PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2: Patriots vs Jets

I checked my schedule for that its not on there scheduale?

I checked my schedule for that its not on there scheduale?
Maybe they don't do that up in Maine. This is taken from Reiss' blog post today:

The Patriots' home opener, against the New York Jets on Thursday night, will be broadcast on NFL Network. For those in the Boston and surrounding area, the game will also be broadcast on WCVB-TV (Ch. 5).

TV: Nessler & Mayock on the call - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Reading that, it would seem to mean that outside of the Boston area, you'd have to get NFLN to watch it. Perhaps another from Maine could assist in this question?

It's a divisional game and half of the Patriots offensive starters are dealing with nagging injuries. I don't care if its the Jets this game is going to be close. I expect the Patriots to win because of our improved
defense, but our offense is pretty much crippled at the moment.

These are the type of games the 2003/2004 games used to routinely pull out when everything looked bleak.I remember the pats@rams game with all our DBs injured and everyone said we will get blown out. NFL films had MArshall Faulk on the sideline shouting "They have troy brown at DB man, comeon". Time to see what this crew is made of.

How are you all going to watch the game i live in maine and dont have nfl network

It's on a local Boston station as well. If you can't get that, probably go to a bar.

It's on a local Boston station as well. If you can't get that, probably go to a bar.

No thanks i have the nfl network at home but i always watch the game at a friends house who is cheap haha i was just wondering if anyone knew if they were doing on the maine networks!

This game is going to get settled based on three things, like most games:

1) Turnovers. Can't afford to do what we did last week and expect to win. Zero is the goal this week. Mistake-free football.

2) Pats DL vs. Jets OL. Chandler Jones needs to draw double teams and/or win one-on-one against Brick. Simple as that. No Mangold should mean a fun day for Wilfork - we need a dominant, 2011 Ravens AFCCG-like performance out of him.

3) Pats OL vs. Jets DL. This is less about protection and more about running it. If the Pats can run on the Jets (a tough task) it will give NE field position control. NY will dial up a few creative blitzes and sack Brady 2-3 times, but we have to give him a pocket most of the rest of the time. If Ryan decides to all-out blitz and dare our WRs to win in man coverage, we need the OL to give the WRs at least 2-2.5 seconds to break free.

The skill positions for both teams frankly stink. The front sevens for both teams are good. The Jets have a better secondary but the Patriots have the better OL and QB. Plus this is a home game and it's the Jets, so you know that Brady has had this one circled like every year.

Ultimately, I see this as a 17-13 type of affair which will excite no one on national TV but Pats fans everywhere will breathe a sigh of relief when it is over. Brady's YPA will be like 6 but if he can avoid turnovers, convert 3rd downs near 50% and we can run for 4 YPC, we will get 3-4 scores (TD or FG).

It's a divisional game and half of the Patriots offensive starters are dealing with nagging injuries. I don't care if its the Jets this game is going to be close. I expect the Patriots to win because of our improved
defense, but our offense is pretty much crippled at the moment.

The Jets are a joke and so is Rex Ryan.

Pats 50
Jets 7

Rex has a meltdown at the press conference and is fired the next day.

These are the type of games the 2003/2004 games used to routinely pull out when everything looked bleak.I remember the pats@rams game with all our DBs injured and everyone said we will get blown out. NFL films had MArshall Faulk on the sideline shouting "They have troy brown at DB man, comeon". Time to see what this crew is made of.

Agreed - it's going to be a tough one, and if the Pats pull it out it will be because guys like Edelman, Ridley, and Thompkins stepped up and made the offense serviceable, the offensive line won the battle in the trenches, and the defense took care of business against an offense that's even worse than ours in its current state (down its top three playmakers).

I think they can do it. In fact, I think they will, but I expect it to be a very close, hard-fought game.

Man, the football gods really hate us. Significant groin injury to Amendola ?

After the injuries, this is the worst Pat's offense since 2001. We only have ONE TE.

Well Dobson says he will play so that's good at least. But basically no TEs and no slot guys this week

For those without Nfl Network. Will this game be broadcasted on local stations? If so, is there a website that lists this?

For those without Nfl Network. Will this game be broadcasted on local stations? If so, is there a website that lists this?
It will be on WCVB around Boston.

Boyce saw some time there in the preseason too.

Thompkins will have top step up big and I think he can do it after his major fail last week but a good pre season

Edelman to the slot
Just because Dobson said he's ready to play doesn't mean it will happen. I hope it does but this could be his way of saying, "I'm healthy. If I don't play, it's a coach's decision."

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back