PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was Maroney yelling out to the fans after the TD run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its not. Its very easy to show he's been consistently wrong about Maroney. Particularly when he cherry picks stats.

Last year, I did a comparison between Maroney and Morris, excluding the games where they went against the bottom defenses. And they came out almost identical in stats.

PA and most other Maroney Bashers have unrealistic expectations. And because Maroney doesn't meet those expectations, they think he sucks. They've proven time and again, they are clueless as to the type of runner Maroney is.

Hell, even MG pointed out that when you give the ball to Maroney 20+ times, he has good games. Which is the way it should be. People sit there and bash Maroney for not putting up 5 and 6 YPC consistently, but they ignore that the O-line hasn't been able to run block consistently since Maroney got here. Yet, when its mentioned, people like PA just want to IGNORE it and deflect it by throwing out names like Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders. Maroney is a GOOD, not great RB. When used consistently, he can get you positive yards. When the O-line is consistent (this does not mean DOMINANT) in their run blocking, Maroney does well. As do the other RBs...

Maroney has never been in the same class as Adrian Peterson and he's not a downhill runner like Brandon Jacobs or Frank Gore. Only when people realize that their expectations are what is flawed will they realize what the Pats have in Maroney.

Prior to yesterday Maroney in his 4 year career has had 2 freaking 20+ carry games - one was 20 carries for 72 yards less than and one was 26 carries for 104 yards

You are really basing your assumption that Maroney does well with 20 or more carries with just 2 games to show this? - WTF?

So based on your 'professional' opinion is that those 2 games prior to yesterdays game equals an average whopping 3.8 YPC if you give the ball to Maroney 20 or more times a game :rolleyes:

I guess what you are saying is that Maroney has been dissed by BB for not giving him more chances to get 20 carries or more - right? - There is a reason why Maroney is not given a chance to get 20 or more carries more often..and that reason is that BB wants to actually win the game in the hands of his franchise.

Last edited:
Ben Jarvus Green Ellis got 9.6 yards a carry yesterday against the Titans.

Now, you can either say 1 of 3 things.

1. Make the excuses people just listed for Maroney, but that will defeat you defending Maroney.

2. Admit Maroney is not as good as you think.

3. Admit BJGE ACTUALLY has some talent.

YPC for a single game on limited carries is hardly the be all end all. In fact, considering that BJGE got his carries at the end of the game, I'd expect him to have more yards because the defense was exhausted. Since they''d been on the field some 30 minutes by the time BJGE actually got on the field.

BJGE is the 5th string RB. He's behind Maroney, Taylor, Faulk, and Morris. He's not very talented, in all honesty. What he is, though, is a hard worker. Someone who gives it his all when he's on the field. Reality though, is that he's a JAG. And he proved that last year when he couldn''t run against the RAMS of all teams..

Maroney is a GOOD RB. Not a great one. A good one. He's a cut back runner, not a down hill runner. He and BJGE have different running styles.

People forget that BJGE has either been riding the bench or not getting carries when he's been active. THAT should tell you something. All this man love for him and acting like he's GREAT is just silly when you look at what the coaches think. And its clear they don't think he more than an emergency RB.

Can you find 10 or more games that Maroney has played against good defenses?

As for 100 yard games, Maroney had 6 prior to yesterday's game. And he's not played 4 years. You sit there and claim others are talking out their ass, yet you spew that garbage. This is Maroney's 4th year. That means he's only played 3 years prior. And of those, he missed all but 3 games last year because, during the 2nd game, his clavicle was broken while he was running hard. He's played a grand total of a bit more than 2 seasons in reality.

You want people to look at things in a vacuum. You spew about how Maroney hasn't done well against "good teams" yet you don't specify what qualifies as a "good team".

A good team is a team that not only has a good record at the time of the meeting but also a respectable run defense to compare Maroney's performance against,Lets stop the crap about how good the Titans run defense was - they were WINLESS in 5 games before the game,Thier defense as a whole has struggled and if they had stopped teams they would have won at least one of them,It wasn't the Titans offense that lost all these games for them you know.

YPC for a single game on limited carries is hardly the be all end all. In fact, considering that BJGE got his carries at the end of the game, I'd expect him to have more yards because the defense was exhausted. Since they''d been on the field some 30 minutes by the time BJGE actually got on the field.

BJGE is the 5th string RB. He's behind Maroney, Taylor, Faulk, and Morris. He's not very talented, in all honesty. What he is, though, is a hard worker. Someone who gives it his all when he's on the field. Reality though, is that he's a JAG. And he proved that last year when he couldn''t run against the RAMS of all teams..

Maroney is a GOOD RB. Not a great one. A good one. He's a cut back runner, not a down hill runner. He and BJGE have different running styles.

People forget that BJGE has either been riding the bench or not getting carries when he's been active. THAT should tell you something. All this man love for him and acting like he's GREAT is just silly when you look at what the coaches think. And its clear they don't think he more than an emergency RB.

His senior year his Ole Miss Rebels went 3-9, which is like going 2-14 in the pros. However, he got selected to the All-Sec 1st team.

If his team didn't blow so hard, he probably would have been a 2nd-4th round pick.

I agree.

BJGE is not anywhere near a top-shelf NFL running back. He is trying to work himself into a career as something more than just a scrub.

......and yesterday.....in Maroney's "break out game"......BJGE was 2+ yards per carry better than LoMo.

Sorry, but I don't think LoMo proved anything yesterday against an 0-5 team playing on hockey skates. I hope he DOES in the future. I am rooting for him because he is a good kid and we need him.

Prior to yesterday Maroney in his 4 year career has had 2 freaking 20+ carry games - one was 20 carries for 72 yards less than and one was 26 carries for 104 yards

You are really basing your assumption that Maroney does well with 20 or more carries with just 2 games to show this? - WTF?

No. I base it on the 4 games where he's gotten 20+ carries and the 6 other games where he's gotten 17+ carries.

So based on your 'professional' opinion is that those 2 games prior to yesterdays game equals an average whopping 3.8 YPC if you give the ball to Maroney 20 or more times a game :rolleyes:

In the 4 games where Maroney has 20+ carries, he's averaged 4.52 YPC. Unlike you, I am not so ignorant as to think that play-off games don't count.

In the other 6 games, he's averaged 3.85 YPC.

I guess what you are saying is that Maroney has been dissed by BB for not giving him more chances to get 20 carries or more - right? - There is a reason why Maroney is not given a chance to get 20 or more carries moreoften..and that reason is that BB wants to actually win the gamena din the hands of his franchise.

You and your made up garbage at it again. Why do you insist on making a fool of yourself by downright LYING about what people say? I never said a damn thing about my opinion being "professional". however, you are the arrogant one who started out calling people ignorant and such...

And no where did I say or imply that Maroney is being "dissed" by BB. It's YOU who is disrespecting Maroney with all your garbage.

How the hell do you know what BB's reasoning is? You don't. Nothing like being so arrogant that you ego is bigger than the MetLife Blimp. BTW, when did you becoming clairvoyant and could tell that the Pats would lose the games by giving the ball to Maroney 20+ times? Yeah. That's what I thought. Just more made up arrogant garbage on your part.

You've made you ignorant opinion clear. You hate Maroney and your opinion isn't going to change regardless of how stupid you are. Do everyone a favor and stop posting about it.

I agree.

BJGE is not anywhere near a top-shelf NFL running back. He is trying to work himself into a career as something more than just a scrub.

......and yesterday.....in Maroney's "break out game"......BJGE was 2+ yards per carry better than LoMo.

Sorry, but I don't think LoMo proved anything yesterday against an 0-5 team playing on hockey skates. I hope he DOES in the future. I am rooting for him because he is a good kid and we need him.

I'm of the same mindset. I'm encouraged as he had nowhere to go but up, but for me personally, I do need to see him healthy and productive on a consistient basis. I don't need to see 20+ carries a game as he is not going to get that in this offense. By by running hard with authority, getting 1st downs and breaking a couple of 20+ yd runs every now and then over the rest of the season will restore my faith in him.

No. I base it on the 4 games where he's gotten 20+ carries and the 6 other games where he's gotten 17+ carries.

In the 4 games where Maroney has 20+ carries, he's averaged 4.52 YPC. Unlike you, I am not so ignorant as to think that play-off games don't count.

In the other 6 games, he's averaged 3.85 YPC.

You and your made up garbage at it again. Why do you insist on making a fool of yourself by downright LYING about what people say? I never said a damn thing about my opinion being "professional". however, you are the arrogant one who started out calling people ignorant and such...

And no where did I say or imply that Maroney is being "dissed" by BB. It's YOU who is disrespecting Maroney with all your garbage.

How the hell do you know what BB's reasoning is? You don't. Nothing like being so arrogant that you ego is bigger than the MetLife Blimp. BTW, when did you becoming clairvoyant and could tell that the Pats would lose the games by giving the ball to Maroney 20+ times? Yeah. That's what I thought. Just more made up arrogant garbage on your part.

You've made you ignorant opinion clear. You hate Maroney and your opinion isn't going to change regardless of how stupid you are. Do everyone a favor and stop posting about it.

Dabruinz, would you mind arguing your point without the unnecessary personal flaming? Honestly, it adds nothing to the debate.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I agree.

Yes, lets compare 16 carries to 7 carries and call it the same without bothering to look at reality. Like 5 of 7 of BJGE's carries came at the end of the game after the Titans defense had already been on the field for 25+ minutes of game time. . What was Maroney's YPC after his 1st 7 carries? He had 75 yards on 7 carries. That's a 10.7 YPC.

As I've said, he's a good RB. Not great. Good. People like PA and Patsinthenow have a hard time understanding the difference. Instead, they tout a 5th stringer whose done squat in the league and they pretend like he's god's gift and that BB is being dumb for not playing BJGE over Maroney.

I didn't say that Maroney PROVED anything with yesterday's performance.

Dabruinz, would you mind arguing your point without the unnecessary personal flaming? Honestly, it adds nothing to the debate.

Thank you.

Shmessy, I would mind since I wasn't even the one who started it. Where is the public warning to PA? Or can't you be bothered?

The Titans were so god awful, i'm pretty sure 95% of the backs in this league could have got 100 yards against them yesterday

Yes, lets compare 16 carries to 7 carries and call it the same without bothering to look at reality. Like 5 of 7 of BJGE's carries came at the end of the game after the Titans defense had already been on the field for 25+ minutes of game time. . What was Maroney's YPC after his 1st 7 carries? He had 75 yards on 7 carries. That's a 10.7 YPC.

He was taking handoffs from a HOF QB whom the Titans D had to worry about with Moss and Welker spread out.

BJGE was facing 8 in the box with Brian Hoyer with Sam Aiken.

Last edited:
A good team is a team that not only has a good record at the time of the meeting but also a respectable run defense to compare Maroney's performance against,Lets stop the crap about how good the Titans run defense was - they were WINLESS in 5 games before the game,Thier defense as a whole has struggled and if they had stopped teams they would have won at least one of them,It wasn't the Titans offense that lost all these games for them you know.

Again, no real answer to the question. That is NOT specifying what is a good team and what isn't. Hard numbers.

Who said anything about the Titan defense? I didn't. I've ignored what Maroney did in yesterday's game in my responses to you.

Shmessy, I would mind since I wasn't even the one who started it. Where is the public warning to PA? Or can't you be bothered?

Admittedly, I've only breezed through the early part of this thread. Please let me know of any personal flaming that you're responding to.

The Titans were so god awful, i'm pretty sure 95% of the backs in this league could have got 100 yards against them yesterday

As I wrote earlier, Stephen Hawking would have gone for a C-note yesterday.

He was taking handoffs from a HOF QB whom the Titans D had to worry about.

BJGE was facing 8 in the box with Brian Hoyer.

BJGE wasn't facing 8 in the box. Not sure if you actually watched the 2nd half of the game, but the Titans kept both safeties back since the Pats were lining up with 2 WRs much of the time.

facing 8 in the box also doesn't over-shadow the fact that their defense was exhausted by the 2nd half when BJGE was getting most of his carries...

Ben Jarvus Green Ellis is an undrafted rookie free agent in his second year. You need injuries to happen to show undrafted talent, ex. Willie Parker

Admittedly, I've only breezed through the early part of this thread. Please let me know of any personal flaming that you're responding to.

Post #43 is where PA took the gloves off and opened himself up.

BJGE wasn't facing 8 in the box. Not sure if you actually watched the 2nd half of the game, but the Titans kept both safeties back since the Pats were lining up with 2 WRs much of the time.

facing 8 in the box also doesn't over-shadow the fact that their defense was exhausted by the 2nd half when BJGE was getting most of his carries...

Those two WRs.....were they Moss and Welker?......not.

C'mon, Dabruinz. BJGE is a scrub.

I honestly hope Maroney becomes a consistent weapon that other D's have to really worry about in the future. At this point, he has not consistently been that. Yesterday changed nothing.

Post #43 is where PA took the gloves off and opened himself up.

No.
Brady FTW: "......Seriously, I just don't get how someone can so consistently make 'points' that are so obviously and undisputably wrong. We're not even talking about opinions here- once again, basic facts just prove that you're talking out of your ass again. Must be frustrating."

PA: "Talking about talking out of your ass...I am still waiting for my question of you finding 10 or more moments of granduer that you say where Maroney has had REAL GOOD games against GOOD teams..once again ignoring questions - Hard to find 10 or more eh? - I believe Maroney has had less than 5 games with 100 or more yards rushing in his 4 years,Right? - Yesterday was a drought breaker for him......:"

Brady FTW threw the phrase first. PA was replying to it and not initiating it. This goes to Brady FTW also. Folks - - just stick to the point and no flamewars.

Stop it. Stick to the point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes