PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 8: Vikings at Pats pre-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree: this year we will have to suffer for any victory i think...

but to be 5-1 now is really really good considering how the schedule looked , and still looks, tough

but defense is playing much more better then what i honestly expected: a good signal imho

You're right, IPTP -- we'll take the wins however they come and the Pats have beaten some good teams.

Funny how after the Ravens game everyone was high -- Pats were terrible in the first half and then got it together in the fourth quarter/OT. Last week, they dominated the first half but gradually lost their grip as the game went on. But they WON those two games -- narrowly, yes, but they were wins. I will be delighted if they win easily today -- but very surprised!

And MLR makes a good point. It's sunny but cool and breezy in Boston at the moment. Probably going to be a lot less pleasant in five or six hours time.

One of the draws for Brett was the dome in Minnesota as he has tended to fade down the stretch in colder outdoor climates as he ages...
I was thinking the same thing earlier but i dismissed it because i'm not sure its really cold enough to affect them.

It sucks if it's windy because that in my mind will, right or wrong, get Favre to play within the system.

I predict the Vikes are going to the ground today and take their shots long when they should, i.e. third and long. It is at that point basically a punt but at the same time you have receivers that can go up and either get the ball or draw the flag.

This game is gonna be a tough one.

Last edited:
You can't write off the Vikings - this is a very talented, under-performing team. Near unanimous media picks favoring the Pats always make me uneasy.

I also believe the difference is coaching. At the end of last season, the Pats team chemistry was way off and Tom Brady called it a bad season at 10-6. The Vikings always feel like that despite having talented players all over the field. No way should the Vikings not have gone to the Super Bowl last year (how many turnovers in a game that was still close?), yet the team with most of the same players returning has looked unprepared and poorly coached to a 2-4 start.

I believe the Pats can win any game, but I expect this will be tough, as will most games this season. This is not a cupcake schedule by any means.

Re: A warning.

I thought it was unimaginative and mediocre at best, but that's just me. It reminded me of monotonous high school level jock humor. Oh well, where tha heck do I think I'm posting anyway? Not a board full of deep thinkers, that's fer shur, sociologically speaking.

Pip pip cheerio good chap!

Nobody bothers to mention Adrian Petersen. He can get 250 yards and 4 rushing touchdowns and put the Patriots rushing defense in last place all by himself.

Well, I was thinking Moliere a tad more than Voltaire, but he works too.

Tally-ho and champagne wishes to both of you up there, just the same.

Well done, chaps. Touche. I stand impeccably corrected. lol.

Per Vikings twitter, Favre is active and will be starting (just in case anyone had any doubt.)

no chung or page today. weak safety depth vs AP and moss...ugh

Well, I was thinking Moliere a tad more than Voltaire, but he works too.

Tally-ho and champagne wishes to both of you up there, just the same.

Well done, chaps. Touche. I stand impeccably corrected. lol.
Ha, no worries. It's hard to blame anyone for getting sick of the lowbrows on this board, anyways. (Not that I'm completely innocent or anything.)

Maybe that "this board is dumb" notion is getting cliche now, but sometimes cliches repeat themselves for a reason.

Favre's stat line will probably resemble this: 7-13 97 yds. 0 TD 1 (INT/Fumble).

In all honesty I can't see why they would throw if Old Man Gimpy can move around even less than he normally could.

Re: Is Harvin more of a threat than Moss?

Well I guess that would be a yes. Moss looked anemic today...but I would still love to see him return to the Patriots...

I Harvin had a real coach like Belichick he would leading the league in all purpose yards right now.

Well I guess that would be a yes. Moss looked anemic today...but I would still love to see him return to the Patriots...

The Patriots took Moss away precisely because he was a bigger threat than Harvin.

Does anyone realize that the Pats had the pick right after Harvin was drafted by Minny?. As soon as it happened and he was off the board, Belichick traded back (at least once, maybe twice) and for Chung at the top of the 2nd.

That is no coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore