PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is your expectation for the Pats after week 3?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

After 3 weeks, where do you expect the Pats finish in the regular season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
We've now had 3 weeks of NFL action to digest and after two consecutive losses some are not feeling great about the missed opportunities but right now where do you expect the Pats to finish the regular season?

ESPN's AFC Power Rankings:
1) Texans
2) Ravens
3) Patriots
4) Chargers
5) Broncos
6) Bengals
7) Steelers
8) Jets

2 weeks in a row, the little plays that went in the Patriots favor last season have gone against them thus far. I'm going to sit back and let it unfold. The replacement officials have too much influence to know what's going to happen on a weekly basis.

17-2 mutha f****as!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-5...#3 seed

They will lose 3 more

Seattle
texans
then another loss but have no clue where

It's not nice to be 1-2, but I honestly don't see anything out of Miami, Jets, or Bills that should give us any problems winning our division (I hope). I think the AFC West will have the lowest Divisional seed and that the top 3 teams will be Houston, Baltimore and Pats. At this point it looks like that would be the order but it's still far too early in the season to be sure. Houston was tested a bit with Denver but still hasn't faced a top level team, and Baltimore usually has a few 'WTF?' losses on the road. My gut is saying Pats won't clinch home advantage throughout playoffs this year but with one or two wins over perceived 'tough' opponents (especially Houston), they could possibly eke out the 2nd seed.

Last edited:
They should be a 1 or 2, but it depends how many more times the refs screw them over.

Clicked on wrong choice, 5 or 6. I expect 3 or 4 seed.

I voted no idea because the true impact of the referee debacle has yet to unfold. Who knows what bizarre twist is ahead this week in Orchard Park?

I voted no idea because the true impact of the referee debacle has yet to unfold. Who knows what bizarre twist is ahead this week in Orchard Park?

Sad when that is the most rational perspective

Pats should be good enough to win the AFC East comfortably. I don't see any team in the AFC West who is likely to have a better record. So the question to me is whether we end up a 1-2 seed or the #3 seed behind Houston and Baltimore. I can't say I care that much right now.

The Patriots could have so easily been 3-0 right now. It was painful to watch what unfolded the past couple weeks but I don't see them as anything less than a top team in the NFL right now. Their record doesn't make me think any less of them. They are a contender and should be feared and never underestimated.

Last edited:
This game is important. Patriots need to get back to .500 and they need to keep up with Baltimore and Houston for the homefield advantage. The Patriots have to win this game and I expect them to win by double digits. The offense moved it with no problem against the ravens, so why can't they do it against Buffalo? The defense needs to stop allowing big plays! Offensive line needs to protect like last week.

The Texans are playing very well within an easy division. I don't see how anyone beats them out of the #1 seed. The Pats have just as good of a chance as anyone else to be the #2 seed. Still I think they have just as good of a chance to be 3 or 4 also. They will still win the division.

I still like this year's team more then last year's. I also beleive that BB will once again have the team finishing the season strong.

The Patriots will finish no worse than 12-4. It's way, way too early to predict playoff seedings.

I've thought that they were going 12-4 for months and I'll stick with that; I see a division loss coming and a loss to someone like Seattle or San Fran.

11-5 could be a possibility.

Last edited:
5-3 at the half, 11-5 at seasons end. They may should still have a shot at a bye but the 3-4 seed is most likely.

I'm going to go with 12-4 and a two seed. The AFC North teams have a tougher schedule than we do and it's only a matter of time before Schaub is K.O.'d for a number of weeks.

I put three or four for no particular reason, other than that I had us 12--4 in the preseason predictions and things are unfolding in that direction. As I said in my prediction, this is a team to whom "stuff happens" and I think the panic-ridden among our brethren have to accept that it might happen again.

I still don't see how the Pats lose the Division unless they do something completely uncharacteristic and throw up all over themselves in Buffalo after two consecutive losses; in that case, I would start to think that our Chicken Littles might, like an old broken watch that is accurate twice a day, actually be right and that maybe it's time to reassess a few things. For now, I'm looking for a big win in Orchard Park this week and 10--3 at worst when the Texans come to town.

Also, let's look on the bright side. The number one seed hasn't worked out all that well for our lads the last two times they went to the SB, so maybe it's time to take a page from the Coughlin/Eli playbook and win it all from a a couple of rungs down the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News