PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was Maroney yelling out to the fans after the TD run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Titans giving up 75 YPG on the ground prior to playing the Patriots?

W-E-A-T-H-E-R
C-O-N-D-I-T-I-O-N-S
A-N-D
A
D-E-P-L-E-T-E-D
S-E-C-O-N-D-A-R-Y

Does this spell it out for you?

Last edited:
That YPC is not making him an all-pro anytime soon - Go back and look at the GOOD teams this team has faced over the years and let us know what type of YPC Maroney has had against them on average...bet you anything its WELL under 4

When Maroney has had decent games it was against inferior opponents with the exception of the 2007 playoffs when teams were more concerned with Brady and Moss than the running game

If Maroney ever has more than 100 yards against teams with great regular season records,I'll eat my laptop

Every RBs stats get worse against good teams. Maroney's no moreso than anyone else's though. He's had plenty of good games against good teams.

And btw, why the hell would you discount playoff performance? That's pretty much the opposite of what you should do. Isn't a RB who carries the entire offense on his back for multiple games in the playoffs exactly what you should want? Eh... nevermind, no point in expecting you to make even an ounce of sense.

W-E-A-T-H-E-R C-O-N-D-I-T-I-O-N-S A-N-D A D-E-P-L-E-T-E-D
S-E-C-O-N-D-A-R-Y

Does this spell it out for you?

You just said in an earlier post that the weather conditions weren't the reason. Now you're contradicting yourself. Here's the quote:

No I disagree about the snow in general,it was more of the team they played

Except that the team that they played has been VERY good at stopping the run, even in 2009. And the depleted secondary has little to do with anything in the run game. Both starting safeties were in, for starters. And if they had taken guys out of the box to defend against the pass, then sure, but they didn't because Cecil is a ******. Hence 45-0 at halftime. Even on his last 2 touchdowns Brady was throwing into single coverage. Maroney was running against a standard defense.

Care to do anymore backtracking, or just admit that you're in way over your head and making **** up to see what sticks?

Last edited:
Maroney has a career YPC well over 4. Who specifically has been stopping him for years?

Last time I looked Maroney has not been mentioned whatsoever against any quality opponent in terms of credit for the win.

If you wan tot argue this then show me some back proof that maroney was the star of any game when it comes to superior teams.

Maroney is a good player when it comes to playing the Sisters Of The Poor - Lets see what he does in a few weeks before we crown him a reborn again RB.

Your 4 YPC stat has not meant sh!t in being a big part of the offense's role in winning games. - Brady and his receivers and the defense have DOMINATED the reason for winning in NE ever since Corey Dillon left (although I love the underated Faulk who never gets recognition)

Every RBs stats get worse against good teams. Maroney's no moreso than anyone else's though. He's had plenty of good games against good teams.

And btw, why the hell would you discount playoff performance? That's pretty much the opposite of what you should do. Isn't a RB who carries the entire offense on his back for multiple games in the playoffs exactly what you should want? Eh... nevermind, no point in expecting you to make even an ounce of sense.

Plenty of good games against good teams?..how about showing me 10 or more games over the past 4 years whose teams are well above average?.

Keep Ball Washing Maroney...its your right and I have no problem with it :cool:

You just said in an earlier post that the weather conditions weren't the reason. Now you're contradicting yourself. Here's the quote:

Except that the team that they played has been VERY good at stopping the run, even in 2009. And the depleted secondary has little to do with anything in the run game. Both starting safeties were in, for starters. And if they had taken guys out of the box to defend against the pass, then sure, but they didn't because Cecil is a ******. Hence 45-0 at halftime. Even on his last 2 touchdowns Brady was throwing into single coverage. Maroney was running against a standard defense.

Care to do anymore backtracking, or just admit that you're in way over your head and making **** up to see what sticks?

Obviously you can't read...I said it was more of the injury ravaged team they played than weather conditions which is true but weather did play a small percentage of the beat down AS I said if you could read between the lines - MORE OF A BAD TEAM THAN WEATHER is correct in my assessment of the win ---But if it was sunny and dry the Patriots probably would have won by about 31 instead of 59..thats my opinion

Last edited:
Obviously you can't read...I said it was more of the injury ravaged team they played than weather conditions which is true but weather did play a small percentage of the beat down AS I said if you could read between the lines - MORE OF A BAD TEAM THAN WEATHER is correct in my assessment of the win ---But if it was sunny and dry the Patriots probably would have won by about 31 instead of 59..thats my opinion

Moving the goal posts much? How is the team injury-ravaged? They're missing both starting CBs. They single-covered our WRs anyways. The injuries to the CBs had no impact whatsoever on how they played their defense, which says a lot about why they're 0-6. The Pats were running against the exact same run defense as the previous 5 teams, and the Pats were the first team to do it effectively. As I've said at least twice in this thread already, the Titans have a top-tier run defense in 2009. Watch their other games if you don't believe me, or pick a statistic of your choice. They all say the same thing: that the Titans are very good against the run. Tell me which injuries impacted the run defense, why don't you? You tell me, and I'll get back to you with why you're wrong (because you are wrong).

Or just continue to spout nonsense, only to get indignant and insulting when people call you on it. That's productive.

Last edited:
Before yesterday's game, the Titans were giving up 2.7 YPC, 75.4 YPG, and I don't think they had allowed a run of 20+ yards. Among all of the crap that was that team, they at least had a top-tier run defense and a good rushing attack. Do you really expect PA to get his facts straight though?

No way, you CAN'T run against the Colts. I dunno how the Dolphins managed to have 45+ minute T.O.P. against them, but it certainly wasn't by running on them or anything.

Colts have yet to play a team this year where they needed to respect the run and pass. They must do that with NE.

Because they need to do that, look at the rushing stats since 2006. In 4 games, Pats have gone over 140 yds twice, over 100 once and 93 the other.

Pats will run the ball sucessfully vs the Colts.

I've been off the Maroney band wagon for at least the last season, but he had a great game this week. Because of TB's horrible run defense, he may very well have another great game against them.... ditto the entire offense.

My greatest concern right now isn't whether or not Maroney is for real, but whether or not the entire offense is for real. Did we break through some barrier this week, finally putting all the pieces together to form the offense we all THOUGHT we had at the beginning of this year, or did we just blow out a really crappy team that can't play in inclimate weather and had a heavily depleted secondary... or both?

I'm interested to see how the TB game goes and I don't think I will be completely convinced about Maroney or the offense in general until we have a few games where we are showing 2007 form.

I guess a similar thing could be said about the defense since it has been good, but not stellar so far this year and they just completely shut the Titans out and created tons of turnovers. Was this a 4-3 vs 3-4 thing? A wake-up call facilitated by the benching of AD and signing of Seau? or just a crappy team that they were able to dominate?

Plenty of good games against good teams?..how about showing me 10 or more games over the past 4 years whose teams are well above average?.

Keep Ball Washing Maroney...its your right and I have no problem with it :cool:

Congratulations- you've established a criteria that no Patriots RB since Curtis Martin can pass. Dunno wtf that proves, except I guess that Maroney isn't as good as Curtis Martin, which nobody ever disputed in the first place. Great job.

Colts have yet to play a team this year where they needed to respect the run and pass. They must do that with NE.

Because they need to do that, look at the rushing stats since 2006. In 4 games, Pats have gone over 140 yds twice, over 100 once and 93 the other.

Hahaha I know- I was being sarcastic, but maybe I wasn't clear enough. The idea that PA could claim that it's difficult to run against the Colts is just absurd, considering that the Dolphins held the ball for 45 minutes against them. The Colts' biggest weakness, by far, is their run defense.

Hahaha I know- I was being sarcastic, but maybe I wasn't clear enough. The idea that PA could claim that it's difficult to run against the Colts is just absurd, considering that the Dolphins held the ball for 45 minutes against them. The Colts' biggest weakness, by far, is their run defense.

I hate not being able to pick up the scarcism!!! :p

I would say Hightower,Wells and Warner make things difficult for teams playing Cardinals which the Colts already played,Do you really think the Cardinals rushing attack is not a threat in game planning for Arizona?

If you think that the Brown and Williams combo in Miami doesn't hold up to controlling a game against the Colts then I don't know what to say - Not only that but the Brown/Williams combo could be considered pretty damn good at times - Can you really state here that you think the NE running game is better than Miami's who you mention?.

Sure Indy's run defense is not in the top 10 but do you really think Brady is not going to pass 40 or more times when they play them? - NE has not relyed on a running game when playing the Colts,its usually a shootout through the air.

If Maroney ever has more than 100 yards against teams with great regular season records,I'll eat my laptop

Maroney has had at least 20 carries in exactly 2 regular season games and 2 playoff games....in his career. Part of the running back by committee approach is one guy is not likely to have a huge game in terms of yardage. That's why we look at YPC, which, in his case, is well above average. These are his career numbers when he has gotten the ball at least 20 times:

Buff..........20-72
NYJ..........26-104
Jax...........22-122
SD............22-125

Not too shabby. The way that you are qualifying his accomplishments, i.e., "yes, he had a good game there, but it was snowing" or "yes, he had a good game there, but it was in the playoffs", or "yes, he had a good game there, but he was not THE reason we won", or "yes, he had a good game there, but it was a Thursday night game..." makes all of us think that you have an agenda. This irrational hatred of your own team's players seems to be a phenomenon that is particular to this site.

Congratulations- you've established a criteria that no Patriots RB since Curtis Martin can pass. Dunno wtf that proves, except I guess that Maroney isn't as good as Curtis Martin, which nobody ever disputed in the first place. Great job.

Maybe you will finally STFU when he is cut next season and we draft another RB in round 2 - Can't wait for it.

The fact that we passed on Greg Jennings and Maurice Jones Drew over Maroney and Jackson in that same draft kills me everytime I think of it.

I would say Hightower,Wells and Warner make things difficult for teams playing Cardinals which the Colts already played,Do you really think the Cardinals rushing attack is not a threat in game planning for Arizona?

To be honest- no. AZs line is finesse, pass-blocking line. They pass to set up the pass. There is no commitment to runthe ball in AZ. None.

Hightower is a nice talent, but I think hes a better receiver than a runner. Who knows what Wells is yet. Nice size. Decent speed. But behind that line....not sure if thats the right place for him..

My .02$

Last edited:
Maroney has had at least 20 carries in exactly 2 regular season games and 2 playoff games....in his career. Part of the running back by committee approach is one guy is not likely to have a huge game in terms of yardage. That's why we look at YPC, which, in his case, is well above average. These are his career numbers when he has gotten the ball at least 20 times:

Buff..........20-72
NYJ..........26-104
Jax...........22-122
SD............22-125

Not too shabby. The way that you are qualifying his accomplishments, i.e., "yes, he had a good game there, but it was snowing" or "yes, he had a good game there, but it was in the playoffs", or "yes, he had a good game there, but he was not THE reason we won", or "yes, he had a good game there, but it was a Thursday night game..." makes all of us think that you have an agenda. This irrational hatred of your own team's players seems to be a phenomenon that is particular to this site.

I don't hate Maroney - I don't hate any player on this team,My look at it is that he is not anywhere near a consistent RB or maybe is just not a good fit on THIS team - Maybe just maybe he can stretch his good game yesterday from one to multiple games,that I would like to see but I don't believe it will happen.

Do I hate Maroney?,Absolutely not

Do I have confidence that we can rely on Maroney to carry the load in rushing in critical games and crucial situations?..Absolutely not again

Do I wish that at the early age of 24 that he could somehow still have time to turn it all around and become a force behind Brady? - Absolutely I do..but I seriously doubt it

Last edited:
Sure Indy's run defense is not in the top 10 but do you really think Brady is not going to pass 40 or more times when they play them? - NE has not relyed on a running game when playing the Colts,its usually a shootout through the air.

Last year the Pats rushed for 140 yards in an 18-15 'shootout' loss.
In 2007 the Pats rushed for 105 yards in a 24-20 'shootout' win.
In 2006 the Pats rushed for 148 yards in a 27-20 'shootout' loss.

Seriously, I just don't get how someone can so consistently make 'points' that are so obviously and undisputably wrong. We're not even talking about opinions here- once again, basic facts just prove that you're talking out of your ass again. Must be frustrating.

Yet you are going to judge Maroney on how he plays against the Colts when his runs will be limited? Even if he gets 10 touches and averages 5 ypc, you'll just say he wasn't responsible for the win. In your eyes it's just a lose/lose situation for Maroney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back