PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather for Thursday vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacPete1

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I don't live in the area but the forecast looks pretty nasty for tomorrow and reminded me somewhat of the Buffalo game from last year but warmer.

The first thing that stands out from that game was Blount and no turnovers which was remarkable.

I'm not expecting much from the running game but I would prefer to see White in their more than Bolden. I think Bolden's value on coverage units will be even greater and although we've only seen a few plays from White, his ball security at Wisconsin was impressive.

Update

Downpours are heading east as I type. There are two new developments with this band of rain. First, the heaviest rain is timed to arrive from early afternoon to late afternoon, no longer dragging into the overnight and wee hours of Friday morning. Second, the fact that it's moving faster means rainfall amounts will be lighter - still looking at 1/2 to 1", but not on the order of 2-3" if this system were moving slower. This is big news for the Pats game, since the heavy stuff should be done by game time, with just lingering nuisance showers through the game. (And a lot less wind.)

FWIW

yeah heaviest will be before game...during game won't be that bad now which is awesome for those of us going

As long as it isn't like last year's Bengals game.

I have always thought that the Pats of the last few years don't play well in the rain. I keep thinking of the SF game in 2012 and all the fumbles.

Ughh I HATE games in the rain

The first thing that stands out from that game was Blount and no turnovers which was remarkable.

Wasn't it also pure luck? I seem to remember Blount fumbling a couple times in that game but the Patriots got the bounce.

From Channel 7 at 6:45 this a.m.:

The timing of the storm is the worst--the evening commute as well as the Patriots game. Tailgating looks wet down at Gillette but the game itself will see the rain quickly come to an end by the end of the first quarter.

While I feel bad for the tailgaters — and commuters — I'm Ok with the timing of this from a game/strategy perspective. Couple of Geno fumbles and picks in the first quarter, then pile it on. :)

While I feel bad for the tailgaters — and commuters — I'm Ok with the timing of this from a game/strategy perspective. Couple of Geno fumbles and picks in the first quarter, then pile it on. :)
Thanks for the info!

Rain is the jets only real chance. So good for us. Jets d line is excellent would not want it to come down to the battle at the line.

the harder it is to throw and catch the better it is for the jets.

the harder it is to throw and catch the better it is for the jets.
Jets usual passing game would be like ours in a downpour. Rex better be doing his rain dance.

Last edited:

Ya not sure we are tailgating tonight. Think i will be stuck in traffic most if the time with this rain...

Just saw two weather reports saying the rain will be DONE and GONE by kickoff! :)

Just saw two weather reports saying the rain will be DONE and GONE by kickoff! :)
Really? I just saw its supposed to be 80-60% from 8-10. I hope your sources are right compared to what I just heard though.

Last year they were calling for rain as well. Wonderful weather until right after halftime. Then dear God did it rain. Pats won so it was ok.

Rain is the jets only real chance. So good for us. Jets d line is excellent would not want it to come down to the battle at the line.

I actually think this is great news for the Patriots. First of all Brady is the best bad weather QB to ever play the game, and a sloppy field is the best chance the Patriots OL has of slowing down the jets DL. Poor footing always favors the OL and the passing game as the DL cannot get traction and the receivers have a major advantage over the Defensive Backs. We'll see how it pans out but i think the weather works in favor of the Patriots.

The rain is going HARD right now, and I love it.

5 long hours left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand