PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well when is the word boycott going to start making the rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
g1gHa.jpg

Lol it always the "other" guy's fault. Its never us.

"well it wont work because of "those addicted fanatics". "they could never stop watching"

Please, its not "them" thats the problem, its US. Nevermind watching a game or two a week, most of us check this site umpteen times a day.

Hehe this whole thing ia making me loopy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I am totally pissed. Did not watch MNF. I dont know if I could miss a perfect record of not missing a Pats game in a very long time, But if this continues I just might. To see my beloved Pats get screwed, as well as their opponents, just might put me over the edge :mad:. I am not watching any non Pats games till this is over.

Goodell won't be shamed into ending this any quicker.

Us fans probably won't be able/willing to apply any financial pressure

Politicians likely won't (and shouldn't) intervene.

What is the hope? I guess the knowledge that at least a few owners care about the integrity of the game nearly as much as they do about not writing a big check. Maybe like with the players lockout, they can convince the rest of the owners to let some compromises get on the table, giving Goodell new orders.

I'm thinking of the Maras, the Rooneys, and especially Robert Kraft. others?

The problem with any fan action in the manner of a boycott is that Goodell would rightly view it as transient. Fans deeply invested enough in football to engage in any sort of organized protest are almost certain to flock back to the NFL once the lock-out is resolved.

Why shouldn't he, when there were no significant consequences to the league's growth from last year's lockout of the players?

Unfortunately, much how political campaigns are now most concerned with the undecided (aka low-information) voter, it's the disposition of the casual and potential fans that the NFL is most concerned with.

No one cares if you stop watching other games because you are still watching so there is no point. This is stupid because none of you suggestion boycotting are actually going to give anything up. That's like saying you are going to boycott a restaurant but you still order take to go. 'Sure I wont watch all your games but I'm still going to watch one. Take that NFL'.

And I'd love to see the players strike but they never will because despite how mad they are at the end of the week they are still getting paid thousand or hundreds of thousands of dollars. So you can forget them doing anything but just being frustrated like the rest of us.

The only way this will probably end immediately is if one of the officials is found to be betting on games. And despite their incompetence on the field I don't think they are so foolish.

Not everyone is mad about this

27324613.jpg

I am LOL'ing at this - thanks for making my night!

No prob Debs, it's been a crappy 2 weeks for all of us could use some laughs right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft