PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What I would like to see this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
given our history with Miami, I'd just like to see us score more points than the other guys and come home healthy. I'll look for Statements in putting away Houston by the end of the first half, by beating a good Jacksonville Team in their House and, finally, in how we finish against the Titans. As for tomorrow, let's just win and get out of town.

NEM,
It has finally become clear to me.
You would be happy if the Patriots fired Bill Belichick. I'm not being a smart-***** I just realized that everything you always say we should do are polar opposities of Bill Belichicks philosophy.
NEMs opinions mirror the philosophies of Mike Martz, Don Coryell, Mouse Davs, etc, etc. that see the goal of football to be to score the most points possible and do it at any cost.
Those of us that disagree with NEM vociferously probably always will, because most of those who do seem to also be tremendous BB supporters, and disagree with the pass happy, high risk, high reward approach.
I completely agree with this assessment.

The best offense the New England Patriots experienced in the Tom Brady era was the 2004 NFL season when the New England Patriots effectively rushed the football. A balanced offensive attack will provide the New England Patriots the best chance of success. If there are any offensive issues with the New England Patriots as of today, it's the inconsistency of the offensive line on a weekly basis.

On another note, it would be beneficial for the New England Patriots offense for another wide receiver to emerge opposite of Reche Caldwell:

Gabriel
Gaffney
Jackson

Bingo! And to carry that beyond NEM, who is a hopeless case.

All those people who are critcal of McDaniels are really being critical of BB. McDaniels is implementing BB's offense, his game plan is BB's, and BB' hears every play called during the game and can overrule at anytime.

And, if McDaniels isn't doing BB's bidding, BB can and probably would relieve him of the OC duties.
Some people can't think as far as their noses, if that far..

:agree: :eat3: :woohoo:

I would like to see the Patriots play 60 minutes of good football;

1. Stop coughing up the football
2. 5 or 6 long drives
3. Defense stoping the pass
4. Keep the Fins out of the end zone.

I would like to see a similar game when we played the Vikes.

I agree with these and would add these specifics:

A convincing win
Asante continues his Int record
Watson has a good game w/ no fumbles
We shut down Jason Taylor
Dillon doesn't ask to come out after every play

When you hire experienced offensive coordinators yu expect them to change

When you hire inexperienced coordinators, you let them do the job that you hired them for, without interfering
I am trying to make sense of this and failing. Did you mix up the two by accident?

PATSNUTme said:
Bingo! And to carry that beyond NEM, who is a hopeless case.

All those people who are critcal of McDaniels are really being critical of BB. McDaniels is implementing BB's offense, his game plan is BB's, and BB' hears every play called during the game and can overrule at anytime.

NEM said:
Now, you can say that you know that FOR SURE, without any doubts at all? Right?

Yes, we do, absolutely - because that is who BB is. This is his team, his philosophy, it was his vision to draft a poised QB who could LEAD and MANAGE that kind of READ AND REACT offense predicated on making GOOD DECISIONS QUICKLY as opposed to a GUNSLINGER intent on relying on his arm to overwhelm the opposition.

PATSNUTme said:
And, if McDaniels isn't doing BB's bidding, BB can and probably would relieve him of the OC duties.

NEM said:
Again, you positively, without exception, can vouch for what you just said, even though BB has said in the past that he rarely interferes with his coordinators and lets them run their phase of the game, for the most part.

When has he ever said that, Nem? To the contrary his intimate involvement in both the offense and defense on this team is widely acknowledged and was one reason his coordinators through three Superbowls couldn't seem to get a HC job. Neither was perceived as a genius in his own right so much as the executioner of his vision. Charlie isn't running the Weis offense at ND, he's running the Patriots offense. One he helped fashion and implement based on his HC's offensive philosophy. The same one Josh McDaniels has continued to refine and implement with an evolving cast of characters since Charlie moved on.

NEM said:
Some people can't think as far as their noses, if that far..

No kidding...look in the mirror NEM and you'll see one. :rolleyes:

I am trying to make sense of this and failing. Did you mix up the two by accident?

No. He mixed them up out of stubborn intransigence. That's NEM attempting to use reverse logic to bamboozle anyone reading here without half a brain that he is right.

Yes, we do, absolutely - because that is who BB is. This is his team, his philosophy, it was his vision to draft a poised QB who could LEAD and MANAGE that kind of READ AND REACT offense predicated on making GOOD DECISIONS QUICKLY as opposed to a GUNSLINGER intent on relying on his arm to overwhelm the opposition.

When has he ever said that, Nem? To the contrary his intimate involvement in both the offense and defense on this team is widely acknowledged and was one reason his coordinators through three Superbowls couldn't seem to get a HC job. Neither was perceived as a genius in his own right so much as the executioner of his vision. Charlie isn't running the Weis offense at ND, he's running the Patriots offense. One he helped fashion and implement based on his HC's offensive philosophy. The same one Josh McDaniels has continued to refine and implement with an evolving cast of characters since Charlie moved on.

No kidding...look in the mirror NEM and you'll see one. :rolleyes:

I won't respond to NEM on this because it's hopeless.

But, for some others who may not be aware. They do all this work in the off season. They just don't pull plays out of their ass on game day. BB,McDainiels, and the entire staff put together the playbook in the off season. They start implementing it during mini camps and training camp.

Anyone who thinks BB's finger prints are not all over the Offensive and Defensive playbooks is just dumb. Sure they tweak it and do specific plans for each team and fro each game. But, the playbooks are in place well before the season starts and the HC knows everything in those playbooks.

I want to see domination on both side of the ball for these next four games. I want to go into the playoffs where everone is saying they dont want to play the pats. I want wins of 14 points or more

and I dont want to see a game like last week

I want to see domination on both side of the ball for these next four games. I want to go into the playoffs where everone is saying they dont want to play the pats. I want wins of 14 points or more

and i want a nice shiny, new LS430 under the tree on Christmas...I'll take a W any how, any way and no injuries

You really dont know diddly squat. I hjave never lambasted Bb, and never will. He is the best thing that ever came our lway, so get off of your little, no nothing high horse and get off my back, cause you dont know ldiddly squat about whats in my mind, or not.

And, you DONTKNOW where this offense eminates from, it is mere speculation on your part, so dont come off again, as if you know lexactly where, and how it is put together..YOU DONT KNOW ANY MORE THAN I DO, YOU ARE SPECULATING, AND NOTHING MORE.

Unless, of course, you arfe sitting on BB's lap.
So, stop trying to be a Mister know it all...you dont know one damned thing more than I do..you are speculating, and have an opinion..and I have an opinion, and for the record, I believe mine is correct, and you believe yours is correct, wnhich makes you NO DIFFEReNT than me.... Live with it.
Same for AJ, you dont know one damned thing more than I do... you have an opinion and I have an opinion, so stop coming down on me...my opinion is as damned good as yours, and maybe mine is correct because you have no damnede way of proving yours and I have no way of proving mine, so get off your stinking high horse too...you are no damned better than I am...only you think you are.

How do you know what I know NEM, or who I am or where I sit for that matter?

The difference between you and most of the rest of us is we know what we know and we know what we think or believe. And we know there is a difference. You don't. There is just what you think you know, and therefore it is right. And once you state your opinion on a subject your mind is closed to any alternate theory or point of view irregardless of the factual information provided that clearly counters yours. You and my late father, a coal miners son with an 8th grade education who none the less knew it all, would have gotten along swell.

Belichick picked Charlie to be his first OC because Charlie had shown him in their time with the Giants and JETS that he had a quick mind and an understanding of defenses and how offenses might exploit them. And the ability to work in the background and subjugate his ego for the greater good or long term goal (because he too survived working for an egomaniacal tyrant in Parcells). Belichick is a creative genius who prefers to grow assistants within his system, which is just what he did with Mangini and McDaniels (a kid who first came to his attention while working as a graduate assistant for his genius buddy Saban). And when Mangini bolted his job went to a first year position coach on this team who started his college career as an assistant on Nick Saban's staff. It's familiarity with and proficiency in the system that gets you a coordinators job here, not something you developed on your own along the way.

There is opinion grounded in documented facts and volumes of anecdotal evidence written about this coach and his team and how it is run, and then there is the opinion some fans arbitrarily pull out of their ass. Your's by your own admission is based on what you think you learned 30 years ago working in the front office of a now defunct semi pro football league and watching football games from the stands or a bar stool as a fan for 45 years.

And spacecrime's point was that you again posted nonsense, claiming experienced coordinators would be brought in with the expectation they do something different than what they had done to establish their reputation in the past, while inexperienced coordinators would be given free rein to do whatever because you wouldn't have hired them unless you believed whatever they did would be right...LOL

Zampeze was brought in to install HIS offense. McDaniels was promoted to run BELICHICK'S existing offense. Saban hired Mularkey this season to run Childress' offense - how's that working out? Unfortunately he had to do that because Nick - unlike Bill - doesn't have a particular offensive philosophy and he is therefore dependent on hiring assistants who do. And when they leave his choices are change the offense or ask someone else to run a system he isn't responsible for or comfortable in. Like Billick and Fassel in Baltimore, which worked out swimmingly too... Established OC's have egos and reputations to maintain based on their own genius body of work, and generally won't subjugate them unless they are temporarily desperate for a job.

You could save yourself a lot of keystrokes and the rest of us usless eye strain by just regressing to I'm ALWAYS right, your ALL wrong, so have a good day. But I guess the rest of us could just as easily resist the temptation to attempt to engage you in rational discussion and do the same with you. Although I bet you'd miss the attention and end up painting that as some sort of vast mean spirited anti-NEM consipracy too.

First I want to see a win because that is what really counts. But, I'd like to see some other things without being unrealistic.

1. A crisp, fired up, and focused team on both sides and ST's.

2. Only one or 2 penalties. Asking for none is unrealistic.

3. Matt Light handeling Taylor so he stays off Tom.

4. No turnovers and maximum ball security.

5. Doug Gabriel with 3 or more receptions so he becomes part of the offense. And, Caldwell continuing his good play.

6.Hobbs not falling for the double move.

I'm sure some of you have some things to add.

I agree with what you are getting at. We need to start playing well and getting everybody involved on offense so we have a head of steam toward the playoffs.

It would make me fill comfortable about where we are going to see some solid progress this week.

I think the Miami game is going to be especially tough this year.

I know what you are saying but it is not realistic. Three of the four games are going to be tougher than we expect, and the fourth will be a trap game which could be tough.

I want them to at least try to be dominant, that would be a far cry from last week's sleepwalking session. But realistically, they are not going to steamroll any of these guys.

I'd be happy with some signs of real teamwork on offense and some improvements in the pass game, and blocking.

1. A crisp, fired up, and focused team on both sides and ST's.
2. Only one or 2 penalties. Asking for none is unrealistic.
3. Matt Light handeling Taylor so he stays off Tom.
4. No turnovers and maximum ball security.
5. Doug Gabriel with 3 or more receptions so he becomes part of the offense. And, Caldwell continuing his good play.
6.Hobbs not falling for the double move.
I'm sure some of you have some things to add.

I'd like to see the Defense get off the field on 3rd and long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case