PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week One NFL Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton trying to cause a PI. Go figure.

Don't read too much into week one. Remember 2003 when the Bills crushed the Pats 31-0 and then went 4-12 while the Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. The first week has a lot of aberrations.

Keyword being "too much".

Because this is the same Manning we saw that ended the season, maybe even worse and us as Pats fans have seen 4 times in the last 3 years how much of a glass jaw the colts have and how soft they are.

I swear if I see that Odell catch one more friggin time....my god they couldn't beat it to death more if they tried.

That Denver D looks awesome. Very aggressive.

Yep. But lets see how long they can keep that pace up. I doubt they will be able to be as aggressive on thursday at Arrowhead.

There is a good chance they start the season 0-2 which would already put them 2 wins behind at least KC and the usual discontent will start brewing over there. Could be bitter season for Denver fans.

I swear if I see that Odell catch one more friggin time....my god they couldn't beat it to death more if they tried.

Don't watch SNF tonight then.

Keyword being "too much".

Because this is the same Manning we saw that ended the season, maybe even worse and us as Pats fans have seen 4 times in the last 3 years how much of a glass jaw the colts have and how soft they are.

There are things you can take from week one. It has to backed up with trends though.

I think the Colts getting punched in the mouth and crumbling is something we have seen time and time again. I think Manning looking like an Old Manning rather than THE Old Manning is a trend from last year.

Shoulders were made for greatness, not for dandruff."

Really? That's the best they could come up with? God, I hope he gets his ass whooped tonight.

Yep. But lets see how long they can keep that pace up. I doubt they will be able to be as aggressive on thursday at Arrowhead.

There is a good chance they start the season 0-2 which would already put them 2 wins behind at least KC and the usual discontent will start brewing over there. Could be bitter season for Denver fans.
Remember last yr and yr before when everyone thought KC would win at home vs denver ? until i see reid and alex smith do it i dont believe it.

Don't read too much into week one. Remember 2003 when the Bills crushed the Pats 31-0 and then went 4-12 while the Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. The first week has a lot of aberrations.

And beat the Bills in Week 17. . . . 31–0.

Chargers coming back.

Talib grabbing the jersey, no foul

bleeping ravens cant make a 3rd and 3. Broncos defense is very fast.

I feel bad for Phil Simms, he must be exhasuted by now with all the time he's spent on his knees talking about Manning and Jumpball Joe...

Chargers missed extra point. Second extra point so far I think?(other was Houston)

I feel bad for Phil Simms, he must be exhasuted by now with all the time he's spent on his knees talking about Manning and Jumpball Joe...

He so desperately is coming up with reasons why Manning playing like crap isn't really his fault and he is really playing well.

41-7 titans. Lol at lovie smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference