PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 6 at Seattle Seahawks.... piece of cake, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should take any game seriously. Other teams come to play, too, and actually have decent players. I've been saying for weeks that Seattle won't be an easy game. But there's certainly no reason to think that we shouldn't be able to prevail if we play well. The Seahawks don't have much of an offense, and our offense has too many weapons for anyone to stop if we play well.

Well when healthy, our offense has too many weapons for anyone to stop, but right now Gronk, Ahern, Mankins, and Vollmer are banged up, along with a few others, including Hightower on defense.

Sure hope we get a handle on this and won't be fighting injuries all season, but it seems like we always are.

I totally this as a low scoring affair. 20 points wins this game

Last edited:
Anyone thinking this game will be easy has not watched the Seahawks much. Their defense is fantastic. It's the type of defense we've struggled against too.

Next week's game will arguably be our toughest of the year.

maybe just me but i'd rather play seaducks than ravens ;)

Last edited:
Gonna be a tough game Hostile stadium. Hope for the best.

Seattle offense:

6th in rushing offense at 140/game

However

3rd in rushing attempts at 172
13th in YPC at 4.1

32nd in passing offense at 163 YPG
T-29th with the JETS at 4.7 YPA

If Bill only has to take away one thing from a team that team is in trouble and if that's the running game they're pure screwed. We don't turn it over and they don't score more than 10 points.

Seattle defense:

5th in passing defense 192/YPG
4th in rushing defense 66/YPG
5th in sacks at 17
17th in TO's 3 picks + 4 fumble recoveries

The defense is legit. I'm going to be really interested in the game plan for this one. If Hernandez is healthy I look for both he and Gronk to have big weeks and I see them using play action more this week to slow down the Hawks pass rush.

Pats 24-10, 20-7 or something in that range.

Last edited:
Unless the Texans post a shutout tomorrow (entirely possible, btw) we'll have the number 1 scoring defense in the league. We're not number one in yards (although still towards the top in both rushing and passing), but games aren't won or lost by yards. Offenses just don't really score on us. It's all about our offense, and I expect them to continue on the path to improvement, especially in front of the home crowd. The Patriots have the 24th ranked passing defense and are prone to giving up passing touchdowns. I think this is the perfect game for Russ & the boys to really break out and show what they're capable of.

This team is about to hit it's stride. The Patriots have no idea what they're getting themselves into. I almost feel sorry for them.

Seahawks.NET - The Essential Seahawks Community Forum • View topic - Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

The backfield for the Pats is going to get shocked by the 'hawks D. I don't think they can handle the tenacity this team plays with. They've played Baltimore, and teams with good defenses, but this Seahawk's D is on a whole new level. Look forward to those young guys VS the Hawks Defense, and the frustration that should ensue. That just means more Brady passes, but I look forward to seeing him test the mettle/make up of The Legion and the guys up front. Keeping an eye on Wagner, like what I'm seeing this kid develop into thus far.

Seahawks.NET - The Essential Seahawks Community Forum • View topic - Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

I'm going to that game so the Pats had better crush them!

I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers still has nightmares about Seattle's defensive line.

With the pass protection struggles that the Patriots displayed in the second half, this is certainly cause for concern.

Seattle has an excellent defense and the best home field advantage in the NFL.

That being said, it seems some of their fans are going a bit overboard with their enthusiasm of achieving a 3-2 record. Actually it's difficult to remember that they're 3-2 since so many of their fans keep referring to their team as already being 4-2. I'm also having trouble following the logic that they will beat the Pats because NE lost to Arizona ... when their team also lost to the Cardinals.

:confused:

Seahawks.NET - The Essential Seahawks Community Forum - Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

The Seahawks lost to the Rams and the Cardinals, were gifted a win against Green Bay, beat a wildly inconsistent Dallas team and also defeated a very bad Carolina team. Before the season began I thought this would be a very difficult game for the Pats, and still feel the same way. Their defense is very, very good. I just think that collectively their fan base seems to be overly confident and biased. People accuse others here of being homers all the time; it's nothing like what's going on over there.

No offense to them, but it's like the movie Groundhog Day; it seems as if I hear and read the same identical reasons why an opponent will beat the Pats from a new fan base game after game, week after week, year after year.

Could the Seahawks win?

With that defense, absolutely; of course they could.

Is it likely that the Seahawks win?

No; it is more likely that the Pats will win.

Last edited:
Next week's game will arguably be our toughest of the year.

I would wager this isn't even close. 49ers and Texans are much tougher matchups.

We should take any game seriously. Other teams come to play, too, and actually have decent players. I've been saying for weeks that Seattle won't be an easy game. But there's certainly no reason to think that we shouldn't be able to prevail if we play well. The Seahawks don't have much of an offense, and our offense has too many weapons for anyone to stop if we play well.

'We' don't need to take anything seriously.

The seahawks have a tough defense and they are tough at home....I don't think this team will have a problem getting up for them.

then again, they have not beaten anyone hwo is playing well

Their O is bad besides lynch...bad

Keep Brady upright and we win I think. The overconfidence of Seahawks fans is hilarious. They're drunk off their team's koolaid.

Last edited:
As a Seahawks fan, this game scares me. Patriots offense looked unstoppable the last two weeks. I only hope is the old adage holds true about how good defense > good offense.

Our offense has looked anemic. With that said, I wouldn't overlook our passing game. Wilson started getting in rhythm after those two 3rd Q interceptions yesterday and looks more confident each week. He may be due for a breakout performance, and it could happen against a Patriots pass defense that allows almost 300 yds per game. You may over-focus on stopping the Seahawks' rushing attack, and expose yourself to big plays downfield.

I've seen several Seahawks fans on that board bring up losing to Baltimore and citing Baltimores defense being the reason as if we didn't put up 30 points. That's just straight up stupid.

Last edited:
Our Pass D will be helped becasue of them not being able to throw the ball..at all. Stack up aganst the run...Pats will score 27+

Alot of those fans act as if facing the pats is a cake walk...

Last edited:
This team is about to hit it's stride. The Patriots have no idea what they're getting themselves into. I almost feel sorry for them.

Do they not know how bad their passing game is?

Their fans are underestimating the Pats D way too much. They think that it is still the same old vanilla D who has the worst secondary in the league AND a mediocre front 7. I've read a lot of the word "physical" in that thread well I think after this game they will now the name "Spikes" pretty well and will associate him with the word physical.

Btw some pointed out that how the Pats lost to the only good D's they've faced. I must admit the Seahawks beaten plenty of top NFL teams. A choking Romo, a catch that ended the ref lockout and a QB with a kind of a sophomore slump.

I now want the Pats to really crush them. If you have a good opponent you should respect him. They clearly don't do that enough otherwise they weren't so sure that they will win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back