Welcome to PatsFans.com

Were Pro-Bowl Alternate info ever released?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ethan 55, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan 55

Ethan 55 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I've heard who the alternates are on most other teams, but I haven't seen a list of who on the Pats was named as a Pro Bowl alternate. Anyone seen a list like that or heard who was?

2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Anyone named who isn't the starter is an alternate. The only alternate among our 8 is Koppen, the rest will start at their position. There are 42 players named to the Pro Bowl, 25 or so are positional starters plus 4 on ST and the remainder are backups or alternates. Manning is an alternate at QB...for a change. There will be additional alternates named later due to injuries or guys backing out for whatever reason.

3. Ethan 55

Ethan 55 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No, I don't mean backups, I mean alternates. Koppen isn't an alternate, he'll be there regardless of whether anyone else gets injured.

Alternates are the guys who are next in line to go if someone backs out or can't play. There are usually three alternates chosen, I believe.

4. Dagg

Dagg Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

#95 Jersey

I thought they said last night Fred Taylor was an alternate2 and would be going if Parker was still injured which I guess he is going to be..

5. 3rd & Long

3rd & Long Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, they never release a list of all the alternates...but you can usually see who was selected as alternates from your team. Don't know why they don't just release the list.

6. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0

Apparently the Patriots don't officially release a list of alternates. Who'd of thunk the Pats would withhold info, eh? Though they're not the only ones.

On KFFL the esteemed AdamJT13 has compiled a list of known alternates league-wide.

7. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

terrible DB alternates wow

Will Demps @ FS?

Asamougha should be ahead of Mathis..Bly shouldnt be an alternate..no way.i would put Revis ahead of him, Ike Taylor or Marlin Jackson..very easily imo

8. Rocky Mountain Stampede

Rocky Mountain Stampede Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What is the point of withholding that information? Do the Patriots not want agents to know one of their clients was a "Pro Bowl alternate" and use that against them in contract negotiations?

I don't see the rationale behind it.

9. Rocky Mountain Stampede

Rocky Mountain Stampede Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree Revis, Ike Taylor and Marlin Jackson are fine corners in their own right, but don't hate. Dre Bly had a Pro Bowl alternate worthy season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.