PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What the heck does this "preponderance of evidence" mean ?

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...d-be-on-the-table-for-deflategate/#more-87870

Whether or not the attendant deflated the balls in the bathroom with or without the knowledge of anyone higher up, though it may be true, might not be of concern to the league. Florio noted that Spygate caused Roger Goodell to tell the owners that they “need to reduce the standard of proof in these types of cases,” that they “don’t need to have a smoking gun.” He also added that even if the attendant says he was just relieving himself, the NFL doesn’t have to accept his explanation.

:mad:

I agree, which is why I don't think the Patriots will be fully exonerated and, even if the numbers can be flushed out using science, the league will have enough with the bathroom video and the psi measurements to penalize the Patriots.

That's why I think the Patriots response to any penalty is so incredibly important. If they are in fact innocent of any wrongdoing--and I think we're all in agreement after BB's Saturday presser--they need to come out swinging if the report finds them to be guilty of deflating footballs.

Publish the study they did on the footballs, use the pre-game and mid-game psi measurements (if they were even documented) to prove beyond any doubt that science explains the entire difference. It may not exonerate them in the leagues eyes but that evidence could at least be used to beat off the haters, just link the study every single time someone calls the Patriots cheaters.

Anyway, getting ahead of myself...using a 51/49 standard makes sense, it totally does; ignoring science does not.

Agreed on all points.

I'm glad to have seen them defending themselves, and would be okay with a fine. In the court of public perception this case has already been tried, so anything aside from the NFL admitting a huge mistake (don't see it happening) will be viewed as another incident regarding the alleged "cheating."

It really, really sucks terribly.

I realize that we'll get the standard "Florio is a douche" comments (and he is), but this is exactly what I've been trying to say for days.

I'm afraid that others are taking my comments out of context and thinking that I'm meaning to come off as argumentative. This isn't correct at all.

I'm simply pointing out the fact that we may have already lost, by having Roger Goodell at the head of the table.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back