PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker Leaves Game With Knee Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be an act to fool Colts/Chargers? Remember the famous Pierce injury in Celtics playoffs?

Could it be an act to fool Colts/Chargers? Remember the famous Pierce injury in Celtics playoffs?

I doubt Welker would have been in tears on the sidelines if it was a ruse.

Last edited:
Hopefully, it's just a case of "looks worse than it is." But, I don't know. This seems very similar to Brady's injury last year, with him walking off the field under his own power and people hoping that was a sign that it wasn't too bad and he'd be back in a few weeks.

Its disrespectful and delusional to wes to think that Wes is "faking" or we are making an injury worse than it seems to "fool" another team. Please just stop.

I completely agree with this. Welker is such a good actor that he was able to do funny things with his knee on purpose and then actually summon real tears on the sideline. Definitely deserves an Oscar.

Lay off the panic button already. If anyone in this league comes back from this, it's Welker. If not, Edelman is a more than adequate replacement.

Can hear BB now: "Yea, Wes has been a good player for us all year, hopefully it's not too serious. We won't know until Monday. Right now we're just going to move on and get ready for our next opponent."

As much as I hope it's not too serious, it looked aweful. Add to that the fact that Welker was in tears on the sideline tells us all we need to know.

I'm prepping myself for the worst. Taking everything that happened into account I'd have to guess that he tore his ACL.

There's actually a pretty simple test to see if an ACL is torn. You put one hand on his calf and one hand on his leg above the knee and see if you can shift it side to side. If it's a torn ACL then they would have known right there while he was still laying on the field.

If that test confirmed the ACL tear, that would explain Welker getting choked up on the bench, knowing that his season was over.

Again, I'm guessing about an ACL injury but if I had to put money on one scenario it'd be the one I just spelled out.

No overreaction here--I'm still a fan and will hope the running games and other receivers will make up for Welker being out. But realistically this kills the Pats chances.

I'm prepping myself for the worst. Taking everything that happened into account I'd have to guess that he tore his ACL.

There's actually a pretty simple test to see if an ACL is torn. You put one hand on his calf and one hand on his leg above the knee and see if you can shift it side to side. If it's a torn ACL then they would have known right there while he was still laying on the field.

If that test confirmed the ACL tear, that would explain Welker getting choked up on the bench, knowing that his season was over.

Again, I'm guessing about an ACL injury but if I had to put money on one scenario it'd be the one I just spelled out.

98.5 The Sports Hub is reporting that it is an ACL injury

Welker is a true football player. He will play through pain if he can, and always want to win.

That said, his injury will put him on injured-reserve. Even if a sprain, will cost him many weeks to heal.

Essentially, Brady's security-blanket is lost for the playoffs.

Andleman, Watson, and Moss needs to step-up for the playoffs!

I can only hope that this forces bill o'brien's hand to seriously re-evaluate the playcalling because chucking it deep to moss and 30 throws to welker a game arent going to get us through the nfl playoffs.

Maybe the run will be more relied upon as well as more screens which is something that we have completely turned away from it seems.

Welker is a true football player. He will play through pain if he can, and always want to win.

That said, his injury will put him on injured-reserve. Even if a sprain, will cost him many weeks to heal.

Essentially, Brady's security-blanket is lost for the playoffs.

Andleman, Watson, and Moss needs to step-up for the playoffs!

Who the hell's Andleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey