PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Tom should do about this latest report

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Brady should call a Press conference, and clarify exactly what his relationship with this scum was. I personally believe he is being smeared. Why is an interesting question. But by addressing the issue directly he can avoid looking like the cowardly, sniveling, lying baseball players who shall remain nameless here. If he says anything about Lawyers or refuses to address this he will be making a big mistake, regardless of how innocent he is. Tom needs to put this to bed immediately before he becomes completely trashed by the media. A report like this reaches the press onlybecause of someone's calculation. Why Anderson and his lawyer are talking publicly about this, while refusing to address anything about Bonds, makes me think there is something even more crooked than usual going on. Tom needs to quash this before the vultures and crows descend on the living.

Very well said. I don't think this is anything to just be laughed off. I thought someone said he was holding a press conference at 2:30 to address this whole mess.

If his agent, lawyers, tell him NOT to, then he MUST oblige. There could be legal ramification out of Tom's control. This isn't the movies where everything goes great for the hero and the hero gets to clear his name without suffering any consequences.

However, isn't it interesting that Anderson will go to jail to NOT rat out names associated with the roids, but had no problem talking about one phone call with Tom Brady. Doesn't that suggest that Brady has NOTHING to do with the scandal since he DID name him? I know it sounds strange, but it's true.

This guy went to jail so he wouldn't have to rat out Bonds and throw other guys under the bus, but he seemed OK to name Tom's name.

Last edited:
Drewwho said:
If his agent, lawyers, tell him NOT to, then he MUST oblige. There could be legal ramification out of Tom's control. This isn't the movies where everything goes great for the hero and the hero gets to clear his name without suffering any consequences.

However, isn't it interesting that Anderson will go to jail to NOT rat out names associated with the roids, but had no problem talking about one phone call with Tom Brady. Doesn't that suggest that Brady has NOTHING to do with the scandal since he DID name him? I know it sounds strange, but it's true.

This guy went to jail so he wouldn't have to rat out Bonds and throw other guys under the bus, but he seemed OK to name Tom's name.

I think you're wrong here. Tom Brady is living in the movies. He is a celebrity in the public eye, and it is public opinion that in the end governs his fate, guilty or innocent. That's what the baseball players failed to understand. Unlike Tom (as I believe) they were guilty, but instead of acknowledging their guilt and throwing themelves on the mercy of the public, they decided to hide behind their lawyers' skirts, thereby ruining their reputations forever. All of their career accomplishments are now meaningless. They would have been better off being honest and throwing themselves at the mercy of the public. Tom I believe is being smeared, and he needs to strike back in a way normal people can understand, take the issue head on, and let the chips fall. Whatever the legal outcome the public will appreciate and sympathize with his response. I realize this is a classic "I didn't beat my wife" situation, where you are tarnished no matter what you say, but coming clean here and trusting the public is always the best option for an innocent public figure.

Last edited:
The only commentaries i've seen condemn the headline-writer ... which the underlying story completely repudiates.
So Tom doesn't HAVE TO DO anything. Don't draw more attention to it.

But i am seriously perplexed why ingesting steroids is criminal behavior.
I understand that it may confer an advantage in athletic competition ...
and that having separate leagues and Olympics for steroid users and non-users is impractical. That is a quandary for the solons of sport to sort out,

But why should bulking up by taking certain select chemical formulations condemn you to friggin prison ...
while bulking up by taking granola and mega-vitamins ...
or double cheeseburgers and supersized fries ... does not?

I realize you have a pro-steroids agenda. The explanations for why steroids, HGH and other performance enhancing drugs should not be allowed in a competitve sport are too numerous to mention, and I suppose if you aren't aware of them already, or have already dismissed them, there's no way to convince a person who doesn't want to be convinced. Your advice to Tom is exactly the kind of advice that will tarnish him for the rest of his career and I hope he doesn't have people with similar views whispering in his ear, or he has the sense to go with his gut and act like a truly innocent man.

well, turns out he DID laugh it off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drewwho said:
well, turns out he DID laugh it off!

I hate to be that guy, but LINK?

huskeralk said:
I hate to be that guy, but LINK?

Go to the Globe, Reiss's blog. Brady has is PC this afternoon-his scheduled PC.
It was a call he placed to Solomon 5 years ago to contact a trainerin the bay area. One call...that is it.

Brady said he is a role model to children and takes his position and the honor of his sport seriously!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything Tom should have to worry about, or do about, this is just a whole bunch of nothing. He addressed it, got the situation cleared up, and this will blow by like the nothing it already is. Tom spoke a lot about integrity, being a military guy, I feel one word closer to him :cool:

flutie2phelan said:
The only commentaries i've seen condemn the headline-writer ... which the underlying story completely repudiates.
So Tom doesn't HAVE TO DO anything. Don't draw more attention to it.

But i am seriously perplexed why ingesting steroids is criminal behavior.
I understand that it may confer an advantage in athletic competition ...
and that having separate leagues and Olympics for steroid users and non-users is impractical. That is a quandary for the solons of sport to sort out,

But why should bulking up by taking certain select chemical formulations condemn you to friggin prison ...
while bulking up by taking granola and mega-vitamins ...
or double cheeseburgers and supersized fries ... does not?

The criminal behavior in question for Bonds is tax fraud in that he paid for his mistress' house and "training sessions" with Anderson with money earned from baseball card shows and failed to report the income to the IRS. He is also facing indicment for perjury because he went before a federal grand jury and testified that he never knowingly took steroids.

Anderson is facing criminal charges for contempt of court becuase he will not testify in the case against Bonds. He may also face charges for possesion and distribution of a controlled substance if HGH is classified as such. He would also be succeptable to tax fraud charges as I am sure he did not report any income form selling steroids on his 1040EZ.

Re: What Tom should do about this latest report
Exactly what he did!

And he doesn't owe anybody any more then that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST