PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEK 2 ESPN Power rankings (Pats at 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets at 3 are a joke. If you base the ratings on just this season, you have to put the Lions and Texans above the Jets, because they've definitely looked better. If you're taking last year into account, you have to put the Saints above them, because they lost a squeaker to the SB champs.

Patriots homers should not say this, but I thought the Jets looked very good last week.. their D, seems even better than last year. Sanchez has more weapons...

Should be a battle in two weeks..

I agree with your last point - it should be a battle when the Jets play the Pats. The Jets are very good and their style concerns me.

As to your first point....the Jaguars suck eggs, so looking good against them isn't exactly a major feat. A team like the Jets *should* look good against them.

Jets at 3 are a joke. If you base the ratings on just this season, you have to put the Lions and Texans above the Jets, because they've definitely looked better. If you're taking last year into account, you have to put the Saints above them, because they lost a squeaker to the SB champs.

If one playoff game from last year should catapult the Saints ahead of the Jets, why is it okay to have the Patriots above them?

edit: I'm not trying to troll or start anything, but it's just using the same logic you applied to the situation, but from both perspectives.

Last edited:
I want the Jets ranked as high as possible. The higher they are the harder they fall.

Jets played Dallas (lol) and Jax..yeah they are deff #3 :rolleyes:

If one playoff game from last year should catapult the Saints ahead of the Jets, why is it okay to have the Patriots above them?

I think the game being mentioned with the Saints is the season opener!

Not a playoff game last year!

Patriots homers should not say this, but I thought the Jets looked very good last week.. their D, seems even better than last year. Sanchez has more weapons...

Should be a battle in two weeks..
I thought that if the Jags had a decent QB they would have Smoked the Jests. The Jest D looked good because McClown was, well, a Clown at QB.

That was a good breakdown, and I agree with everything...

Yeah, I agree. We are better than the Jet in total offense, our defense is not as good, but our coaching is better. We are a better team than the Jets. Not sure if we deserve #4 , but I believe the Texans, Lions, and chargers are also better than the Jets. The power rating is not very well thought out.
We can go toe to toe with GB , and that was with out smith and Moore. GB and the Patriots should be switched, thats not sucking up,lol , not sure either of us can consistently beat the Patriots. Still wondering about Texans, they didn't play very good teams, but I guess we will see this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand