PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would your ideal Patriots draft look like? (realistic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't think you do enough for the ILB position. I don't buy that Woodley can make the transition there, unless its only to be a 2 down run-stopping LB. Desmond Bishop hasn't wowed me at all. Neither has Walter Thomas for that matter. Also, Thomas did NOT run a 4.9 at 365 lbs. He ran a 5.1 and he was at 370 lbs. That being said, he'd probably run a 4.8-4.9 at 350 lbs. Getting him there is the problem.

Cousin, I agree with you, Some of my pics bother me too but I tried to be realistic. ILB is a challenge this year after Willis. I love the game of Buster Davis (he was the best ILB I saw this year of anybody) but he's just too short.
Here's one. I think Stewart Bradley can be a ILB. He's a third round type guy. Will he last until the end of 4? Waters does not impress me and he seems by the account of all media and experts, to not have tackling ability. Boy that helps! He was also hurt. Strike 2 and he was not a Wonderlick Warrior, Strike 3. In other words he might not be that smart, but he can't tackle either.

Taylor from UG has been mentioned as a sleeper, but he's a little small fro an NE ILB. Like Abbate for intangibles but he seems like a Larry Izzo type and size. Siler has the size and could be a steal. He should have stayed in school one more year and he is rated as of today lower than D'Ossie. Like Zac but I don't know. He prefers OLB. Zalewski from Wisc.?

Would like Harris after Willis but who do you drop off the top side. We need a corner and a safety IMO.

Now I have one. Would you take Poz and use him in the middle? I would take him at 28 over Griffin and grab another safety later.

I think Thomas at an "extra petite" 350 helps the Pats by giving Vince some plays off. You need a taxi cab to get around this guy if he just falls down. What center in the league can power him....none if he is at all half-way decent and at 5.1 in the 40 it ain't slow for 365.

DW Toys

:p Yeah, barring strange developments, I hate the 2007 draft altogether. There's a very good chance that NOBODY will look worthwhile at 24 or 28. If I can't have...

Revis
Willis
Hall
Carriker
Nelson
Staley
Meachem

...I'll pretty much feel like taking my ball and going home.

To me, it seems like a good year for day two project picks. Waters, Robison, Soliai, and some of the Olineman like the tackle for Texas Tech (whose name excapes me). Unfortunately, we don't seem to have a lot of roster space for developmental projects (unless we dump everybody currently in that program).

Cousin,
I have thought about this. I agree, but then again what did the Cowboys or Dolphins or Steelers do in their heyday. I guess you have a couple of directions. Move up a high as you can with your non-comp pics?
I personally think I would trade some choices to pick up Briggs who by the way, can play ILB AND who would gladly join the Pats to start at ILB. Just dream of that rotation! CB we don't need no stinkin CB's with those dudes rushing the QB!
My other Cousins on their thread here say....blaspheme! They really hurt your feelings sometime and they always seem to know more than you do....or is it just me. I wish I had their knowledge. If they knew where I lived they would egg my house.
Or I guess you could package up some pics for 2008. But I think these picks supplant the roster.See below.

O.K. let's begin:

#28 Michael Griffen S-Texas. Starts with Rodney day one. Artrell or Andrews would be out. Trade Wilson is an option although he might be a CB in 07.

#39 Marcus McCauley CB -Fresno St. Starts as #2 CB with Hobbs as nickel. Or if Assante Goes he's number 2 after Hobbs and Wilson or Young play nickel. Jacksons not ready (PUP?), Scot is replaceable and who knows on Assante.

#44 Lamarr Woodley DE/LB-Michigan. In the OLB rotation taking the place of Mays or more than likely Woods, his Michigan teamate on the roster.

#91 Sabby Piscatelli SS-Oregon St. See the Griffen explanation. He would move up in front of Sanders and be back up to Harrison in my book but some Thread experts will tell you.....Oh No! Sanders must have dirty pictures on those guys. He is third string material. Dexter Reid quality type dude.

#127 Chris Henry RB- We dropped Patrick Pass and picked up Morris. We dropped Dillion and pick up....Henry?

#171 Courtney Taylor WR-Auburn. Insurance for 2008 with size. If Brown retires and Jackson goes pup, and if he plays better in camp than Kelvin or Bam he is the sixth WR.

#180- Chris Denman OT-Fresno St. We should think about trading O'Callahan or Kaczur and he would be an upgrade I believe, thats if you consider a trade coming back through. He's probably not better or worse than them, but we can get something for one of the others..

#202-Joe Newton TE -Oregon St. -Perhaps Mills. Perhaps he can beat out K. Brady? Then again, Watson usually misses some games.

#208-Desmond Bishop MLB. See Woodley, then include Aleaxander as a possible drop.

#209-Yusama Young-CB. If Gay and Assante go, this kid could be in the rotation. Better option than Scott and Jackson if he's PUP.

#247-Walter Thomas-NT Takes Marquis Hills place or Santonio Thomas or Smith could be a gonners. Places behind Vince at NT for a few series per game. Could be the next Pat Thomas, (or Smith type)

Alternate #7 OR FA-Jared Z. QB-Boise St.Camp arm and takes Vinnies place if he shows anything.

DW Toys

Quit talking out of your ass. He played weakside linebacker in the tampa 2. Thats the least phyical LB spot to play. Inside linebacker in the 3-4 is probably the most physical. He has already says that he will not play in a 3-4defense countless times and dont we already have one headace around here?

He had an injury that kept him from participating in the combine, verdad? Since he's unlikely to win a roster spot in August, I don't think it would be a stretch to PUP him due to a lingering condition.
Any details on this calamity? I don't mind a UDFA contract and PUP/Non Football Injury project like Mruczkowski.

Quit talking out of your ass. He played weakside linebacker in the tampa 2. Thats the least phyical LB spot to play. Inside linebacker in the 3-4 is probably the most physical. He has already says that he will not play in a 3-4defense countless times and dont we already have one headace around here?

I respect your opinion that I am talking out of my rectum Cousin, but as I see by your reaction, your knowledge is quite plentiful. So please consider it is quite obvious that I do not have the understanding or the same knowledge of the game as you do. Remember, it's like I am in first grade and you are a PHD. Although I am quite sure if we did something with him you might relish the acquisition if there was somehow or someway that Pees could make a fit with that lad.

I am so sorry if I aggravated you this evening sir. It was just kind of a whim idea.

Best Regards,
DW Toys

"Lighten Up Francis"-Sgt. Hulka-Stripes

Any details on this calamity? I don't mind a UDFA contract and PUP/Non Football Injury project like Mruczkowski.

Actually, I was getting him confused with the other Sun Devil, Carnahan. Oops. Here's Caldwell's ASU bio:

ASU CAREER: Four-year contributor who battled injuries early in his career...appeared in 46 games with 33 starts at ASU...missed only three games during his career despite nagging injuries...totaled 90 tackles (56 solo), 17 tackles-for-loss and 10.5 sacks...appeared in the 2007 Hula Bowl All-Star Game...began and ended his Sun Devil career impressively, earning Pac-10 All-Freshman honors in 2003 and Honorable Mention All-Pac-10 recognition in 2006.

2006: Started all 13 games at defensive end...earned Honorable Mention All-Pac-10 recognition...was honored as ASU's Most Outstanding Defensive Lineman of the Year at the team's year-end banquet.. recorded a career-high 29 total tackles (19 solo), as well as four tackles-for loss and 1.5 sacks...posted a career-high and team-leading six total tackles (three solo) and a four-yard tackle-for-loss against Stanford on Oct. 21...tied career-bests with four solo tackles and two tackles-for-loss at Oregon State on Nov. 4...recorded four solo tackles and a seven-yard sack of Lumberjack quarterback Jason Murrietta against Northern Arizona on Aug. 31...tallied three solo tackles against Nevada on Sept. 9...registered three total tackles and assisted in a two-yard sack of quarterback Bernard Jackson at Colorado on Sept. 16...recovered a fumble at No. 21 California on Sept. 23...contributed a pair of tackles against No. 12 Oregon on Sept. 30...recorded four total tackles (two solo) against UCLA on Nov. 18...earned preseason Second-Team All-Pac-10 honors by Phil Steele.

24- trade for mid 2nd and 3rd, plus 2nd 2008
28. meriweather
rd 2 trade pick. bradley/mcCauley
rd 3 trade pick. jonathan wade/aundrae allison
rd 3. josh gattis (as a SS, not FS)/courtney taylor
rd 4. desmond bishop

w/e sleeper picks you like w/ our late rds...

When did you watch Walter Thomas? The Texas vs The Nation game (where he was dominant at times) or did you watch his JUCO games?

Also, Walter Thomas has run a 4.8/4.9 - 40 time.

Seb - Thomas did NOT run it at the Mississippi State Pro-Day. He ran a 5.1. Those are the times that matter. As I SAID, Thomas could probably run a 4.8-4.9 at 350 lbs. But he hasn't done it at 370. Which is the weight he was at for the Mississippi State Pro-Day.

Seb - Thomas did NOT run it at the Mississippi State Pro-Day. He ran a 5.1. Those are the times that matter. As I SAID, Thomas could probably run a 4.8-4.9 at 350 lbs. But he hasn't done it at 370. Which is the weight he was at for the Mississippi State Pro-Day.

You said "probably" I was just pointing out that he has.

The second part of that question had to do with your saying something about his not impressing you at all, well when did you watch him play? His JUCO games, or the Texas vs The Nation game?

Last edited:
You said "probably" I was just pointing out that he has.

The second part of that question had to do with your saying something about his not impressing you at all, well when did you watch him play? His JUCO games, or the Texas vs The Nation game?

And Ted Ginn supposedly ran under 4.2 at some point. Give me a frigging break. There are bogus reports about what players ran floating around all the time.

As for your other question, it doesn't matter. I am entitled to my opinion. If you don't like it. Tough. The problem is with you.

Last edited:
And Ted Ginn supposedly ran under 4.2 at some point. Give me a frigging break. There are bogus reports about what players ran floating around all the time.

As for your other question, it doesn't matter.

So you don't have an answer?

I didn't say you couldn't like the guy, but at least explain why he hasn't impressed you, at all?

Last edited:
24 Robert Meachem WR

Trade 28 & 127 to Atlanta for 39 & 75

39 Eric Weddle S

Trade 75 & 91 to Philly for 57

57 David Harris LB

171 David Sepulveda P

180 CJ Gaddis CB

202 Chris Denman OT

208 Terry Cauley RB

209 Rodney Hannah TE

247 Zach Taylor QB

So you don't have an answer?

I didn't say you couldn't like the guy, but at least explain why he hasn't impressed you, at all?

I don't havve to explain anything to you. Especially when I have done so in a previous thread and you summarily dismissed it. Fact is that the kid has a giant red flag on him. He got booted off the OSU squad and instead of getting himself to the point of being academically eligible again, he took the easy way out and went to a Community College where he played in a whopping 2 games.

He was never a starter at OSU. He was a back-up.

So, he lacks experience and he lacks fortitude from where I stand.

If that's not enough for you, oh well. The problem is still YOURS.

24 Robert Meachem WR

39 Eric Weddle S

57 David Harris LB

171 David Sepulveda P

180 CJ Gaddis CB

202 Chris Denman OT

208 Terry Cauley RB

209 Rodney Hannah TE

247 Zach Taylor QB

Rodney Hannah? He sure sounds like a Patriot.

I was gonna edit my comments in later because I was running out the door when I made that post, but the edit function is missing. Anyway Hannah could be a late round sleeper at TE or OT. I don't know if there's any relation to John, but I'll look into it. lol

Last edited:
ideal 1st round picks for me

24 Houston CB
28 Meriwether or Griffin S

I don't havve to explain anything to you. Especially when I have done so in a previous thread and you summarily dismissed it. Fact is that the kid has a giant red flag on him. He got booted off the OSU squad and instead of getting himself to the point of being academically eligible again, he took the easy way out and went to a Community College where he played in a whopping 2 games.

He was never a starter at OSU. He was a back-up.

So, he lacks experience and he lacks fortitude from where I stand.

If that's not enough for you, oh well. The problem is still YOURS.

Since you talked about him not impressing you "at all", I thought maybe you had actually watched him play. Everyone has their own opinion's of players, I just wanted to fully understand your comments. I knew about the red flag (his transfer) but I thought you had some other reason, and you did. See this time you said he was a backup at OSU, but you didn't say that before, and didn't say anything about his only starting 2 games. If someone ask you a question like that you shouldn't get all hot under the collar.

Also, we're talking about a 6th-7th rounder here.

24 Robert Meachem WR

39 Eric Weddle S

57 David Harris LB

171 David Sepulveda P

The odds of this happening are essentially zero. Solve the "problem" of no second rounders by getting two seconds and NO thirds, fourths, OR fifths? :confused:

The odds of this happening are essentially zero. Solve the "problem" of no second rounders by getting two seconds and NO thirds, fourths, OR fifths? :confused:

I think you have to trust that SOME players will come to you rather than trading up and reaching for guys like Weddle.

He reminds me of Mike Haas, a little bit. People wanted to trade up to get him.

my draft....

1st rounders (possible)
REvis
Griffin
Poz (late)

2nd rounders
Griffin
Meriweather
Harris

3rd
Stewart Bradley

4th
AJ Davis
Gattis
Quincy Black

5th
CJ Gaddis

With four second day comp picks, why not? The best value is in the second round, so I'll make those trades. The danger is falling asleep between picks. We've all said that there's no room for ten players. To me, it makes more sense getting rid of 3s, 4s, and 5s, than getting rid of the additional #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back