PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What bothers you the most about all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me most is that probably a majority of football fans will never get past the "cheaters" label (very convenient and lazy label when it's not the team you root for) and appreciate Brady's, Belichick's, or the Patriots' dominance over the last 15 years IN THE FREAKIN SALARY CAP ERA. What a ****ing travesty. No one ever questions the qreatness of the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, and Cowboys dynasties. And the greatest one of them all will never be recognized as such by most.

I might be a pretty sorry pats fan for saying this, but what bothers me most is the incredible amount of sheer scientific ignorance on display by the general public

here's a scene from the movie they're making about this

What bothers me is the realization that being a sports fan in the Internet/social media age has jaded me, and the irony of expressing this on a message board isn't lost on me.

All championships aside, I loved being a sports fan more two decades ago, long before my increased exposure to the Internet. There are many more fanbases, more personalities, that I've grown to resent because the Internet gives them a platform they didn't have in the '90s. Would all these former and current players rake the Patriots over the coals like this if it weren't the fashionable thing to do? Even when the Pats won their first Lombardi, all I heard was whining about the Tuck Rule and conspiracies of galvanizing the Patriots as heroes in the wake of 9/11. I don't remember anyone dumping all over the 11-5 Patriots in their 1996 SB run. Ignorance was bliss.

On the flip side, it's awesome seeing you guys and gals here who support the Pats from all over the world: New England, Olde England, Brazil, Japan, you name it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference