PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What team do you WANT to see get #6 seed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What team do you want to see in the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I picked the Chargers simply because I hate them less than I hate the other three teams. :rolleyes:

What I want, in descending order:

1. Pittsburgh - not really afraid of them at all.
2. Miami - I think we match up better with them than SD.
3. San Diego - I have a feeling Woodhead would make us look stupid for not re-signing him. Just the type of player who gives us trouble.
4. Baltimore - after 45-3 and the aftermath, I never want to play a hated rival right after embarrassing them.

However, I think the most likely 6 seed is Miami, followed by Baltimore, SD, and Pittsburgh.

I want the Dolphins to get in.

Sick of hearing how the AFC East sucks, so I want a wildcard out of the east, unless it's the Jets, then JUST NO.

Also, I think the Dolphins could give the Donkeys trouble -they're that kind of weird team. On the other hand, I don't give them much of a chance of coming to New England and beating the Pats in January.

Of the four in question, the one I don't want to play is San Diego. Rivers is the best of the four quarterbacks in that group and they can and have beaten good teams. Not worried at all about any of the other three.

I voted for the fish but upon further review would vote for the Chargers, because i think they have the best shot of knocking the Bronco's out and giving NE a home AFC Championship game.

Would rather not see the Ravens in... don't care for any other team.

My intial thought was the Steelers just to see their fanbase get excited to "come back and get in" with their false bravado and delusional thoughts that they might actually have a chance to get to the SB,only to get their hearts ripped out when they get **** stomped.

But....I'm so sick of the Pats play in the weakest division argument that I voted for Miami...I might have to puke now.

Baltimore I can't stand so I never want to see them have any success. SD I don't think one way or the other about.

I didn't really give to much consideration to who would beat Denver because I think KC will win WC weekend and will visit Denver (Barring Oakland upsetting Denver this week) in the divisional round.

i see everyone is picking SD because of their ability to knock off Denver. I would submit that the Chiefs could also beat Manning - they've lost to them twice this year, but it's really tough to beat a team 3 times in the same season. They've come darn close to beating the broncos in both games too - this time they don't have to deal with von miller.

Give me SD. The six seed, if they win, gets Denver, and likely takes out Cinci, who I don't really want to face. I want the best team possible in that 6 slot and after watching SD against Denver, I really think it's them.

Say what you want about Rivers, but he's a fun player to watch. He's a fighter, he's animated and SD generally has an entertaining team. I can see them wreaking a little havoc, but we tend to own Phil, especially coming across three time zones.

Flacco is banged up, I just don't see it. Miami needs another year or two and really needs to shore up that Oline. Pittsburgh just ain't happening.

Personally don't care because I don't see a 2007/2011 Giants or 2012 Ravens in the bunch. I think whoever wins that slot is one and done.

To be fair, isn't that what we were all saying about the 2012 Ravens?

i see everyone is picking SD because of their ability to knock off Denver. I would submit that the Chiefs could also beat Manning - they've lost to them twice this year, but it's really tough to beat a team 3 times in the same season. They've come darn close to beating the broncos in both games too - this time they don't have to deal with von miller.

So because the Broncos have already beaten the Chiefs twice, you think that makes them less likely to do it again? I definitely can't get on board with that logic.

So because the Broncos have already beaten the Chiefs twice, you think that makes them less likely to do it again? I definitely can't get on board with that logic.

It is hard to beat a team 2 times in a season. Try 3 times and a Division opponent. I wouldn't be surprised if they could pull it off.

The 6 seed will probably be playing Cinncinnati, who hasn't won a playoff game in 23 years including 2 home losses and a loss to TJ Yates.
Problem is, there are no 6 seed contneders that I have any confidence could win 2 in a row.

I think best bet for us is the 6 to lose, we face Cincy and the Indy/KC winner goes to Denver.

KC is a Fraud.

They have beat 1 team with a winning record and that is Philly. They have lost to all good QBs - Manning, Rivers and Luck, except Romo and whether or not he is good is debatable.

Something I've been hearing a lot lately... Last 4 teams to play in the Eagles home opener won the Super Bowl.

09- Saints
10- Packers
11- Giants
12- Ravens (even though they lost the Eagles game.)

This year, Chargers played in the Eagles opener. So... knowin that, I'm not really sure I want them in the playoffs...

Pretty sure there is a stat like this that involves the Patriots and who is in the SB.

Teams that played NE in the regular season and gone onto the SB that year
'06- Indy/Chicago
'07- NYG
'08- Pitt/Arizona
'09- NO/Indy
'10- GB/Pitt
'11- NYG
'12- Balt/San Fran

Pretty sure there is a stat like this that involves the Patriots and who is in the SB.

'06- Indy/Chicago
'07- NYG
'08- Pitt/Arizona
'09- NO/Indy
'10- GB/Pitt
'11- NYG
'12- Balt/San Fran

So looking like Saints or Panthers vs Pats outdoors in the northeast winter for the title. I'll take that. :)

'06- Indy/Chicago
'07- NYG
'08- Pitt/Arizona
'09- NO/Indy
'10- GB/Pitt
'11- NYG
'12- Balt/San Fran

Hmm... if we go by that, if we lose (literally goes to knock on wood and comes back to computer) that means it would be Broncos/Bengals/Ravens/Steelers/Dolphins vs. Saints/Panthers. Still, Chargers make me uncomfortable, and the feeling won't go away unless they don't make the playoffs.

Miami needs another year or two and really needs to shore up that Oline.

With Wallace's contract ballooning ($17.25 million in 2014) and other money concerns, I think the Dolphins are heading in the wrong direction.

They're going to run into cap hell very quickly. Hard to build a team in that position.

My dream playoff run--

Pats defeat Baltimore Ravens in divisional round.
Pats defeat Denver Broncos and we see the 'Peyton face' in AFC Championship.
Pats defeat Seahawks in Superbowl as BB proves he is leagues beyond Pete Carroll.
Brady's 4th Superbowl ring!! Pats crowned Champs as haters drown in envy! LOL

it's really tough to beat a team 3 times in the same season.

Actually, this logic is flawed. Since the 1970 merger (modern day NFL), the team who beat its divisional opponent the first 2 times, went on to win the 3rd game 63% of the time, in a 12-7 differential. It's been talked about many times on this forum.

I hate to post a link to bleacher report due to the fact that they have amateur writers, but this was the first article I can find and it's 12:34am, so you'll have to live with it ;)

Beating a Team Three Times in One Season Is Easier Done Than Said | Bleacher Report

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back