PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI dying slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... But.... WEEI said the only reason they were losing to 98.5 was because 98.5's FM signal went farther than WEEI's AM signal. Now that WEEI is on FM, they should be kicking 98.5's arse right?!? LOL! WEEI's ratings which combines both the AM and FM signal are still peiss poor compared to 98.5.

EEI's problem is reaching more people.

WEEI shot itself in both feet breaking up Dale and Holley and replacing them with the extremely weak Mutt & Merloni. Meanwhile, Ordway has become an even more insufferably pompous little **** (if that was possible), and Mike Adams has been a sad joke from day one. The "talent" is doing them in.

Could not agree more between Munansky's whiny wanna be commentary and Merloni claiming how much he loves football and hockey, the whole thing makes me want to puke.

Early on I emailed Jason Wolfe of EEI voicing my displeasure with getting rid of Dale and Holley, and he essentially said tough...

They ruined something that worked... it is only a matter of time, unfortunately when that happens there will only be one choice.. and when that happens complacency sets in.

Right now do not listen to much of anything on sportstalk, will tune in for the draft stuff.. then a long spell of Red Sox Banter..

Last edited:
I first started listening to EEI for real when the HC of the NYJ press conference was aired. I got the distinct impression that they were all resting on their laurels because their only competition 890AM(?) sucked horribly. Not including **** Raditz and the Whiner Line, were they ever any good? ?

These ratings are only from the 25 - 54 age group, the prime group advertisers focus on/target with their ad dollars.
They are not the entire ratings.

Personally I find Boston sports talk radio to be getting worse with each passing year. Very negative, quite personal in their atacks (especially the Sports Hub), they all talk off the same script and parrot one another on certain topics...i.e. the Red Sox.
There are no fresh voices....no fierce and interesting debate and discussion.

Toucher and Rich - Beavis and Butthead radio for 15 years old.
Gresh and Zo - awesome on football. Embarrassingly dumb on all other topics.
Listening to Zo talk Red Sox is laugh out loud funny. Zo is not a very bright man and it comes across when he's out of his football element. Robert Kraft's houseboy is dumb as a stump.
Felger and Mazz - could be good but Felger acts out like a 14 year old with his embarrassing "what a douche" "what a dbag" references. Embarrassingly immature. Felger also gets personal at times which is quite ugly. Tony Mazz is simply Felger's lap dog. "Yes Mike", "I agree Mike" "You're right Mike". Have those 2 ever had a heated debate on any topic??
Felger pontificates and Mazz agrees. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Dennis and Callahan - adult radio for sure but they get off the sports topics all too often. Both are arrogant and condescending. Meterparel is obnoxious and they lose audience because of him.
Mutt and Merloni - predicted that would bomb and it has.
Ordway and Holley - I also predicted this wouldn't work and it hasn't. The ONLY thing I like about this show is these guys, unlike DB and squeak, will actually disagree and hotly debate topics. I've never liked Ordway, have never understood why he's been around as long as he has. Rude and pompous. Holley I like but Mike needs to be with a certain host to have it work. An insufferable blowhard like Ordway is not that host.

Last edited:
WEEI dying slowly....I hope so.

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of hatred for EEI. Personally, I can't stand Callahan and Dennis, especially Callahan so I do this really clever thing; I don't listen. I think losing listeners is more painful to EEI than a laundry basketful of complaining letters.
I don't know about 98.5 since we out here in the hinterland, don't get it.

Funny i listen to 98.5 till 2 and go over to big show during footbal season....as felger is horrible when it comes to football.

You listen to those giggling morons in the morning for football information? :confused:

I don't listen to the morning shows on either channel but as for mid day and afternoon drive 98.5 kills EEI. Gresh and Zolak are great during football season and although they don't know crap about hockey I'd still rather listen to them spin their wheels about the Bruins than anything on EEI plus they have Bergeron on once a week. Felger is a douche (his act with Beckett is getting stupid for example) but he is a big hockey supporter which I appreciate. The fact is that EEI left the Bruins for dead and mocked hockey fans for years while 98.5 built them back up over it's existence, and sure that's because they are the flag ship station of the B's, but I still appreciate it. The Bruins and Pats are my top 2 teams so naturally I like their station more.

I'm shocked that a station that actually pays "Mikey" Adams is struggling against the competition. They should have a lock on the under 13 crowd.

he's a baseball guy. As a matter of fact most of the EEI guys are baseball first. I thought Mike Adams was going to cry talking about Tech retiring. If he exuded 10% of that passion towards football I would give him a chance. Unfortunately the reality is that dude would talk baseball 24/7 if he could.

just from my perspective, i think they both suck. so, it's just a matter of less suckage.

toucher and rich-horrendous............d and c-less suck
mutt and merloni-unlistenable...........gresh and zo-less suck
feltch and mazz-ears bleed............. big show because of holley-less suck

THIS!

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone kidnapped Mazz and he disappeared forever? Sigh....dreams......

I'm surprised there is so many negative comments about Felger. He's probably the guy I like listening to most. He's not the most in-tune football guy, but give credit where credit it due. In 2009 he said Moss was a whiny 'd-bag' while he was here and they needed to get rid of him. I agreed with him but most people thought saying that made him an arse. He also said getting rid of Moss would make the team better and it absolutely did IMO.

He criticizes Belichick for trading down, something that I know frustrates many Pats fans. It's fair criticism but it's not personal or anything like it is with Shaughnessy.

I like that he continually trashes Beckett. The guy epitomizes everything that is wrong with Baseball/ the Red Sox. A bunch of entitled, out-of-shape, over paid guys who are out for themselves.

I'm surprised there is so many negative comments about Felger. He's probably the guy I like listening to most. He's not the most in-tune football guy, but give credit where credit it due. In 2009 he said Moss was a whiny 'd-bag' while he was here and they needed to get rid of him. I agreed with him but most people thought saying that made him an arse. He also said getting rid of Moss would make the team better and it absolutely did IMO.

He criticizes Belichick for trading down, something that I know frustrates many Pats fans. It's fair criticism but it's not personal or anything like it is with Shaughnessy.

I like that he continually trashes Beckett. The guy epitomizes everything that is wrong with Baseball/ the Red Sox. A bunch of entitled, out-of-shape, over paid guys who are out for themselves.
You just earned Five demerits and have to stand in the corner until We say its OK....OH, and you're on probation :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about 98.5 since we out here in the hinterland, don't get it.

Just tune in via your computer. They stream live.

You just earned Five demarites and have to stand in the corner until We say its OK....OH, and your on probation :mad:

FWIW I hate Borges, I boycott DeOssie. I agree that D&C are biggoted and condescending, I like Holley, I kind of like Gresh, ZO is ok but can frequently sound really dumb. I think that's pretty much in line with the majority.

Is that blog slang for demerits?

if 'eei could bring back dale and holley, get the band back together(excluding deossie) for the big show, get rid of mike adams and move mutt and merloni there, they might save the sinking ship.

It is personal with Felger regarding Belichick. It's been personal since a press conference a number of years ago when Felger prefaced a question to BB with, "Correct me if I'm wrong" and before Felger could go any further BB interjected, "I can't wait." All of Felger's colleagues laughed and Felger was the only one not amused. In fact, he was livid because BB dumped a steaming pile on his head in front of everyone.

FWIW I hate Borges, I boycott DeOssie. I agree that D&C are biggoted and condescending, I like Holley, I kind of like Gresh, ZO is ok but can frequently sound really dumb. I think that's pretty much in line with the majority.

Is that blog slang for demerits?
Is yours slang for "bigoted?"

It is personal with Felger regarding Belichick. It's been personal since a press conference a number of years ago when Felger prefaced a question to BB with, "Correct me if I'm wrong" and before Felger could go any further BB interjected, "I can't wait." All of Felger's colleagues laughed and Felger was the only one not amused. In fact, he was livid because BB dumped a steaming pile on his head in front of everyone.

I always wondered why Felger hated Bill so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back