PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 6 at Seattle Seahawks.... piece of cake, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't quite understand the response. Care to elaborate? Sports media hype?

Apparently the vast sports media conspiracy extends to the Seahawks locker room, because Marshawn Lynch is a part of it.

Sorry, I stopped reading after that. How's that coolaid? :rofl:

Are you claiming that Marshawn Lynch doesn't know what he's talking about?

BTW, the NFL admitted that PI should have been called.

Agree. Right now, RW is indeed mediocre. But, he's been getting better, and he's faced some tough defenses in the first few games.

I, being on the other side of the fence, would be shocked if the Patriots scored 35 points.

RW is one of the five worst starting QBs in the NFL right now. On what planet does that qualify as mediocre? Even adjusting for the fact that you're judging him in comparison to Tavaris Jackson, it still doesn't add up.

Don't quite understand the response. Care to elaborate? Sports media hype?

Tell me that the masses and the media would've reacted the same way if it weren't for 3 weeks of frustration from scab refs, and if it wasn't A-Rod and the mighty GB Packers on the losing end of the stick.

Yeah, I've read that article too. To this day, nobody knows the source of that information. It could just be a rumor for all I know. Besides, Marshawn Lynch is a running back, not an official.

NFL upholds Seahawks' disputed win over Packers - Los Angeles Local News, Weather, and Traffic
The NFL said Seattle's last-second touchdown pass of the "Monday Night Football" game should not have been overturned in the 14-12 victory - but acknowledged Seahawks receiver Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference before the catch.

I thought everyone was aware that even the official that made the call now says that it was wrong.

Asked if he would stick by his call after seeing the replay, Elliott said: "I'd probably call interception. I learned a rule by screwing up the rule."

Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy reaches out to controversial ref Wayne Elliott - ESPN

Plus the NFL says it was absolutely wrong not to call offensive PI.

The NFL had to back the INT call because otherwise they would bring up the scenario of reversing a replay ruling that ended a game, which would logically lead to a precedent-setting proposal of reversing the outcome of a game a day after it was played. They do not want that to ever happen.

Last edited:
Source? Or is that just your opinion?

27th in passer rating
31st in yards/game
29th in passing yards
30th in yards/attempt
29th in completions

He is 16th in completion percentage, so he does one thing on an near-average level.

Since mediocre, as defined by Webster, means "of moderate ability or value" I would say he needs a great deal of improvement to be considered mediocre.

27th in passer rating
31st in yards/game
29th in passing yards
30th in yards/attempt
29th in completions

He is 16th in completion percentage, so he does one thing on an near-average level.

Since mediocre, as defined by Webster, means "of moderate ability or value" I would say he needs a great deal of improvement to be considered mediocre.

Be careful what you wish for. He will be facing our secondary this Sunday.

27th in passer rating
31st in yards/game
29th in passing yards
30th in yards/attempt
29th in completions

Ok, fair enough. When he lights up your secondary for 300 yds and 4 TDs this sunday, I guess that may put him in the "mediocre" category. ;)

4 TDs in one game would be a little exceptional for someone having 5 TDs in five games, don't you think?

Ok, fair enough. When he lights up your secondary for 300 yds and 4 TDs this sunday, I guess that may put him in the "mediocre" category. ;)

Not really. Our secondary comes pre-lit.

You realize that even if you are in the fringe minority that accepts the call of a catch / non-INT as correct, the NFL says that offensive pass interference should have been called and thus the Packers should have won the game.

You do realize that, right?

Pass interference is not reviewable, so it was a tidy way for the NFL to admit that the game was unfairly given to the Seabags while not doing anything about it (thus not opening the can of worms of whether outcomes of games will ever be changed after the fact)

Last edited:
You realize that even if you are in the fringe minority that accepts the call of a catch / non-INT as correct, the NFL says that offensive pass interference should have been called and thus the Packers should have won the game.

You do realize that, right?

Pass interference is not reviewable, so it was a tidy way for the NFL to admit that the game was unfairly given to the Seabags while not doing anything about it (thus not opening the can of worms of whether outcomes of games will ever be changed after the fact)

Of course. I also realize that offensive PI is rarely, if ever called in hail mary situations. I also know that these replacement refs were trained NOT to call offensive PI in such situations.

You can read between the lines any which way you please. If it was such a clear cut play, there would be zero ambiguity and zero argument regardless of whether you are a Packer fan, a Seahawk fan, or don't care either way. But fact is, it is debatable. Fact is, the replacement side judge who signaled TD stands by his call. Fact is, the NFL could have easily said it was a bad call and move on (they have before with other bad calls).

Of course. I also realize that offensive PI is rarely, if ever called in hail mary situations. I also know that these replacement refs were trained NOT to call offensive PI in such situations.

You can read between the lines any which way you please. If it was such a clear cut play, there would be zero ambiguity and zero argument regardless of whether you are a Packer fan, a Seahawk fan, or don't care either way. But fact is, it is debatable. Fact is, the replacement side judge who signaled TD stands by his call. Fact is, the NFL could have easily said it was a bad call and move on (they have before with other bad calls).

main-troll.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back