PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker Leaves Game With Knee Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad irony in all of this is that Pollard was the guy in coverage making the hit....remember him from last year folks? Now the cut looked to be what did it to welker, it's just odd that Pollard was the guy again!
Wow, great observation.

I am very confident Edelman can fill in for Welker. Can we win without Welker, I'm not sure. But I know Edelman can fill in fine.

I think you're overreacting. I love Welker as a football player and a Patriot. However this is a team sport. And perhaps Edelman will step up his game. The Tight ends have certainly been more involved.

Agree! However, the real shame here is there was NO reason Brady, Moss or Welker needed to play today. None!!! Brady didn't even play a full half. What was the point????

He's done

He knew it

We move on

Agree! However, the real shame here is there was NO reason Brady, Moss or Welker needed to play today. None!!! Brady didn't even play a full half. What was the point????
Get over it. The Colts had their starters in on the first drive too, as will most teams. Sh!t happens.

hindsight. cool bro

Welker was not hit when he hurt his knee.

Welker was not hit when he hurt his knee.
Yep, it could have happened just as easily as practice. I guess some will say the Patriots starters should have just stayed in bed until next week's games. No game, no practice, no nothing.

Can Edelman fill in for Welker at say 75% effectiveness? If so, that will go a very long way. So far he and TFB look like they're connecting well.

Yep, it could have happened just as easily as practice. I guess some will say the Patriots starters should have just stayed in bed until next week's games. No game, no practice, no nothing.

That's right, there is no one to blame here. If this happened in the 4th quarter we'd have a more legitimate gripe.

I like Edelman's YAC!

Can Edelman fill in for Welker at say 75% effectiveness? If so, that will go a very long way. So far he and TFB look like they're connecting well.
What we'll miss is the plays where Welker and Brady are on the same page and now, on occasion, Edelman won't be but Edelman is really good and just getting better. The very small bonus is this extra practice time will really accelerate Jules for next year although it's this year that matters now.

i feel very bad...very...

So far Edleman has 9 receptions for 94 yards (start of the 4th qtr)...Seems like the Pats have not missed a beat with Welker going down. I liked Edleman in the preseason. He showed similar instincts as Welker, and you still have Randy to double team.

If Welker is done for the season (hopeing not), I think Edleman can be very effective from the slot...

Thoughts????

Last edited:
That's right, there is no one to blame here. If this happened in the 4th quarter we'd have a more legitimate gripe.

I like Edelman's YAC!

exactly PJ...Welker is a great WR but it's not like we lost Brady...Edelman, running the same patterns out of the same slot already has six catches...and THIS against the desperate defense of Houston...no doubt the chicken littles will be going full blown panty wetting all week but the fact is as long as the O line is intact and the RB's and TE's healthy, the Pats should lose little in the way of offensive punch with Edelman in there

So far Edleman has 9 receptions for 94 yards (start of the 4th qtr)...Seems like the Pats have not missed a beat with Welker going down. I liked Edleman in the preseason. He showed similar instincts as Welker, and you still have Randy to double team.

If Welker is done for the season (hopeing not), I think Edleman can be very effective from the slot...

Thoughts????

my thoughts exactly...AND there is the PROOF by way of Edelman's performance against this desperate Houston defense

exactly PJ...Welker is a great WR but it's not like we lost Brady...Edelman, running the same patterns out of the same slot already has six catches...and THIS against the desperate defense of Houston...no doubt the chicken littles will be going full blown panty wetting all week but the fact is as long as the O line is intact and the RB's and TE's healthy, the Pats should lose little in the way of offensive punch with Edelman in there

Yep. I'm feeling a little better now than when I almost puked after reading the Wes update when I woke up to watch the game.

Bad news, and all the silver linings just make it a little less bad at best.

But before anybody bashes BB again, remember -- Welker was not particularly one of the walking wounded. This wasn't Brady's ribs or Moss's back or Neal's whatever getting reaggravated. This was an injury to a guy who to our knowledge had no more than a normal NFL player's lingering injuries.

If you'd chosen to sit 3 additional ready-to-go players as a precautionary measure, you probably wouldn't have put him on the list of 3.

planted, twisted...tore it up...there is NO protection AT ANY TIME from this type of injury..today's game...Wednesday's practice...Thursday's practice... next game...but the little know it all, BB second guesser brigade will no doubt be ranting and raving to the point of puking about this all week.

i think the injury is definitely as bad as it looks.

however, i have SUPEREME CONFIDENCE that Randy and co. will rise up.

Wes is D-U-N done. It's not so much the visible injury, but his reaction that tells you everything you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back