PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 NFL Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chargers have been absolutely TERRIBLE against the Chiefs at home. Rivers did not have a touchdown pass in the entire game. But despite their best efforts, they actually don't lose and win the game

The Chargers have been absolutely TERRIBLE against the Chiefs at home. Rivers did not have a touchdown pass in the entire game. But despite their best efforts, they actually don't lose and win the game

we're so bad vs a good pass rush, and just in general, we make so many mistakes

thank god it was only kc or we wouldn't be 2-1 whew

Jets down 3 with 50 seconds left and have to kick off. Onsides kick?

Lol Jets. The only solace I can take from today.

Woops NOT a TD upon review!

SOJ!

Seymor still helping us :)

Well at if the Pats were going to lose..at least the jets lost as well

Pats & Jests tied for 2nd in AFCE 2-1 behind the Bills 3-0 juggernaught!

Will Sporano last the season in Miami?

Last edited:
Right.

Atleast Jets lost as well. Bills are the best team in the division as we speak. Wow, that felt weird but good job Bills. They earned it

thank god jests lost.

makes our loss feel a little better since we're both 2-1

I really don't see how anybody will beat the packers this year. They are the only team in the NFL that has a great offense and great defense.

I really don't see how anybody will beat the packers this year. They are the only team in the NFL that has a great offense and great defense.

But how can they win? The Bears got Peppers and all Patsfans knows that Peppers at any cost in picks and cap would have solved the Patriots defensive problems.

I just hope we don't make Jason Campbell look like Kenny Stabler.

Unfortunately with the new roughing the flag football passer rules interpretations we won't need the Ghost of Ben Dreith to screw us

The Packers Gave up 475+ yards in their first two games. They were right next to us in yardage allowed before this game. If that's great, then we shouldn't complain about our defense. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately with the new roughing the flag football passer rules interpretations we won't need the Ghost of Ben Dreith to screw us

And with Vick and the Eagles complaining about not getting any roughing calls today, the refs are only gonna call them closer. :bricks:

Great defense? LOL!! This is the same defense that gave up almost 500 yards to the Saints and 416 yards to Newton? Up until today they were at the bottom of the barrel with us. Cutler isn't really the sharpest tool in the shed either.

I'm starting to worry with the direction the NFL is headed defense wise. Wr's are going over the middle more and more with no fear due to all the rule changes. Alligator arms are becoming obsolete. They can't bump, hit or hold aggressively. {unless your Revis}It's all in the offenses corner right now.

Besides so called Green Bay, name me an elite defense. Lions? Little young still. Pittsburgh?old. Baltimore? Shaky at times.

Rapid Reaction: Raiders 34, Jets 24 - Jets Blog - ESPN New York
The problem, we all figured, would be the offensive line, featuring first-time starter Colin Baxter (for injured All-Pro Nick Mangold). We were wrong. The defense, Ryan’s pride and joy, couldn’t stop a nosebleed. Darren McFadden rushed for 171 yards and two touchdowns, the fourth 100-yard rusher in the Ryan era. The Raiders rushed for 234 yards, the most against the Jets in 41 games under Ryan.

The tackling was horrendous, with Jamaal Westerman, Bart Scott, David Harris and Jim Leonhard all missing open-field tackles on the Raiders’ big plays.

Loss of poise: The Jets lost this game in the final two minutes of the third quarter with three brutal plays in a row -- a 27-yard run by McFadden (a keeper on a halfback option), a 23-yard TD run on a reverse by rookie Denarius Moore and a fumble by Antonio Cromartie on the ensuing kickoff return. That set up the go-ahead TD.

The collapse was a shocking loss of poise by the Jets, a veteran team that usually can handle crowd noise and momentum swings.

Air thud: The Raiders made the Jets’ passing game look horribly over-rated. The wide receivers talked all week about how they were eager to face the Raiders’ man-to-man coverage. Well, guess what? They couldn’t get open, unable to gain much separation at all. And, remember, the Raiders don’t have star CB Nnamdi Asomugha anymore.

Plaxico Burress and Santonio Holmes combined for only two receptions through 3 ½ quarters, and that included a completion to Burress on the Jets’ first play. Sanchez’s passing was limited to underneath stuff to Derrick Mason and LaDainian Tomlinson, their best weapon out of the backfield. Tomlinson, a career Raiders killer, set up the first TD with a 74-yard catch and run and he scored on a 18-yard pass out of the backfield.

When Sanchez (369 yards, 2 TDs) had somebody open, he couldn’t get the ball to him. He seemed jittery in the pocket all day, throwing a horrible interception in the first quarter in Raiders territory. He perked up late, hitting Burress for a 16-yard TD, but it was too late.

Steelers - Colts game thread

Who is everyone rooting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case