PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 1 Patriot Player Evaluations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayo is in clear position to make a tackle while a slow running Chad Henne was still 7-8 yards away..... Mayo ended up barely getting a finger on him.

It was Mayos fault. End of story.

You can tell yourself that all you want. Until I hear it from either the coach or the player I could give a crap.

You keep having to make these qualifiers to make it sound worse. Slow Henne, clear position, obvious draw, assuming exactly when he saw Henne leaving the pocket even though he's looking at the guy he's supposed to be covering.

If you are wrong on any of these things that you don't know unless you are Mayo, then you're argument falls apart.

You can tell yourself that all you want. Until I hear it from either the coach or the player I could give a crap.

You keep having to make these qualifiers to make it sound worse. Slow Henne, clear position, obvious draw, assuming exactly when he saw Henne leaving the pocket even though he's looking at the guy he's supposed to be covering.

If you are wrong on any of these things that you don't know unless you are Mayo, then you're argument falls apart.
Yeah, those "qualifiers" I make are called logic. A slow QB should not be able to run 7-8 yards before an athletic LB runs 2 yards.

Mayo was clearly in position to make the play and he failed. It was a bad play. Admit it and move on.

Last edited:
I've been a big Spikes fan since he was in College. I wanted us to draft him when he was considered a 1st rd talent.

Even if his tweets are about a girlfriend or relationship..... the NFL season just started. His head doesnt seem to be in the right place.

BB is not a babysitter. and no, Spikes was not "outstanding" last year. Only decent.

maybe outstanding was a bit of a strong word, but he was above average and showed a ton of promise. As the season went on, right before his suspension, he was a crucial part of our defense. Decent is an incorrect word for a rookie LB like him.

And I don't think BB is trying to be a babysitter. Again, I refer to the actual reporting Reiss did into the matter: Spikes sparks up social media chatter - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

As you can see, it doesn't appear that Spikes is talking about the team at all. Also, there is nothing wrong with a human tweeting about things that aren't related to the NFL. He isn't a robot.

2. Spikes traveled with the team to Miami, but Did Not Play the entire game yesterday.

He didn't play because he was inactive. He was inactive because he has been injured. Same for every other inactive player except for Mallett. Is Vereen a bust already? Same for Price? Cunningham and Vollmer suffering a sophomore slump?

There are plenty of reasons to be critical of the Pats. No need to invent new ones.

Why is there such heated discussion about Mayo here wow.

A quick glimpse at the replay and I think his reaction time was fine but he got juked, he may have thought Guyton was closer to the inside than he was (or didn't see the guy hitting Guyton) but he did get juked to the outside. But whoopty doo, Urlacher got juked by Brady. Unless Mayo gets juked on a continual basis (which he has not shown the tendency to) then I don't get what all the hooplah is from the OP.

Nathan, btw the comments about Spikes' tweets are beyond absurd. It's a personal social media network that he's using, he doesn't have to be thinking about his job 24/7 as much as you want him to. You might want to stop following players on twitter if you think they need to think about football 24/7, or even that they have to have a specific mental make-up that you feel indicates someone is an adult or not.

Last edited:
Why is there such heated discussion about Mayo here wow.

A quick glimpse at the replay and I think his reaction time was fine but he got juked, he may have thought Guyton was closer to the inside than he was (or didn't see the guy hitting Guyton) but he did get juked to the outside. But whoopty doo, Urlacher got juked by Brady. Unless Mayo gets juked on a continual basis (which he has not shown the tendency to) then I don't get what all the hooplah is from the OP.

Nathan, btw the comments about Spikes' tweets are beyond absurd. It's a personal social media network that he's using, he doesn't have to be thinking about his job 24/7 as much as you want him to. You might want to stop following players on twitter if you think they need to think about football 24/7, or even that they have to have a specific mental make-up that you feel indicates someone is an adult or not.

:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes