PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the team I think they are, they'll respond well with their backs against the wall.
I think so too but they still need their players out there.

With all due respect to tom curran, the patriots don't usually let seriously injured players talk to the media. It's probably not as serious as he thinks..,

I think so too but they still need their players out there.

Remember how the team looked after getting shellacked in Pitt? Down both starting CBs, how the hell could they possible slow down the terrific passing attack of the Rams? In the dome, no less?!

That's the kind of response I expect out of this team.

Remember how the team looked after getting shellacked in Pitt? Down both starting CBs, how the hell could they possible slow down the terrific passing attack of the Rams? In the dome, no less?!

That's the kind of response I expect out of this team.
Yeah but they had troy brown playing CB ;) . Plus those Rams were an egoistic badly coached team. Chargers are a tougher matchup.

If this is the team I think they are, they'll respond well with their backs against the wall.

I think they will. They are still one of the teams to beat in the league and every team uses them as a measuring stick. Lets pound the rock in this one

i also wanna see more run, we have punishing back in Blount, there is no excuse no to give this guy at least 20 touches.
Chargers are weak vs the run, I think our RBs will get a good amount of work
We thought the same against gb...

Agree completely. He dances around back and forth, then the line collapses on him. Gray hits the hole and goes, nothing fancy
Gray is Bolden with some more wiggle and better power and functional ability.

Last edited:
Them being on their 4th center should open the door for blitzes up the middle. Bring the house and see if they can hold. Not all the time. But they should be able to get more pressure on Rivers then they did rodgers.

I just see the pats coning out on fire this game. They play very well after a big loss and in prime time as well.
Rivers is no where near as mobile as Rodgers, this will be the biggest difference. There will be much less of VW at DE playing contain with the rest of the Dline on passing downs. Instead Vince (if on field instead of Siliga, who I assume is dressing with the Dodson IR) will be between tackles, doing his thing while Ayers, Ninkovich and possibly Jones on their ears back. If not Jones, Easley will be the "NASCAR-ESQUE" DT with VW.

The question to me is the offense and Hightower. We can't really afford to lose Hightower, and if he is as gimpy as portrayed by the media, I would like to see his snaps as limited as possible. Regarding the offense, I hope they don't disregard the shortcomings of last week. Against Indy, they ran it down their throats, with huge success and an unknown RB. Against detroit, threw all over them, as McDaniels likes to do. Against GB, abandon the run and force what McDaniels likes with limited success.

We need to stick with the run. Even if it fails early (I guess 3 straight rushes for a 3 and out is considered failing based on last week). I for one do not think rivers has the talent surrounding him to hit the 3rd receiver all game. Gates I'd presume will have a decent game, but u don't think will be game changing (see: Indy).

This is a big game for both parties, and I expect a dog fight. It could easily get out if hand early either way, but I do not see SD's D putting up as much resistance as I expect ours will.

Did Dennard really get any snaps outside? If not or even if he did...get Logan Ryan out of the outside position please

But Rodgers is a great QB and may win MVP. He exploited our weakness.
Yes, he was the victim of the third (?) down throw down for a completion in front of the side judge(literally) on a come back, yet no flag, minutes after the browner garbage. I'm not blaming the refs, just pointing out a terrible no call.

Last edited:
Green Bay had improved in run defense as of late.
Because Clay Matthews was moved to ILB. Run with Blount/Gray, especially with a jumbo set, and I think we gash them at will.

Draws/between the tackles to vereen with a heavy pass tendency and I think we are in trouble.

I think on Offense we should definitely be able to move the ball. They have 1 good cornerback in Flowers and I think they can be run on as well. On defense, I think Gates is going to be a big issue. Who covers him? We have trouble covering tight ends to begin with and he is one of the best. I wonder if we put Browner on him, but if we do, they have two good receivers and our 3rd corner had problems yesterday.
I still expect us to win, but I think it might be a high scoring game. Hopefully, we can get a few turnovers, Green Bay just doesn't turn the ball over!!!
Revis on Allen, Browner on Floyd. Collins with help on gates(be it chip at los, Chung playing behind a hard press, bracket coverage, etc). McCourty roaming behind all that. Branch and Vince seem to be doing a good job ruining run block schemes, and I'd bank on that until proven otherwise.

Again though, Hightower is a massive question mark given media injury reports from this week.

Yeah but they had troy brown playing CB ;) . Plus those Rams were an egoistic badly coached team. Chargers are a tougher matchup.

Yeah, they don't have anyone who can sling the ball quite like Vinatieri either, but I think they'll make do. :)

Rivers is 36-6 in december? Is that true?

I guess forums.chargers.com still holds a grudge. I got this when I tried to log in for the first time in four years...
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

As I recall, I got banned for making my location "Your mother's ass". They're a sensitive bunch over there.

Always listen to Grandma...

You're typical awkardly, somewhat disturbing Charger Fan.....

Yes, he was the victim of the third (?) down throw down for a completion in front of the side judge(literally) on a come back, yet no flag, minutes after the browner garbage. I'm not blaming the refs, just pointing out a terrible no call.

Pretty sure it was 2nd down..but still a big miss

Pretty sure it was 2nd down..but still a big miss
That was one of a few times I was yelled for waking up the baby screaming at the television. You may be right, either way it was garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes