PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a CRAZY MNF Cowboys-Bills game. Romo 5 INT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone hands McGee actually dropped 2 INTS....

Jauron lost that game for Buffalo.
Instead of defending the sideline with CBs at all cost (keep safeties way back)
Buffalo GAVE Dallas the yards they needed for the winning FG.
All they needed to do was use th dime defense and keep 2 players pinned along the sidelines with safeties deep middle.
There wasn't time for anything in the middle of the field.
Jauron and his coaches blew it.

He blew it many times over. I may not be crazy about BB's personality but man are we lucky to have a coaching staff that don't lose games for the team. We may not win all of them but rarely do they cost us a win.

I forget which fathead commentator said it but boy is it true "Good coaching and good QB play are the foundation of success"

1) 3rd-8, DAL11 6:05 T. Newman intercepted T. Edwards for 70 yards. T. Newman fumbled. J. Ratliff recovered fumble

What the hell was he thinking when they had the ball on the 10 with about 6 minutes left, the winning by 8 at the time. Run the ball, take the FG and a 11 point lead. It was a terrible throw by Edwards but the coordinator and coaches have to be smarter than that.

2) 3rd-7, BUF41 3:58 T. Edwards incomplete pass to the right

This one wasn't as bad but still run the ball, get the clock down to 3:00 minutes and force the Cowboys to go the full length of the field. Keep the clock moving.

3) Prevent defense - that was sad, in both the TD drive and the final 2 receptions they went into a total shell.

On the flip side I was impressed with the play calling of the Dallas offense (aside from the 5 picks they called for).

Ps. I am glad the Yankees lost.

Last edited:
Outside of Pats games, that was handsdown the most entertaining football game I've seen! Feel bad for the Bills fans, they were outstanding in support of their team. That stadium rocked!

Jauron lost that game for Buffalo.
Instead of defending the sideline with CBs at all cost (keep safeties way back)
Buffalo GAVE Dallas the yards they needed for the winning FG.
All they needed to do was use th dime defense and keep 2 players pinned along the sidelines with safeties deep middle.
There wasn't time for anything in the middle of the field.
Jauron and his coaches blew it.

I remember watching a Virginia-Va Tech game about 12 years ago and UVA was in the exact same situation the Cowboys were in. No timeouts, needed a FG, just outside the kicker's range, with only 10 seconds left. Everybody in the freaking stadium knew what was going to happen. UVA was looking at the sidelines, Tech knew it, the DB jumped the route and took it to the house.

Jauron blew a relatively easy call.

I may sound like a homer here, but the ref calls were WILDLY in favor of the Bills(i.e. TO was pushed out on a sideline catch but was ruled incomplete, McBriar was run into but no call, a Dallas player was held on the long kickoff return by McGee, the TO "spike" where all he did was toss the ball away, etc).

Overall-the officiating has gotten VERY bad in recent years-you always wonder if something fishy is going on.

There is something fishy going on. It's the spreads. The NFL and Vegas probably split the profits.

Randy Moss woulda made that catch for the 2pt conversion at the end, all day long.

I hate that last second TO right before the kick. Seems like a trend nowadays. Perfectly legal but still dirty IMO.

I saw a lot of bad calls go against Buffalo. What about the no flags on the horse collar tackle and late hit out of bounds? When Buffalo had just been penalized 15 yards on Dallas's prior possession for grabbing the back of a helmet.

There was a convenient holding penalty that wiped out a play to the Cowboys 11 yard line. The uncalled horse collar and the convenient 5 yard instead of fifteen yard face mask certainly helped too. As did a convenient ball placement of several close first downs. And another holding call as well.

But in the final analysis if Edwards had simply thrown the ball away when down close on third and a bunch, and simply kicked a FG, they would have won.

Still Edwards as a raw rookie appeared to be unflappable with size and a god accurate arm.

That is the recipe for a pretty good starting QB with some experience. After seeing what he did against the Pats, Jets and Cowboys, the Bills have found a QB.

There was a convenient holding penalty that wiped out a play to the Cowboys 11 yard line. The uncalled horse collar and the convenient 5 yard instead of fifteen yard face mask certainly helped too. As did a convenient ball placement of several close first downs. And another holding call as well.

But in the final analysis if Edwards had simply thrown the ball away when down close on third and a bunch, and simply kicked a FG, they would have won.

Still Edwards as a raw rookie appeared to be unflappable with size and a god accurate arm.

That is the recipe for a pretty good starting QB with some experience. After seeing what he did against the Pats, Jets and Cowboys, the Bills have found a QB.

Are you sure it is *that* accurate? ;) :D

I've heard - and I'm not sure if it's true - that a horsecollar is not a penalty when the free hand is on the front of the collared player, as was Roy Williams' on his alleged personal foul.

Re: What a CRAZY MNF Cowboys-Bills game. Romo 5 INT's.

**** Jauron and the Bungalo Bills:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

I may sound like a homer here, but the ref calls were WILDLY in favor of the Bills(i.e. TO was pushed out on a sideline catch but was ruled incomplete, McBriar was run into but no call, a Dallas player was held on the long kickoff return by McGee, the TO "spike" where all he did was toss the ball away, etc).

Overall-the officiating has gotten VERY bad in recent years-you always wonder if something fishy is going on.

I agree that TOs catch on the sidelines should have been ruled complete.

The "spike" call is made whenver the player tosses the football far enough away from the referees regardless of whether or not it's spiked; I've seen it called that way in other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST