt, so he spends a ton of time on twitter trying to hype up some sort of future show biz career, more power to him.

I'm surprise Maclin played at all after only a week, but we see how long that lasted.

Sounds like Collins will play next week even if he's got some pain... Hopefully they can give him some painkiller to keep him going. Win that game and then he has two weeks to rest it until the Super Bowl. He knows there's only two games to glory left, he's gotta do all he can and give it everything he's got. He's no Talib.

Hightower came back out which is great because I think he's equally as important as Collins to the defense... if not more. Hightower is the captain in the middle and the playmaker in the run game, and Collins is kind of the athletic "wild card" out there...

Jones, I don't know. I've heard some good things and bad things. They have the depth to account for his absence but I would much rather have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results