PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week One NFL Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow couglin is complaining about the timeout given back to the timeout ??? he got the clock reset to 40 secs for no reason but he forgets that?
Of course it's that and not the fact that they decided to throw that pass. LOL

I'll have to disagree only because of what was at stake.
The magnitude of the game has nothing to do with the in-game decision though. Clearly the coaching staff didn't tell Eli to turtle if it wasn't open. No way he ignored them and threw it away. Wtf? Just terrible situational football.

wow couglin is complaining about the timeout given back to the timeout ??? he got the clock reset to 40 secs for no reason but he forgets that?
Well, to be charitable, he's shellshocked.

Honestly, I don't even take their SB wins seriously. I respect their defense from 2007 but that's it... everything else about what happened in those games are just massive flukes to me.
Be that as it may, it still is in the record books and they still stopped 19-0.

The magnitude of the game has nothing to do with the in-game decision though. Clearly the coaching staff didn't tell Eli to turtle if it wasn't open. No way he ignored them and threw it away. Wtf? Just terrible situational football.
To me it does. One cost you a chance to be back-to-back SB champs and the other, while it sucks it's a division game, you can recover from. I know the point you are trying to make, but we'll just disagree on this one. The stakes make all the difference to me in hindsight.

dez bryant broken foot

Seeing a tweet by Mike Petraglia on the right:

Should the Giants have intentionally missed the FG? Up 3, the Cowboys would have had less incentive to try to score a touchdown. Once in FG range and only down by 3, the Cowboys would have been more inclined to play it safe, knowing they could tie it up with a FG to send it to overtime.

Interersting...thoughts?

The night ended well because I'll take a loss by either the Giants or the Cowboys. It doesn't matter to me.

Should the Giants have intentionally missed the FG? Up 3, the Cowboys would have had less incentive to try to score a touchdown. Once in FG range and only down by 3, the Cowboys would have been more inclined to play it safe, knowing they could tie it up with a FG to send it to overtime.

Interersting...thoughts?
Trying to miss the FG is stupid. You want to make them score a touchdown.

They lost the game when Eli threw the ball away instead of sliding to the ground. It was a moronic move that cost them a W.

Besides, to make the suggestion more moronic, why would you "try to miss the FG" when you could instead just go for it from the 1? Either you score the TD and the game is over, or you fail to score and get the same result as "trying to miss the FG."

Interersting...thoughts?
Sometimes the easy answer is the right answer. You expect the giants who were dumb enough to not run the football to actually think that deep ?

Interersting...thoughts?
Huh? Why not just go for it on 4th down?

Interersting...thoughts?
No stupid idea. If anything run 4 straight times from the 1. Up 10 the games over, turnover on downs, Dallas has to go 99 yards in under 1 minute with no timeouts to win and 65 yards for a FG to tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes