PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the deal, TV-wise, with the games tomorrow PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
One of them is at 7 EST and one is at 10:15 EST. Are they both televised nationally or is one on NFL Network (except local, I assume)?

Last edited:
They're both on ESPN. Another 6 hours of NFL tomorrow (west coast RULES) :)

ESPN's deal calls for one Monday Night game a week. But last year the NFL decided it was a bad idea to finish the season on a Monday, so they gave ESPN two games the first week of the season instead. That's why they are both on ESPN.

Last edited:
I thought it went back to 2005 when in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the Saints had to move their opening game against the Giants to the Meadowlands but the Jets had a home game that Sunday. It forced them to move the Saints-Giants game to Monday night when there was a game already booked so they started the Saints game at 7:00 and kept the regular game at 9:00pm, They had two games going on simultaneously for an hour and depending on what market you were in, whih game you saw.
I remember because I watched the Saints game on a 3 inch battery-powered black and white TV in Gulfport, MS and eith no power may have been one of the few watching it,

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes