PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com Brace is signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news, hope he sucks in as much as he can Wilfork, I think he has what it takes to be a sold backup and hopefully not a replacement for Big Vince. But certainly a useful rook at NT.

One has to appreciate how Brace's agent fluff up the deal. He got the Patriots to explicitly guarantee his 2009 salary and a great deal of his 2010 salary when they were already implicitly guaranteed. When was the last time a team waived a 2nd round pick in the same season as they were drafted?? A very high percentage picks play at least two seasons before they are waived.

[“[He’s] a little bit taller, so I think there is some degree of flexibility between playing on the center, playing on the guard, and playing between the tackle and the guard, or on the tackle in varying degrees with all three players. How that actually manifests itself, we’ll see.”]

Interesting that Belichick thinks Brace could potentially play in multiple areas.

Great news...and I assume soon as these contracts are all finalized..cuts made. I too am interested in how he will be used..thinking obviously NT and DT in a 4-3 short yardage situation.

I just hope that Kraft has ordered extra food trucks with Brace & Wilfie both at camp

i kinda hoped the broncos would draft this guy, i thought for sure when they traded into the bottom of teh 2nd it was for him or reyrey. well see what smith can do, hes a ballhawk thats for sure.

Say Hello to the 2010 starting NT for the Patriots

This guy was brought in to be Wilfork's successor,no doubt in my mind,can't see the team affording both Wilfork and Seymour and Seymour might have the edge at staying here next season.

Wilfork is a goner IMO - We lost star players almost every year since 2003 and next offseason won't be any different the way I see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft