PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welch released, Tarpinian to PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we signed the guy and released him in the same day........ Damn BB is ruthless :D

So we signed the guy and released him in the same day........ Damn BB is ruthless :D

Don't forget that he got a game check for that one day! Thats NFL minimum / 17 ... not a bad days work and he got the best seat in the house to watch Brady's record setting performance.

Re: Tarpanian clears waivers is on PS.

So all the guys we released to keep him got picked up and then he doesn't? Obviously Bill is playing 3-Dimensional Chess and the rest of the league is playing tiddly-winks. When he's a pro-bowler 2 years from now I'm going to laugh my ass off.

He didn't get picked up because he was an UDFA who played little if at all during the preseason, there was no tape of him and like in college he was injured the majority of training camp. What game was BB playing when he kept Tarpinian over Maneri? Nobody's rooting against the kid, it just seemed like he didn't do anything to earn a roster spot. He wasn't a 1st rounder who didn't play, he was an undrafted rookie. I hope he's a pro bowler in two years also but let him earn a roster spot like Fletcher and Love did the year before.

Last edited:
This is great news ... i would assume he will be groomed as a safety and let's watch and see.
Isn't Welch a little big for a safety, or is this one of those marvelous thread merges where half the posts don't make sense.

I kid, I kid, I just love thread mergers.:D

Don't forget that he got a game check for that one day! Thats NFL minimum / 17 ... not a bad days work and he got the best seat in the house to watch Brady's record setting performance.

Solid point...... That's about $22k, not a bad day at all I suppose.

I'm confused. Was Tarp signed to the Practice Squad, or not?

Re: Tarpanian clears waivers is on PS.

What game was BB playing when he kept Tarpinian over Maneri?

Duh, Three-Dimensional Chess, I thought I covered that.

But seriously he obviously sees something in the kid.

Patriots Roster Shuffle Continues, Release Welch

Patriots Roster Shuffle Continues, Release Welch
By: Derek Havens

One day after promoting offensive tackle Thomas Welch from the practice squad to the game-day roster, the Patriots have released him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes