PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What team do you WANT to see get #6 seed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What team do you want to see in the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like any of those 4 teams, but I voted for SD because I despise them the least,
and because I feel that they have a better chance of beating the donkeys after they
beat the Bungles than the other 3 teams.

Yep, that's what i saw as well.

At this point what i am hoping for is Cincy in New England as the Divisional match-up, and i hope like hell it is on a Sunday.
Why do you want Sunday?
I think for the most part the 1s get to play saturday and the 2s play Sunday, but I'm not sure

I haven't done the math so this might not work, but I'd love to see a Three Games to Glory: Revenge Edition:
- Miami in Division round. Destroy those poseurs.
- Cincinnati in AFCCG: Bengals will be happy just to be there.
- Panthers in the Meadowlands

Pretty sure there is a stat like this that involves the Patriots and who is in the SB.

Teams that played NE in the regular season and gone onto the SB that year
'06- Indy/Chicago
'07- NYG
'08- Pitt/Arizona
'09- NO/Indy
'10- GB/Pitt
'11- NYG
'12- Balt/San Fran

On a sidenote: That's an incredible stat, maybe worth a mini summary.

So the Pats have a 1/4 chance of playing the division that produces the NFC Superbowl contender, and they've played that division 7 years in a row. If my maths is correct the chances of that are 16384 to 1!

The NFC sure does have some parity. A 4 year divisional rotation system to get to the superbowl since 2006, plus 11 different NFC teams in the SB since 2001.

In contrast the Pats and the AFC north (Pitt/Ravens) have dominated the AFC, appearing in the SB 10 out of the last 13 years.

For the poll. Voted Chargers, want to see Woodhead in the playoffs, but wouldn't mind Miami. Want to see the Steelers and Ravens out.

whoever wins will have an extremely hard time cincy in cincy if the pats hold on to the 2 seed . If pats earn the bye, the first round vs cincy is a very good bet .

Outside of the Patriots, I see San Diego as the only other team of the bunch that could go into Denver and win and bring another home AFCCG back to Foxboro.

I see BAL, SD, CIN, NE as teams that I would take over DEN.

PIT, KC, and IND are question marks. MIA has no chance. But why are you guys focused on DEN? Who cares who beats DEN when teams like CIN are clearly a bigger threat to us?

Yes I say CIN @ NE is a tougher match up than NE @ DEN.

Chargers because of Woodhead.

And Welker is with the Broncos. And Vinatieri is with the Colts.

And all three are our enemies, regardless of when they used to wear our jerseys. Playoffs are coming. No more wishing any other AFC team good luck.

I don't put Woodhead in the same class as Welker and Vinatieri, who both left the Pat$ for greener pa$ture$ after getting paid very well here. I'll be pulling for Woodhead as long as he's not playing the Pats. Plus, I'm a fan of Phillip Rivers.

I'd also like to see the Dolphins make it. Call it AFCE pride.

I'm not hoping for either Pittsburgh or Baltimore to make it. I'm sick of Harbaugh and his players crying and I can't stand Tomlin or his dirty team either. It would be refreshing to see a playoff without those teams in it.

I have no problem with San Diego winning the SB, so if I have to pick another AFC team to root for this year it will be the Chargers.

I don't want Luck to accumulate rings earlier in his career and I can't stand that Andy Dalton with that sausage water hair.

I haven't done the math so this might not work, but I'd love to see a Three Games to Glory: Revenge Edition:
- Miami in Division round. Destroy those poseurs.
- Cincinnati in AFCCG: Bengals will be happy just to be there.
- Panthers in the Meadowlands

MIA if they were to ever beat CIN is automatically going to DEN, they can't go anywhere else in the DIV round.

We are likely to see MIA go to CIN and get bent over, CIN comes here, and then KC/IND going to DEN.

I do have CAR in the SB if they hold onto the 2 seed, otherwise I will give the nod to SEA/NO/SF in that order. Either way if we make the SB it will be tough like the last 6 SBs we made it to, PHI was probably our weakest opponent.

Your bolded comment is fine, however when you consider that he has been one and done 8 times out of 12, the odds are kind of stacked that way.
Think about that. Peyton Manning is 4-8 in first round playoff games. And anyone thinking this was a young Peyton issue, no, he is 1-4 in first round games since 2006

Other interesting things.
Out of the 8 losses, 5 were at home, 6 were in seasons they were 13-3 or better, and only 1 was to a team better than 11-5 including an 8 a 9 and a 10 win team.

I don't think there is a QB in NFL history that has done worse at winning at home in the first round of the playoffs as a pretty clear favorite.

You could also add that some of those one-and-dones came after Manning was handed one of his MVP awards. Those are incredibly poor playoff numbers for a QB with his talent.

All I can say is he better not pull another gag job, or the mediots that fawn over him will have to briefly mention it sometime.

I have no problem with San Diego winning the SB

681570.gif

Why do you want Sunday?
I think for the most part the 1s get to play saturday and the 2s play Sunday, but I'm not sure

they switch it every year. One year the AFC 1 seed plays on Saturday and the NFC 1 seed on Sunday, the following year it's reversed.

You could also add that some of those one-and-dones came after Manning was handed one of his MVP awards. Those are incredibly poor playoff numbers for a QB with his talent.

All I can say is he better not pull another gag job, or the mediots that fawn over him will have to briefly mention it sometime.

Depending on their opponent, think that there is a very real possibility that DEN could get knocked out in the 1st round. Then again, if NE doesn't play well so could they.

Defensive QB Rating..
4th Bengals
5th MIA
6th KC

9th NE

Sacks For...
6th KC
9th MIA
11th CIN

6th NE

Not to mention their defense stinks...

Chargers won the majority of the votes... and they seem to be in good shape right now!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back