PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week One NFL Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-6 weeks for Dez. Patriots game is 4 weeks away.

Seeing a tweet by Mike Petraglia on the right:

Should the Giants have intentionally missed the FG? Up 3, the Cowboys would have had less incentive to try to score a touchdown. Once in FG range and only down by 3, the Cowboys would have been more inclined to play it safe, knowing they could tie it up with a FG to send it to overtime.

Interersting...thoughts?

If your not gonna take the sack and kick the FG

Should have just run it from the 1 twice. Worst case they get the ball on the 1 with ~ 30 sec left. Best case TD game over.

Cosmically bad situational football. We are so lucky to have BB. No wonder the other 31 hate us :D

Seeing a tweet by Mike Petraglia on the right:

Should the Giants have intentionally missed the FG? Up 3, the Cowboys would have had less incentive to try to score a touchdown. Once in FG range and only down by 3, the Cowboys would have been more inclined to play it safe, knowing they could tie it up with a FG to send it to overtime.

Interersting...thoughts?
That's like being up two and bricking a free throw so the other team doesn't have any incentive to go for three.

You take the points, limit their options, and ******* stop them.

Week 4 suddenly looking a lot better.
Yep... They'll really be able to load up to stop the run, and won't have to respect the pass very much. Their top receiver will be Terrance Williams... I don't foresee Butler having an issue with him.

Oh too bad, out for Patriots game. What an unfortunate event given how supportive Mr Jones has been to Mr Brady.
Funny how Jones applauded the decision for Brady to be out. Not only will Brady likely be there (barring you know what), he also will likely be without his star. Should have kept your mouth shut, Jerry.

Last edited:
Cosmically bad situational football. We are so lucky to have BB. No wonder the other 31 hate us :D

Remember the pre-halftime scrum in the Wind Bowl game?

To answer the question in the YouTube title: Yes he did.

I understand the NFLPA is like lawyers and obligated to defend their members when they get arrested, when they punch their girlfriends, and yes even when they are falsely accused of being generally aware of something which didn't happen.

But what I don't understand is why when 1 member of the union is constantly playing with fire with regards to the careers of other members of the union, why do they defend him??

Funny how Jones applauded the decision for Brady to be out. Not only will Brady likely be there (barring you know what), he also will likely be without his star. Should have kept your mouth shut, Jerry.

Karma is a bi&ch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...e-of-peyton-manning-and-denver-022428022.html

Manning was a little prickly when answering questions about the offense’s struggles after the game.

“It’s Week 1. We’re a work in progress,“ Manning said, according to Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post. “If you need a catchy headline for your little article or whatever it is you might be doing, ‘We’re trying to get better every single week.’ What’s another cliché I can think of? ‘We’re chipping away.’ Something along those lines.”

To answer the question in the YouTube title: Yes he did.

I understand the NFLPA is like lawyers and obligated to defend their members when they get arrested, when they punch their girlfriends, and yes even when they are falsely accused of being generally aware of something which didn't happen.

But what I don't understand is why when 1 member of the union is constantly playing with fire with regards to the careers of other members of the union, why do they defend him??

Because that's what a union does.

Let's just say that a union member commits a crime that is worthy of his being fired, and there is absolute proof. The union is still obligated to at least ensure that the employers follow whatever termination procedures have been agreed upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes