What happened to Thompkins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Patriots said it was a "hip injury". But on the play where he got hurt he landed hard on his tailbone (or so it looked on replay) and then the sideline cameras caught him grabbing his crotch more than once which would seem odd for a "hip injury".

Patriots said it was a "hip injury". But on the play where he got hurt he landed hard on his tailbone (or so it looked on replay) and then the sideline cameras caught him grabbing his crotch more than once which would seem odd for a "hip injury".

He came down hard on his hip. His cup could have been jarred and I imagine that would hurt too.

I don't think he even knows what happened. He was on Twitter asking for a video of his injury.

I didn't watch the game but I hear he came back and played. Gonna be sore. Hope Dobson is good to go next week!

The Patriots are not exactly forthright to begin with when it comes to injuries.

He hurt himself landing awkwardly going up for an overthrown pass. He came back in the game later on for a couple of snaps, but couldn't finish beyond that. I'm no doctor but that has the look of a week-to-week type outlook. He could probably suit up next week if absolutely necessary, but I still think he'll most likely be back for the Miami game. That's just my opinion, however.

i thought dobson -thompkins would beast this time around. but it's all veterans now. we need 1 of these 2 to take that next step in january

I didn't watch the game but I hear he came back and played. Gonna be sore. Hope Dobson is good to go next week!

Really? I don't remember seeing him out there after the injury at all.

My friends were watching it while I was out duck hunting and said they saw him. I don't know, just what I was told. I only saw the last 2:00 of the game.

I'm thinking a classic hip pointer ............

By the way he was "holding" things when he came out of the game, I'd say groin pull, but what do I know? I'm a chick...

By the way he was "holding" things when he came out of the game, I'd say groin pull, but what do I know? I'm a chick...

Anything's possible Deb, but I actually think this was one of the rare times where Dierdorf/Gumbell actually got it right.

It appeared that Thompkins didn't have the opportunity to try and break his fall in any way due to having to leap for the throw like that, and he came down pretty squarely either on his tailbone or hip area.

We'll have to see how it looks in the middle of the week, and hope for the best.

He was back briefly in the second quarter attempting to give a go. That didn't last more than one or two series and then he was not on field in the second half at all.

Another injury...unbelievable.

Maybe Manning will break his ankle to make up for all our injured guys along with every other teams'

He was back briefly in the second quarter attempting to give a go. That didn't last more than one or two series and then he was not on field in the second half at all.
Just to add, Reiss charted him playing 3 snaps to be exact after sustaining the injury before shutting it down for the day.

I thought everyone's groin was on their left hip...?

He tried to come back in for a couple of plays but struggled and sat out the rest of the game after.

I thought the same, thought there were two instances though...

Anyone who has fallen down landingon icy steps without bracing can knock the wind out of you and leave one of the biggest bruises you've ever seen in your life.

I bet he couldn't even speak and his nuts could have got cracked between his legs or most likely he was just being animated with the groin grab.

He came down hard on his hip. His cup could have been jarred and I imagine that would hurt too.

"His cup could have been jarred"

Umm....do you mean his athletic supporter here or?

Looked like a groin pull from his reaction. Football players don't wear cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3