PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2: Patriots vs Jets

brady surrounded by mediocre players..

any chance dobson plays???

Ugh. Offense is going to be brutal to watch.
Yep - thankfully we still have better offensive players (even without the massive QB difference) than the Jets do so we should be able to pull it out if the defense plays solidly. Going forward beyond this game is more of a concern until some guys gets back/get it.

The O/U is only 44 for this game and the under is looking better and better.

And there it is - now I'm definitely worried. Thompkins needs to show up, and it wouldn't hurt for Dobson or Boyce to do the same.

The receiving corps is so depleted at this point that I think we'll need to win this one primarily on D and in the ground game.
We'll see how good Rap's sources are but I had a feeling Amendola would sit. Let the crowing begin about him being made of glass.

Here's to hoping Dobson gets on the field and Boyce is visible Thursday night.

What's the deal with Sudfeld? Kinda surprising they haven't brought in another TE...

Potential 3rd down skill position lineup:

OhOh
Edelman
Thompkins
Boyce
Washington

We'll see how good Rap's sources are but I had a feeling Amendola would sit. Let the crowing begin about him being made of glass.

Here's to hoping Dobson gets on the field and Boyce is visible Thursday night.

If he misses the game, I don't see how it's crowing. If anything, it would be a facepalm.

What's the deal with Sudfeld? Kinda surprising they haven't brought in another TE...

I'm really surprised that Fells hasn't been re-signed.

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 1m
Dobson told me he expects to play

Of course he does.

So, Patriots B Team against the Jets starters? Should be a close game.

Next game only 4 days away, thus already on my mind...

Patriots open as 11.5 favorites, not sure if I'm too sold on that line.

As much as I hate the Jets, I still think Ryan is a great defensive coach and he has out-coached Belichick before. This will easily be the weakest offense Ryan will be scheming against since he joined New York.

I don't expect us to win with the Amendola/Edleman show again. Something needs to change this week.
There's a reason there's a huge 11.5 point spread -- this game is a lock for the Patriots. Besides a rookie at QB, Jeremy Kerley their leading receiver last year and versatile slot receiver is probably out with a concussion. Quinton Coples their 1st rd draft pick last year and leader in sacks is out with a broken foot. Santonio Holmes is not nearly 100% so their already thin WR corp is shot.

NE stacks the box with Wilfork & Co. and dares Smith to beat 'em with his arm operating with a limited group of pass catchers--game over.

Defensively, outside of Davis their LBs are slow as hell. McIntyre is a scrub filling in for Coples. Safeties are very questionable and Milliner their top pick this year got beat for a TD even if it was his 1st game.

Try as he might, Rex's Jet roster is full of holes. Looks like they dumped a lot of overpaid, over-the-hill dead weight this year (e.g. Bart Scott) and are still a draft or two away from filling in the gaps. I've read they have 7 new starters on defense alone? Well, Ryan clearly doesn't have the horses.

Pats to cover the 11.5 point spread.

There's a reason there's a huge 11.5 point spread -- this game is a lock for the Patriots. Besides a rookie at QB, Jeremy Kerley their leading receiver last year and versatile slot receiver is probably out with a concussion. Quinton Coples their 1st rd draft pick last year and leader in sacks is out with a broken foot. Santonio Holmes is not nearly 100% so their already thin WR corp is shot.

NE stacks the box with Wilfork & Co. and dares Smith to beat 'em with his arm operating with a limited group of pass catchers--game over.

Defensively, outside of Davis their LBs are slow as hell. McIntyre is a scrub filling in for Coples. Safeties are very questionable and Milliner their top pick this year got beat for a TD even if it was his 1st game.

Try as he might, Rex's Jet roster is full of holes. Looks like they dumped a lot of overpaid, over-the-hill dead weight this year (e.g. Bart Scott) and are still a draft or two away from filling in the gaps. I've read they have 7 new starters on defense alone? Well, Ryan clearly doesn't have the horses.

Pats to cover the 11.5 point spread.

I like your optimism but I am concerned that this will be a close one and that means either way. I thought it would be a blow out until I watch last week game and now with injuries and replacement players I am concerned.

How are you all going to watch the game i live in maine and dont have nfl network

It's a divisional game and half of the Patriots offensive starters are dealing with nagging injuries. I don't care if its the Jets this game is going to be close. I expect the Patriots to win because of our improved
defense, but our offense is pretty much crippled at the moment.

How are you all going to watch the game i live in maine and dont have nfl network
It should be on your local ABC affiliate, I believe. It always is around here in MA.

I just hope its not some type of tear after he played the 2nd half which could be disastrous.
Deus posted a Roche tweet somewhere where he says it is significant.

Here it is:

Dan Roche ‏@RochieWBZ 1h
Source confirms 1) Vereen will miss min of 4 weeks with broken wrist 2) Amendola likely to miss Thurs with significant groin injury #wbz

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back