PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What WR's will be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zippo59 said:
After all of the things you just said why would the Pats want him?

They wouldn't.

IF HE GETS CUT - The only reason Rogers won't play here is because another team will offer him more dough, not because the Pats won't even make contact. If Rogers gets the I-want-to-play-for-a-winner bug after watching the Lions stink, he just might sign here though I still figure someone else waves too much money for him to resist.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
IF HE GETS CUT - The only reason Rogers won't play here is because another team will offer him more dough, not because the Pats won't even make contact. If Rogers gets the I-want-to-play-for-a-winner bug after watching the Lions stink, he just might sign here though I still figure someone else waves too much money for him to resist.

So the only reason a guy whose NFL production has been minimal, who has been injury prone, who has had drug issues, who was benched when healthy because of his lack of work ethic, and who reacted to the benching with a Bethel Johnson like "I can't do any more than I am" won't be signed by the Patriots is because we will want him terribly but get outbid? There is no chance the Pats decide he is too much trouble off the field or not good enough on the field to take a shot on?

BelichickFan said:
I'd like to take a shot at Rogers, even better I would try to trade Branch to Detroit for Mike Williams and their #2 pick - Branch and Roy Williams could be a sick pair in Martz' offense in a dome.

If we traded a six pack of warm beer to the Lions for Mike Williams I would vomit in my mouth let alone an actual living, breathing human being.

Last edited:
Ok that's a fine list of retreads there... but please no to Rogers. This guy has drug problems and doesn't play even when healthy. Sounds like Sullivan part II. No thanks we already have a reclamation project on the roster.

I'm far from a huge Rogers pimp, but lets not forget at one point Chris Carter & Irving Fryer were headcase castoffs. Sometimes kids just need time to grow up.

I still think Mike Williams will be a player. He was a beast at USC, I saw a lot of him. Yeah, he has attitude problems coming into the league, no doubt exacerbated by Mooch's laissiz-faire (ick, sp) coaching style, but there is no questioning his physical talents. That said, no way the Lions cut bait on him so quickly.

tombonneau said:
I'm far from a huge Rogers pimp, but lets not forget at one point Chris Carter & Irving Fryer were headcase castoffs. Sometimes kids just need time to grow up.

I still think Mike Williams will be a player. He was a beast at USC, I saw a lot of him. Yeah, he has attitude problems coming into the league, no doubt exacerbated by Mooch's laissiz-faire (ick, sp) coaching style, but there is no questioning his physical talents. That said, no way the Lions cut bait on him so quickly.

I bet we could trade the lions a 4th or 5th for williams, I mean look at the extra picks we're going to get from trades and compensation for our lost FAs

SeanBruschi54 said:
I have it on 4 very good Steelers insiders that Morey is the odd man out this year. Unless he can fix what they've been telling him to fix he will be the cut.
Well I'm glad you have it on 4 bolded sources. It's honestly anyone's guess. I just don't see them getting rid of their special teams captain when they are already deep at WR. But the main point is that if the Pats are looking for FA WRs, Morey isn't the answer. He's not even really a receiver. I think you can count all the catches he's had in the regular season on one hand.

And for the poster that said K. Johnson is much better than Morgan, wasn't K. Johnso the guy that got released by the Browns midseason? Combine that with little production and you're saying you want that on your team?

Real World said:
My question is, who is, or will be available for us at WR? Is anyone of note going to be cut?

Two words:

T.O.

pats1 said:
Three words:

N.F.A.

:D
I hate to get all technical and all but those are three letters. :D

We wouldn't bother with T.O. of course, but he is certainly a name who could be cut, lest his non-practicing butt still be on the roster and his salary guaranteed

If people are expecting WR depth to be available, keep in mind that this year the final cuts are later than ever before, and the best players/last players cut won't be available until September 2nd.

I think BB will still be active but that means that those players are going to need time to adjust to a new system and won't be ready to step in immediately

huskeralk said:
I hate to get all technical and all but those are three letters. :D

Go try telling Corey that. :D

pats1 said:
Believe me, once Chad Jackson gets back out there and can't start showing off what got him drafted, you'll feel more comfortable with the WR situation.

Bite your tongue. :rofl:

Last edited:
Even if TO got cut BB wouldn't sign that bum. This would be the second year in a row he was a team disruption. He's not a Patriot kind of guy even if he is talented.

How long did it take to run Glenn out of town although "she" has been very productive when not pissing and moaning?

Anyways why would you give a 4th round for Mike Williams when rumor has it he is going to get cut anyways? I'd rather wait till cuts are made and see what falls out of the apple tree.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to trade for a solid starter WR. But do you see any team jumping out of excitement to help the Pats to Ring #4?? Me either.

Kevin Johnson:

2005:
• Left the game at Cleveland (10/23) early due to a torn Achilles tendon.

He's been a productive starter when healthy. Butch Davis cut him because he fell for the mantra of taller WRs, and Butch Davis was not too smart. He started Andre Davis instead. He cut his most productive starter to start a myth.

Quincy Morgan doesn't have much WR talent. He just wanders around until a DB makes a mistake, and then some announcer marvels about his physical gifts.

Johnny Z said:
Kevin Johnson:

2005:
• Left the game at Cleveland (10/23) early due to a torn Achilles tendon.

He's been a productive starter when healthy. Butch Davis cut him because he fell for the mantra of taller WRs, and Butch Davis was not too smart. He started Andre Davis instead. He cut his most productive starter to start a myth.

Quincy Morgan doesn't have much WR talent. He just wanders around until a DB makes a mistake, and then some announcer marvels about his physical gifts.

I love KJ (go Orange!) but last I read earlier in preseason, his injury was so bad, he sounded like he was foreshadowing retirement. His quotes didn't sound like a guy who felt he would be coming back for 06.

I would guess David Patten if anyone because it's too late to bring in a WR who has never played with Brady. Jackson is also going to need a lot of rep's once he comes back.

SeanBruschi54 said:
I have it on 4 very good Steelers insiders that Morey is the odd man out this year. Unless he can fix what they've been telling him to fix he will be the cut.
Want a paper towel to wipe the egg off your face? Here's four more for your sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back