PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather equalizer Monday night(merged X 2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: wind in baltimore.

Has Brady never played in the bad weather before? Gee, did the Patriots not have a deep threat last year and make it one game from the Super Bowl? I think they can handle it.

Thats the problem with this site. Ask a legitimate question and get the usual pack of know it all jack asses to respond with ther weak lame sarcastic bs. i'll tell you what, I will instead report tomorrow night after the game on how the wind affected the Pats passing game.

Thats the problem with this site. Ask a legitimate question and get the usual pack of know it all jack asses to respond with ther weak lame sarcastic bs. i'll tell you what, I will instead report tomorrow night after the game on how the wind affected the Pats passing game.

I am not blaming your weather report. I just think the Patriots should know how to play in wind or any other kind of weather. If they can not they will win nothing.:rocker:

Has Brady never played in the bad weather before? Gee, did the Patriots not have a deep threat last year and make it one game from the Super Bowl? I think they can handle it.

he is right wind is always an effect buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rocker:

I just think the Patriots will be ready.Sorry if you thought I was being sarcastic. :)

I am here in baltimore i am going to see the pats game tommorow night and i was wondering if the wind will be a factor.

weather report.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear skies with gusty winds. Low 33F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph

We drove by the stadium today , and it seems to be enclosed. Does an enclosed stadium usually shelter the field from the wind?
I think his question is not 'if wind is an issue' but rather 'is wind an issue at M&T Bank Stadium'. I for one don't know. Here is a happy little picture of the stadium.

mtbank2007901.jpg

mtbank2007900.jpg

I'm down here by BMore. Driving in, the forecast is wind, wind, and more wind.

25 to 35, with gusts to 50.

Now back to Jim who has a fun little story on Egg Nog.

There are large openings on each side of the scoreboards that open to outside of the stadium, creating a bit of a wind tunnel effect if the wind is coming from the right direction. There are also openings at the top of the lower deck that I know from experience can be extremely windy. Wind will be somewhat of a factor if and only if it is coming from the right direction.

Re: Weather equalizer Monday night?

Interestingly, Boller has thrown 34% of his passes beyond 10 yards (length of throw not the end result) whereas Brady has throw 25%. We have an exquisite short game with Moss, Welker, Watson, Gaffney, Faulk.

Of Moss' 71 catches, only 10 were thrown longer than 20 yards. Only 8 of Welker's 81 were thrown longer than 10 yards. Only 3 of Stallworth's 37 were thrown beyond 20 yards.

We go downfield a decent amount but it's short passes and great YAC that really keep the engine ticking - that's how Brady is completing 72.4% of his passes.

very interesting stats, I had no idea that such a high percentage of all the completions were under ten yards

Will the wind affect TB?

It's supposed o be quite windy tonight - how much bearing do you think it will have on TB's throwing? Will they do more running plays instead if the wind keeps up. He has to get 4 TDs today in pursuit of 50!

Here is an update, a little less windy that they predicted but still windy.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. West wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.

The Pats are doomed. They can't run the ball. Maroney is hurt.

Seriously, isn't Brady as good as any QB throwing the ball in bad weather?

Where did Kyle Boller go to college? Where did Kyle Boller go to HS?

California! What makes you think he is any better at playing in bad weather?

One more note. The wind is so bad in Philly today that it blew a woman over in the street and my friends who work downtown can feel their building swaying.

Philly for those of you who are geographically challenged is only 1.5 hours north of beautiful downtown Baltimore...

Jeez, you guys act like we have Florida weather up here in New England. The Pats will be alright, IMO.

Nobody here is saying Brady can't throw better than anyone in bad weather.
What some of us are saying is that strong, gusty winds if present at gametime could possibly negate the threat of the DEEP ball. No deep threat means that the Birds D can focus on the shorter passing game and keep the safetys closer to the LOS. That could hold down the Pats scoring.

Last edited:
Agreed it may keep the scoring down. I don't see the Pats running the score up on this defense.

Looks like we're locked in on low 20s for wind, that seems to be sticking in the forecasts. I guess I'd prefer perfect weather but we throw mostly short passes and Baltimore can't be fooish enough to not respect Moss downfield - our #1 WR isn't the 5'9" Branch anymore - Brady doesn't need to make a perfect pass, Moss can reach out and grab a wind blown throw.

I worried about this wind thing...not because I don't think TB and the Pats WRs can handle it but what if the wind starts pushing Bollers crappy off target throws into the hands of his WRs? what then???:confused:

One more note. The wind is so bad in Philly today that it blew a woman over in the street and my friends who work downtown can feel their building swaying.

Philly for those of you who are geographically challenged is only 1.5 hours north of beautiful downtown Baltimore...

Yeah, it is effin windy here.... Has died down a bit recently though.

I think having a windy cold night or two now is an advantage so they have a chance to get accustomed to playing under these conditions. It's something they haven't seen this year and would give them a big leg up on Indy for a game @ Gillette since Indy will be playing all warm weather or dome games. Let Brady and the receivers work their way into playing with the elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back