PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker: Super Bowl 50 probably made him sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is. 1000s of players have played in the NFL and have not won a Super Bowl, played in one or gotten past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Mankins and WW had outstanding careers as a Patriot. They played hard here and certainly were on teams good enough to win a championship or two. I wish that they had both won a ring here but oh well.

I kinda hate to throw their respective contract situations and their own play in the SB's that they participated in as one of the reasons why they don't have rings but.....I will. If Mankins and WW worked out deals to stay here and play well in the big games maybe the past would be different.

Yeah, and it makes you realizes just how loaded the team was in 2012.

It's crazy to think that Brady had all these weapons...........

Gronk
Welker
Hernandez
Edelman
Lloyd
Branch
Woodhead
Vereen

...of course I know that Gronk, Edelman, and Hernadez battled injuries at different times throughout the year.

even crazier, edelman was the least productive one in that year. amazing how he has progressed and improved as a WR.

sounds good...but.

Ground - injured in playoffs
Welker - big year
Hernandez - on and off injuries all season, missed games
Edelman - Not many snaps with TB, punt returner
Lloyd - decent season, no YAC
Branch - washed up and not the Branch that wore # 83
Woodhead - 3rd down receiver out of backfield. Very good RB
Vereen - Didn't see the field much because of the man in the line above.

going off memory and not using my buddy mr google, so could be a bit off

even crazier, edelman was the least productive one in that year. amazing how he has progressed and improved as a WR.
he couldn't get on the field because of the logjam - no snaps = no production.

No need to hate on Wes Welker IMO ......

No need to hate on Wes Welker IMO ......

Even for the pass that he missed. It was a tough catch on a ball that was thrown behind him. Not many other WRs would have even gotten a finger on it.

That's what you get for being a little b1tch. I have zero sympathy for him after the circus stunt he pulled when he left us to play for the donkeys.
Ex-act-ly.

Going to the Donkeys for less money was nothing but a big FU to the Patriots. He made his bed, now he can lie in it forever. I appreciate what he did in a Pats uni, but I don't feel bad for him one iota.

Even for the pass that he missed. It was a tough catch on a ball that was thrown behind him. Not many other WRs would have even gotten a finger on it.
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I put that one more on Brady.

Logan Mankins has his own pity story too. He was drafted in 2005 so he just missed the Pats 2004 title run and then he got traded away in training camp of 2014. Talk about bad luck.

I'll give Logan credit for playing through a torn ACL in SB 46, but his performance in SB 42 was historically bad so he really is partly to blame for that "bad luck".

Yeah, and it makes you realizes just how loaded the team was in 2012.

It's crazy to think that Brady had all these weapons...........

Gronk
Welker
Hernandez
Edelman
Lloyd
Branch
Woodhead
Vereen

...of course I know that Gronk, Edelman, and Hernadez battled injuries at different times throughout the year.

Although at the time Edelman, Branch and Vereen weren't quite Edelman, Branch and Vereen

sounds good...but.

Ground - injured in playoffs
Welker - big year
Hernandez - on and off injuries all season, missed games
Edelman - Not many snaps with TB, punt returner
Lloyd - decent season, no YAC
Branch - washed up and not the Branch that wore # 83
Woodhead - 3rd down receiver out of backfield. Very good RB
Vereen - Didn't see the field much because of the man in the line above.

going off memory and not using my buddy mr google, so could be a bit off

Yes, was more so just commenting on the overall talent that he had to work with. The numbers won't be there for all of them given some limited snaps, but to have a guys like Edelman and Vereen as your backups would equate to a well stacked team.

Sort of like James White this year. Had Dion Lewis not gotten hurt James White would have been an after thought, but he got an opportunity and did well.

Not as sick as this made me.

welker1.jpg

The lasting image I'll have of Welker is the Wally Pipp comment, "He can take it." It may not be fair to him to define a person by one sentence, but it does show the difference between a highly productive player and a highly productive winner.

Tom ---->Peyton
Edelman ----> Welker

It IS a shame Manning ended Wes' career a little prematurely. Wes not getting a SB ring could be seen as unfortunate (I guess), but I really hope his health problems aren't going to affect him just because Peyton can't see safeties.

The lasting image I'll have of Welker is the Wally Pipp comment, "He can take it." It may not be fair to him to define a person by one sentence, but it does show the difference between a highly productive player and a highly productive winner.

Tom ---->Peyton
Edelman ----> Welker

It IS a shame Manning ended Wes' career a little prematurely. Wes not getting a SB ring could be seen as unfortunate (I guess), but I really hope his health problems aren't going to affect him just because Peyton can't see safeties.

That quote doesn't matter me as much as others here. It was in context of punt returns and punt returners are more susceptible to hard hits and injuries. You want to minimize that kind of stuff to your best receiver. Even now, Edelman wasnt the primary PR. He did it in critical moments but most of the time it was danny back there, even though edelman is the better PR.

That quote doesn't matter me as much as others here. It was in context of punt returns and punt returners are more susceptible to hard hits and injuries. You want to minimize that kind of stuff to your best receiver. Even now, Edelman wasnt the primary PR. He did it in critical moments but most of the time it was danny back there, even though edelman is the better PR.
I 100% agree that YOU (we) want to minimize injuries to YOUR (our) best receiver... but as an athlete, you HAVE to have the mindset to take on any challenge.

What he's essentially saying is, "I don't want to be on the football field." Maybe it's because he got hit hard a few times... that's what happens on a football field. It wasn't an inexcusable action as a person, but as an athlete, you have to be full speed ahead.

Last edited:
if a practice squad player can get a ring, there should be some kind of "arrangement" by a team to certain players...
Edelman is Welker on steroids. The right man got the ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe