PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker, Hobbs, and Ruud off PUP [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Welker & Hobbs off PUP

After this week's rumors this is very good news about Welker.

I guess he didn't really injure his groin in Bruschi's S&M video?

(I probably shouldn't joke, I'll end up quoted as a "source" before you know it....)

Re: Welker About to Return, maybe today

Hmmm. I remember an influx of new Patriots fans after the 2001 season. Apparently there are also folks who became fans during the 18-0 run.

For some past history: the Pats have won superbowls without Moss but did not win one with him.

In 2001 we only had one decent receiver, and after a couple games he was inactivated. Brown and Patten stepped up.

If Moss or Welker can't play, whoever is next will have to step up.

ouch! that really hurt. (you're wrong). But I hope you're right that Gaff or CJ or someone else could fill Moss or Welker's shoes if either go down. Think the jury might be out on that one.

Cool now we get to see Hobbs out there with the other guys who have been batling to start. I think CB is starting to shape into a nice group.

Great news, I fully expected Hobbs to start the year on the PUP. It will be interesting to see if is capable of making hard cuts and the stops and starts.

Cool now we get to see Hobbs out there with the other guys who have been batling to start. I think CB is starting to shape into a nice group.

I agree. Here's a question for the dollars-and-cents folks: does Asante Samuel's contract exceed what the Pats are paying for their entire defensive backfield?

I agree. Here's a question for the dollars-and-cents folks: does Asante Samuel's contract exceed what the Pats are paying for their entire defensive backfield?

I am not the dollars and cents guy but I doubt more than the whole backfield maybe more than the CB group.

Asante Samuel 2009 Cap Charge: $9,145,000

Rodney Harrison ($3 mil), Ellis Hobbs ($1.46), Fernando Bryant (.730), Lewis Sanders (.730), James Sanders (.927), Jonathan Wilhite (.295), Terrence Wheatley (.295), Mike Richardson (.295), Brandon Meriweather (.370), Jason Webster (.730), and Tank Williams (.605): $9,437,000

One of those cornerbacks isn't making this team, so, yes, he does.

Rodney Harrison ($3 mil), Ellis Hobbs ($1.46), Fernando Bryant (.730), Lewis Sanders (.730), James Sanders (.927), Jonathan Wilhite (.295), Terrence Wheatley (.295), Mike Richardson (.295), Brandon Meriweather (.370), Jason Webster (.730), and Tank Williams (.605): $9,437,000

Now that's banana's. Seriously.

I guess he didn't really injure his groin in Bruschi's S&M video?

(I probably shouldn't joke, I'll end up quoted as a "source" before you know it....)

Don't be too hard on yourself, you gave me my best laugh of the week!

So I guess we can lock that inane "We're Doomed, Welker is Injured" thread.

Glad to see Rudd have a shot. PS is the best he can hope for unless the dreaded IR hangnail injury strikes the kid.

I say, realizing their egregious error, the Patriots will swallow their pride and bite the bullet by trading their entire defensive backfield to the Eagles in exchange for Asante Samuel. The Pats will then employ a very controversial defensive package from which Asante will cover every wide receiver and tight-end at once while every linebacker and defensive lineman on the roster is used as a pass rusher. Stunningly the defensive package known as "the QB detonator" is a rousing success. Asante goes on to pick off 3 out of every 4 passes thrown anywhere beyond 5 yards down field. He will finish the season with 76 interceptions, 4 tackles, 2 pass deflections (hey, he drops a couple, he is human), and 34 Defensive touchdowns. He makes the Pro-bowl after securing seven million, four hundred and fifty thousand, eight hundred and two votes. Upon arrival, the star CB quickly renames Hawaii "Asante's Assland" and impregnates every of-age Hawaiian woman, including grandmothers and hairy fatties, before going on to become the Pro-Bowl MVP with 23 interceptions and 18 defensive touchdowns.

Woe are the Iggles.

Wow. That's absolutely incredible!

So next week it's Hobbs on Moss and Wheatley on Welker. Wheatley better take off his jumping shoes and put on his dancing shoes.

So next week it's Hobbs on Moss and Wheatley on Welker. Wheatley better take off his jumping shoes and put on his dancing shoes.

Great observation. Let's hope the kid doesn't opt for 'early retirement'. :)

Thought so -- I was eyeballing PatsCap a week or two ago and came to that conclusion, but was too lazy to do the actual math. :)

I like the early returns on the DBs so far, but there's a bit of comparison to last year's WR crew in the preponderance of 1-year and end-year deals--Sanders, Harrison, Bryant & Webster. So in 2009, the backfield could easily cost as much as 1.5 Asantes! :p

Re: Welker, Hobbs, and Ruud off PUP

Damn it! I listened to Tommy Rider and went to Vegas and bet all my savings that Welker would be out the entire season.

Welcome back White Wes Welkah!

ouch! that really hurt. (you're wrong). But I hope you're right that Gaff or CJ or someone else could fill Moss or Welker's shoes if either go down. Think the jury might be out on that one.

He's wrong? Your the one claiming Moss is 6'6:rolleyes: You don't even know the guys height.

I say, realizing their egregious error, the Patriots will swallow their pride and bite the bullet by trading their entire defensive backfield to the Eagles in exchange for Asante Samuel. The Pats will then employ a very controversial defensive package from which Asante will cover every wide receiver and tight-end at once while every linebacker and defensive lineman on the roster is used as a pass rusher. Stunningly the defensive package known as "the QB detonator" is a rousing success. Asante goes on to pick off 3 out of every 4 passes thrown anywhere beyond 5 yards down field. He will finish the season with 76 interceptions, 4 tackles, 2 pass deflections (hey, he drops a couple, he is human), and 34 Defensive touchdowns. He makes the Pro-bowl after securing seven million, four hundred and fifty thousand, eight hundred and two votes. Upon arrival, the star CB quickly renames Hawaii "Asante's Assland" and impregnates every of-age Hawaiian woman, including grandmothers and hairy fatties, before going on to become the Pro-Bowl MVP with 23 interceptions and 18 defensive touchdowns.

Woe are the Iggles.

Haha. This is great. Had me laughing out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News