PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was Maroney yelling out to the fans after the TD run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That YPC is not making him an all-pro anytime soon

Walter Payton's career YPC = 4.4
Laurence Maroney's career YPC = 4.3
Emmitt Smith's career YPC = 4.2

I'm not saying Maroney is on par with the great backs of all time. I think his durability issues (which, IMO, is the reason he doesn't get a lot of regular season carries) will prevent him from reaching his potential. Nevertheless, he now has a body of work of almost 500 carries in the NFL, so the above YPC figure is meaningful. Next time he gets tackled in the backfield for a 2 yd loss and you blame him for it (even though there were two guys on him as soon as he took the handoff), remember that, odds are, he will rip off 16 yards in his next 2 carries.

Do I have confidence that we can rely on Maroney to carry the load in rushing in critical games and crucial situations?..Absolutely not again

Do I wish that at the early age of 24 that he could somehow still have time to turn it all around and become a force behind Brady? - Absolutely I do..but I seriously doubt it

I agree. It's hard to put faith in Maroney as he has been a ridiculous tease. But my contention is that it is not about Maroney. It's about the entire offensive philosophy. Not saying you can put Tom Menino behind the line and he'll got for 85 yds on 19 carries but because they pass the ball so well, disguse their blocking so that Ds dont know if they will run or pass out of any formation makes their running game productive. Look at Morris. Look and BJGE. They are not scary runners by any means. However, they are successful in this offense because it is so unpredictable.

With that said, I firmly believe that they would be a sick offense with a dependable feature-back that could REALLY make opposing defenses sweat.

My .02$

Last edited:
Last year the Pats rushed for 140 yards in an 18-15 'shootout' loss.
In 2007 the Pats rushed for 105 yards in a 24-20 'shootout' win.
In 2006 the Pats rushed for 148 yards in a 27-20 'shootout' loss.

Seriously, I just don't get how someone can so consistently make 'points' that are so obviously and undisputably wrong. We're not even talking about opinions here- once again, basic facts just prove that you're talking out of your ass again. Must be frustrating.

Talking about talking out of your ass...I am still waiting for my question of you finding 10 or more moments of granduer that you say where Maroney has had REAL GOOD games against GOOD teams..once again ignoring questions - Hard to find 10 or more eh? - I believe Maroney has had less than 5 games with 100 or more yards rushing in his 4 years,Right? - Yesterday was a drought breaker for him.

Those scores were not shootouts? -Without looking, How many attempts of rushing compared to passing were those two games where you specify yardage? - Yardage and carries are 2 different things if you had not figured that out yet.

Dont' count a 2008 Brady-less team in terms of passing attempts,thats ******ed. - you could have way less runs which equals that many yards - I would check it myself but I will leave that up to you.

Last edited:
I think the only reason he did good yesterday was because of the snow. He still dances around too much imo. The only difference is that in the snow its harder for the defense to recover and regain their footing.

Bingo. Stephen Hawking could have gone for a C-note yesterday. The Titans equipment manager gave those guys skates to wear.

W-E-A-T-H-E-R
C-O-N-D-I-T-I-O-N-S
A-N-D
A
D-E-P-L-E-T-E-D
S-E-C-O-N-D-A-R-Y

Does this spell it out for you?

E-X-C-U-S-E-S.

Do you have any?

I wasn't aware missing your top cornerbacks would have such a deleterious effect on a team's run defense. However, if you want to assign Maroney a handicap based on the weather feel free to do so; whatever will keep your preconceived notion about him intact, right?

E-X-C-U-S-E-S.

Do you have any?

I wasn't aware missing your top cornerbacks would have such a deleterious effect on a team's run defense. However, if you want to assign Maroney a handicap based on the weather feel free to do so; whatever will keep your preconceived notion about him intact, right?

Jack, face it, the Titans were playing on skates.

Maroney's YPC average was 2 less than BJGE's. He had a very good game and I hope this is a harbinger for the rest of the season.

But let's not crown him yet, OK?

Last edited:
Hard to argue against PA, Maroney still has a lot to prove.

No its not. Its very easy to show he's been consistently wrong about Maroney. Particularly when he cherry picks stats.

Last year, I did a comparison between Maroney and Morris, excluding the games where they went against the bottom defenses. And they came out almost identical in stats.

PA and most other Maroney Bashers have unrealistic expectations. And because Maroney doesn't meet those expectations, they think he sucks. They've proven time and again, they are clueless as to the type of runner Maroney is.

Hell, even MG pointed out that when you give the ball to Maroney 20+ times, he has good games. Which is the way it should be. People sit there and bash Maroney for not putting up 5 and 6 YPC consistently, but they ignore that the O-line hasn't been able to run block consistently since Maroney got here. Yet, when its mentioned, people like PA just want to IGNORE it and deflect it by throwing out names like Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders. Maroney is a GOOD, not great RB. When used consistently, he can get you positive yards. When the O-line is consistent (this does not mean DOMINANT) in their run blocking, Maroney does well. As do the other RBs...

Maroney has never been in the same class as Adrian Peterson and he's not a downhill runner like Brandon Jacobs or Frank Gore. Only when people realize that their expectations are what is flawed will they realize what the Pats have in Maroney.

E-X-C-U-S-E-S.

Do you have any?

Ben Jarvus Green Ellis got 9.6 yards a carry yesterday against the Titans.

Now, you can either say 1 of 3 things.

1. Make the excuses people just listed for Maroney, but that will defeat you defending Maroney.

2. Admit Maroney is not as good as you think.

3. Admit BJGE ACTUALLY has some talent.

E-X-C-U-S-E-S.

Do you have any?

So what you are saying is if we had played a BETTER team in BETTER weather conditions we would not have seen the usual average of 6-9 carries for 17-25 yards from LoMo? - It's O.K. believe what you want that Maroney has turned it around.... - Tennessee's defense as a whole has not played well all season,thats a reason why they are 0-6 and yes,thier starting cornerbacks would probably have been in better position to stop that 45 yard TD run beofre he got into the wide open .

If the weather was better who knows if Morris would have been hurt and Maroney only in there sporadically - Morris was the featured back because he is the BETTER back - when you lose Morris thay had to go to the backup.

1. Make the excuses people just listed for Maroney, but that will defeat you defending Maroney.

BJGE has great talent. However those numbers were against a team that didn't really show up to play, so we have to consider those numbers a little skewed.

We'll have to wait until playing a top-caliber team (e.g. top 5 run-stop D) to see what he really is made of.

BJGE has great talent. However those numbers were against a team that didn't really show up to play, so we have to consider those numbers a little skewed.

We'll have to wait until playing a top-caliber team (e.g. top 5 run-stop D) to see what he really is made of.

BJGE has great talent???? Hes a fringe roster player who prior to the rash of injuries was not even active on gamedays....C'mon...

Last edited:

Hence my point, so Maroney's numbers are skewed too.

but it snowed in Minnesota when he played..... :rofl:

piss Maroney off.... continue to boo him. We might have found something significant. Or the TITANS just are that bad:singing:

Talking about talking out of your ass...I am still waiting for my question of you finding 10 or more moments of granduer that you say where Maroney has had REAL GOOD games against GOOD teams..once again ignoring questions - Hard to find 10 or more eh? - I believe Maroney has had less than 5 games with 100 or more yards rushing in his 4 years,Right? - Yesterday was a drought breaker for him.

Can you find 10 or more games that Maroney has played against good defenses?

As for 100 yard games, Maroney had 6 prior to yesterday's game. And he's not played 4 years. You sit there and claim others are talking out their ass, yet you spew that garbage. This is Maroney's 4th year. That means he's only played 3 years prior. And of those, he missed all but 3 games last year because, during the 2nd game, his clavicle was broken while he was running hard. He's played a grand total of a bit more than 2 seasons in reality.

You want people to look at things in a vacuum. You spew about how Maroney hasn't done well against "good teams" yet you don't specify what qualifies as a "good team".

Jack, face it, the Titans were playing on skates.

Maroney's YPC average was 2 less than BJGE's. He had a very good game and I hope this is a harbinger for the rest of the season.

But let's not crown him yet, OK?

Yes. But by virtue of the fact that the Titan's defense, as you say, "were playing on skates," that renders that figure entirely meaningless.

Or something. Tough to keep track of all the excuses Maroney detractors have on the back burner.

Or that he was playing in garbage time :)

Regardless, yesterday's game was not dispositive on any of your conclusions. I'm not saying this finally means Maroney is a great back. I'm enjoying the schadenfreude and hoping this is a sign of things to come, so we can keep the feeding tubes pumping crow.

Last edited:
BJGE has great talent???? Hes a fringe roster player who prior to the rash of injuries was not even active on gamedays....C'mon...

Willie Parker must have been terrible because he was the 4th string runningback his whole rookie season.

Maroney: "I did not blow my wad haters ... I did not blow ... my ... wad"

Last edited:
Can you find 10 or more games that Maroney has played against good defenses?

As for 100 yard games, Maroney had 6 prior to yesterday's game. And he's not played 4 years. You sit there and claim others are talking out their ass, yet you spew that garbage. This is Maroney's 4th year. That means he's only played 3 years prior. And of those, he missed all but 3 games last year because, during the 2nd game, his clavicle was broken while he was running hard. He's played a grand total of a bit more than 2 seasons in reality.

You want people to look at things in a vacuum. You spew about how Maroney hasn't done well against "good teams" yet you don't specify what qualifies as a "good team".

BS Stat of the Week- Since 2006, including playoffs, Pats are 20-1 when LoMo has more than 13 carries in a game. LOL

Last edited:
Last time I looked Maroney has not been mentioned whatsoever against any quality opponent in terms of credit for the win.

If you wan tot argue this then show me some back proof that maroney was the star of any game when it comes to superior teams.

Maroney is a good player when it comes to playing the Sisters Of The Poor - Lets see what he does in a few weeks before we crown him a reborn again RB.

Your 4 YPC stat has not meant sh!t in being a big part of the offense's role in winning games. - Brady and his receivers and the defense have DOMINATED the reason for winning in NE ever since Corey Dillon left (although I love the underated Faulk who never gets recognition)

You are like the posting version of the kid who behaves after the parent yells, for about 5 minutes...and then drags the board into the gutter again. That you do this says more about where you're coming from as a fan than what the team or the players are doing.

Brady and the receivers didn't dominate against Philly and Baltimore in 2007 wins and they didn't dominate in the playoffs, period. If they had we would have another Lombardi. And Dillon didn't leave, he was CUT after 1 season for the ages and 2 years of tapping out and Faulk gets all sorts of recognition as the best 3rd down back in the league after struggling with fumbilitis and inconsistency for the first half of his career.

I'm no lip reader but I'm fairly certain whatever he was yelling was directed at fairweather fans like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe