PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WFAN: Moss met with Jets on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if teams are allowed to speak with/interview players on waivers before deciding whether or not to put in a claim?

Oh to be in that locker room after a loss when Moss has only 1 catch, Edwards drops a few passes, and Mr. Classy gets shut down...

why would he visit with any teams? It's not his decision where he goes

They can't do that, it would be tampering. They can't talk to him until he clears waivers, which is 4 PM today.

Does anyone know if teams are allowed to speak with/interview players on waivers before deciding whether or not to put in a claim?

He can't talk to teams. E.g. Rex Ryan, Bill Belichick. He can talk to players. E.g. Tom Brady, Mark Sanchez.

What we know is he went to Mark Sanchez's favorite restaurant. It is unclear if even talked to Mark. He did not go to the Jets facility.

wow, if this is true this is a dangerous move by the Jets.....

So Moss went to breakfast with Sanchez yesterday. I'm sure about three minutes into that conversation he was pining for Childress... Neither of those geniuses could beat an 8 year old even on Madden.

He can't talk to teams. E.g. Rex Ryan, Bill Belichick. He can talk to players. E.g. Tom Brady, Mark Sanchez.

What we know is he went to Mark Sanchez's favorite restaurant. It is unclear if even talked to Mark. He did not go to the Jets facility.
Thanks for that info.

The Jets offense got worse with the addition of Santonio Holmes. Adding Moss might make it horrendous. They seem to have a negative effect with adding talented WRs. I thought this might be the case. Sanchez does better with fewer options and not having to think too much.

This is not what was reported.

"Wide receiver Randy Moss was in New Jersey meeting with members of the Jets on Tuesday morning"

If this report is true, would the Jets be in some sort of trouble?

Randy Moss showing up at NYC restaurant is a dangerous move by the Jets?

If the Jets players were there then would it not be?

I don't know what the rules are but I would think any contact with any member of any organization could be considered tampering, whether they met in a restaurant by chance or not. The end result is the same, the means are 'circumstance'....

I am not buying that one...

"Wide receiver Randy Moss was in New Jersey meeting with members of the Jets on Tuesday morning"

Mark Sanchez is a member of the Jets.

I almost posted this same news at 7:30. I live down here and heard it too. But since I only have around 300 posts, I deem myself unworthy of starting threads as of yet. Maybe when I rack up 'bout a thousand.

I'm glad someone else started this topic thread. Good scoop, dude.

Btw, Moss would be a PERFECT fit for The Jets. They're so rag-tag to begin with. I betcha Randy's antics would almost be WELCOME here in the Big Apple. We like big personalities.

"Let's go get a goddamned snack!"

"What? I wouldn't feed this sh*t to my dog!"

Classic. What a circus that would be.

There has been a pretty strong media reaction in NY against signing Moss, mainly because they feel that Sanchez is already out of his depth trying to get the ball to both Edwards and S. Moss (when his favorite target really is Dustin Keller). Adding Randy to the mix makes it an almost untenable situation. I doubt very much that we will see it, but with the current Jets management "Never say 'Never.'"

Off topic, I watched nearly the entire Packers-Jets game and thought that LT has definitely already lost some of the "pop" he had in his legs the first couple of games; he's not getting around the corner and he's not exploding through holes the way he did in September. I think he'll be back to his last few years' level of performance by December.

Not if it was players unless they were acting at the behest of the team. It's one of the backdoor ways of tampering that is difficult to prove and seldom persued. If it was members of the JETS staff who are not players, then they would be in trouble if the rules concerning tampering apply to waiver wire players prior to being claimed.

If Moss is fielding offers it's a good indication he once again hasn't heard a thing from the NEP regarding his having any place in their future. And he's probably in need of a hug to boot.

I would love to see Sanchez throw long game after game to satisfy Moss. He would be a turnover machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes